help with x10 and xl

Help each other out

Postby justonemore on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:13 am

Placing the files in wrong folders threw me for a loop as well at first. As lasse said, just ask and we'll figure it out :D
justonemore

Postby jimmyb on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:23 pm

My 2 cents worth. I am using Steve's default skin to control my X10 using AHP and the CM15a. Just set up events for each device on and off. Sendplc on and sendplc off with device code worked somewhat. For some reason I changed to sendrf and now they work all the time every time. Can't dim with XL yet but using Macro should fix that.

Now this only works if XL is running on the same machine as the X10. For this I use an Airpanel RDP into that computer. For all other computers I use the webserver as my lighting screen and switch from there. Works great.

I am very pleased and enjoying the Xlobby experience for home automation.
jimmyb

Postby XLRETARD on Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:37 pm

thanks to all for the help! :D

got it up and running but now i want to do an "all off" button.

how do i do that?

under commands i have already tried:

ACTION: sendplc
PARAMETER: all off, all units off, all lights off (all individualy)

is there any way with out sending individual off commands eg(a1 off, a2 off, a3 off etc.)

thanks
XLRETARD

Postby a06lp on Wed May 10, 2006 3:21 pm

jimmyb wrote:I am using Steve's default skin to control my X10 using AHP and the CM15a. Just set up events for each device on and off. Sendplc on and sendplc off with device code worked somewhat. For some reason I changed to sendrf and now they work all the time every time. Can't dim with XL yet but using Macro should fix that.

I am using ActiveHome for my X10 control.
I am trying to get it to work from in XLobby.

Can someone help me understand these commands?
sendplc, rendrf, etc.?
Do these commands need ActiveHome open to work?

How can I dim lights?
(ex: event to dim lights to 25% - no matter whether they are on, off, or set to a diferent dim percentage).

Thanks.
a06lp

Postby XLRETARD on Wed May 10, 2006 4:23 pm

a06lp wrote:
jimmyb wrote:I am using Steve's default skin to control my X10 using AHP and the CM15a. Just set up events for each device on and off. Sendplc on and sendplc off with device code worked somewhat. For some reason I changed to sendrf and now they work all the time every time. Can't dim with XL yet but using Macro should fix that.

I am using ActiveHome for my X10 control.
I am trying to get it to work from in XLobby.

Can someone help me understand these commands?
sendplc, rendrf, etc.?
Do these commands need ActiveHome open to work?

How can I dim lights?
(ex: event to dim lights to 25% - no matter whether they are on, off, or set to a diferent dim percentage).

Thanks.

hey a06lp

i am myself am just getting into this xlobby but this has been working for me:

first you need to set up the commands
while in xlobby press F2
click on "event manager"
click on the "+" next to "skin"
now it's all a mater of preferance but there should be a folder labled "lighting" or "x10" or "automation" if not you can create one by clicking on the "add group" button.
click on one of those buttons
now you have to add an event so click on "add event"
and lable it like "a1 on" or "master bedroom on" (you need to lable one for on and one for off and also one for dimming and one for bright for each individual house code)
now that you labled it make sure it is highlighted
in the box on the left there should be a folder labled "x10" open that up and a drop down folder will show "send action"
open that up.
under "action" type "sendplc"
under "parameter" type "a1 on" or what ever code is required
then click on the test button to see if it works.
dont forget you need to add a new event for each action. "a1 on" add event "a1 off"

now for diming
same setup as above but in the parameter box type "a1 dim 20%" or what ever percentage you like and the same when you want to make it bright "a1 bright 20%"

i hope this helps PS dont use the quotes ( " ) before or after i just used them for instances.

and no you dont need active home open
and yes this will be time consuming depending on how many x10 items you have.

brett
XLRETARD

Postby XLRETARD on Wed May 10, 2006 4:34 pm

WAIT the above will only work with the cm15a and if you have all of the xap applications installed.

if you are using the cm11a thats a whole other OPRAH :wink:
XLRETARD

Postby a06lp on Wed May 10, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your response.

I think I have the CM11A. What does that mean for me?

Also, your dim commands were'nt exactly what I was asking for - I don't want it to dim 20% - I want it to dim TO 20%.

If my lighting is at 80%, and I dim 20%, it will be 60%.
If my lighting is at 80%, and I dim TO 20%, it will be 20%.
See what I mean?
a06lp

Postby XLRETARD on Wed May 10, 2006 6:30 pm

a06lp wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your response.

I think I have the CM11A. What does that mean for me?

Also, your dim commands were'nt exactly what I was asking for - I don't want it to dim 20% - I want it to dim TO 20%.

If my lighting is at 80%, and I dim 20%, it will be 60%.
If my lighting is at 80%, and I dim TO 20%, it will be 20%.
See what I mean?

for the lighting i think it can only be dimed in increments of %.
i'm not sure if it can be specified to a certain %. you can change the percentages though.....if your lighting is at 100% and you only want it at 20% then set it at "dim 80%"
or if the light is off then set it a "a? bright 20%"

and cince you have the cm11a (that is what i have reverted back to)
i will get back to you later on setting that up to work and you will need active home running or atleast the x10comm.exe. im at work right now and don't remember exactly the set up for the cm11a off the top of my head.
XLRETARD

Postby a06lp on Wed May 10, 2006 8:57 pm

XLRETARD wrote:and cince you have the cm11a (that is what i have reverted back to)
i will get back to you later on setting that up to work and you will need active home running or atleast the x10comm.exe. im at work right now and don't remember exactly the set up for the cm11a off the top of my head.

Ok, I'll wait for your reply. =)
(whats x10comm.exe?)
a06lp

Postby XLRETARD on Wed May 10, 2006 9:02 pm

a06lp wrote:
(whats x10comm.exe?)

don't worry you have it. it's what AH uses to comunicate with x10 (i think :roll: )
XLRETARD

Postby XLRETARD on Thu May 11, 2006 12:21 am

ok this is how i use the cm11a with xlobby

in xlobby---f2----event manager-----go to "skin" open the file you want all of your x10 stuff in

just like before
first you need to set up the commands
while in xlobby press F2
click on "event manager"
click on the "+" next to "skin"
now it's all a mater of preferance but there should be a folder labled "lighting" or "x10" or "automation" if not you can create one by clicking on the "add group" button.
click on one of those buttons
now you have to add an event so click on "add event"
and lable it like "a1 on" or "master bedroom on" (you need to lable one for on and one for off and also one for dimming and one for bright for each individual house code)
now that you labled it make sure it is highlighted
then on the right side click on "OS" then click on "execute file"
now in the "file" box click on "brouse" and now you are going to have to locate the "x10comm.exe" it should be in the same folder as your active home mine is labled "home control". click on that and select open.
in the "arguments" box you put your actions that you want i.e. "a1 on" or "a1 off" or "a1 dim 50%" etc. i always click the "test" button just to make sure it works. then after you get all of your suff set up you need to go set up the buttons.

hope this work for you i know not every ones computers will work the same but this is how mine works.

brett
XLRETARD

Postby a06lp on Thu May 11, 2006 2:21 am

it didn't work. :(
why not?!
a06lp

Postby rembetis on Thu May 11, 2006 2:40 am

a06lp wrote:it didn't work. :(
why not?!

According to this site if the module is dimmable, a dimming percentage must be used and the dimming percentage must be expressed as a 3-digit number followed by the percentage sign (e.g. x10comm.exe a1 dim to 020%). Obviously, you also need to make sure your modules are using the same house code that you're entering in the event.
rembetis

Postby a06lp on Thu May 11, 2006 2:44 am

ok, itke bck my previos post.
i uninstalld AH, and installd it, and now t commans above wok. cool!!
a06lp

Postby XLRETARD on Thu May 11, 2006 1:21 pm

rembetis wrote:
a06lp wrote:it didn't work. :(
why not?!

According to this site if the module is dimmable, a dimming percentage must be used and the dimming percentage must be expressed as a 3-digit number followed by the percentage sign (e.g. x10comm.exe a1 dim to 020%). Obviously, you also need to make sure your modules are using the same house code that you're entering in the event.

that clears up some issues i was having too :roll:
XLRETARD

PreviousNext