DVD spider problems

Help each other out

DVD spider problems

Postby tswhite70 on Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:59 pm

I've got a problem pulling IMDB info for movies with the spider. I'm no longer able to get Plot information or any stills for movies that I import (this has been going on for a month or 2). For Plot info it just doesn't show up, it's there on IMDB though and I've been copying it in manually. For Stills, I click the download stills button but nothing happens. The stills are on IMDB. I've tried this with multiple movies and multiple versions of Xlobby including the latest releases.

My guess is that since no one else is complaining that it's not actually a problem with Xlobby, but that something has gotten screwed up in my config or my databases somehow....

Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks-
tsw
tswhite70

Ditto...

Postby kolemieux on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:56 pm

I was going to post this as well last evening Steven. I don't get it with all of my movies, but many with IMDB.

I simply LOVE the Spider featre - LOVE IT ----- but know it has to be a trick to keep up with any changes made on the back-ends. I can't recall the ones I had a challenge with and really should have had these before I posted this here. Let me check and get back unless someone beats me to it.

Often with IMDB I will get lines fed back in the list but you can tell that the parsing is off.

I would also LOVE (unless this can be done) a way to tightly integrate this entire process in a skin. Am I missing something with movies - can this be done with details and selections to pick from.

Thanks a million...
kolemieux

Postby rubbah on Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:22 am

that is most definetly a bug, i have been trying to figure it out, but no progress..
rubbah

Postby jowaldo on Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:38 pm

This happens every once in a while when the imdb changes something on thier site. Steven usually updates the spiders when this happens. I'll see if I can fix it, and if I do I'll post the new spider.
jowaldo

Postby kolemieux on Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:19 pm

Jowaldo - THANKS!!!!

Jowaldo - in your skinning experience, and with what power exists in Xlobby - have you managed to find any comprehensive way to keep these searches under the hood of a skin? It is not too much trouble to do within setup, but just curious.

Thanks again - I LOVE this feature - LOVE IT.
kolemieux

Postby jowaldo on Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:25 pm

you can download coverart from the skin... is that what you are asking about, or do you want to also get movie info, etc from the skin too?
jowaldo

Postby kolemieux on Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:39 pm

Correct - a skin that would grab the info (or way to do that) ..... then not to complicate matters (-; Perhaps have the fields displayed for editing. I know the variables and dbvariables give us a little more power in this arena. I think this would be super nice. A page for selecting, populating, and doing some DB edits on our movie catalogs. If I had a little nudge I would try like heck to do this on my own - just looking for some advice.

What u think Jowaldo ... kewl (-; Or too much? Many people like to edit genre's, and ratings for the kids, as well as personal rating. This could be done here.

jowaldo wrote:you can download coverart from the skin... is that what you are asking about, or do you want to also get movie info, etc from the skin too?
kolemieux

Postby jowaldo on Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:13 pm

yeah so far all you can do from the skin is download cover art, but that would be nice to get that other info from the skin too.. I'm just guessing, but I bet it wouldn't be hard for Steven to add, since all the framework for the cover downloading via the skin is already there.
jowaldo