What is the best Skin for a large touch screen.

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

What is the best Skin for a large touch screen.

Postby Rab1967 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:14 pm

I've been meaning to get into this product for a while and now that I have a gutsy 17" touch screen, I've decided to take a plunge and get into it big time.

First observation is that my cover art doesn't look to good on screen. Not surprising since it was mostly downloaded by either WMP or iTunes, with measly 240x240 pixel images.
I was hoping that some of you veteran's could give me a pointer on which SKIN is best for larger touch screens?
I've tried only a few (and had my problems getting these to work too, since I'm a newbie) but all of them so far, haven't looked good.
I can get around some of the issue at least in the main navigation pages by increasing the number of columns in the SKIN editor to reduce the size of the thumbnails.
However, On the playing now or the track selection screens, the cover art looks very crappy in it's blown up state.

Now I realise that when you start with crap images then, hey ho, you might have to live with that, but I thought maybe you guys have seen this before and could maybe suggest some automated utility to get good quality cover art and save me a lot of time on Amazon.... lol

Also, on a second point, if you are going to suggest a good SKIN for me, I'm mostly concerned about the Music player part. All the other stuff is not important for now, but I will be getting into that soon too, so I'll appologise for being a pest now.

.Rab fae Scotland
Rab1967

Re: What is the best Skin for a large touch screen.

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:04 am

Buddabing's skins or Grooby skins. Both of them have touchscreens so their skins are geared for that usage.
Marbles_00

Re: What is the best Skin for a large touch screen.

Postby billberet on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:54 am

my biggest is 15" touchscreen
i took the default skin and converted it to be more touchscreen friendly.
no matter what skin you use, you will be making alot of changes to fit your screen.

I have the HP touchsmart PC but i never put a client on it because i don't feel like redesigning another skin.
at least with all 15" screens, it's easy to populate changes across all the monitors.

i made all my own backgrounds, for higher res monitors, so they come out clean.
Best way would be to choose a skin that you like, then change a few things to make it look nicer on a larger screen.
billberet