carputer/xlobby/multizone audio

Help each other out

carputer/xlobby/multizone audio

Postby fredw on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:50 pm

i'm working on laying out a carputer, planing on using xlobbyfree, mircosoft maps and trips, and maybe a few other things . anywho i'd like to be able to have music playing out to one amp and maybe the voice prompts and possibly blue tooth for phone calls to a smaller amp. is this possible using a couple of usb2 sound cards ???

fred
fredw

Re: carputer/xlobby/multizone audio

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:23 am

If you can direct the different sound program outputs to either USB sound card, then you should be able to.

I say different sound program outputs as you would require 1 maybe two winamp instances...each one going to a USB sound device (setup the output plugin in each instance). Voice prompts and blue tooth for phone calls sounds as though you would have only the primary sound output path...which may go to the first USB device, or if there is on-board motherboard audio outputs. This is adjustable under Windows control panel though.

Most likely the most difficult thing with the project will be the integration of the volume between the different devices...such as automatically lowering the music volume when a phone call comes in, or GPS voice prompts.

Sounds like a cool project. Try and keep us informed of your progress, either here or through your own personal website.

Good luck.
Marbles_00

Re: carputer/xlobby/multizone audio

Postby fredw on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:09 pm

thanks marbles thats what i was hoping to hear

fred

p.s. i'll post more as i go along
fredw