XEvent plugin by Ptrinchi

Xlobby plugin development

Postby dgemily on Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:31 pm

Ptrinchi is looking at …

Since some days (with last xlobby2.exe), the plugin doesn’t work if you use a command via the eventmanager.
You can add an XEvent event, but when you will execute it via, for example, a button (like snooze button), the parameter will be not send to the trigger list and XAlarmClock.ini .

It was working before, so it should work later.
Don’t worry, I will post it, when the update will be done.
dgemily

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:24 pm

awesome, you guys are seriously awesome. I cant wait.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby ptrinchi on Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:43 pm

Some problems appear with the latest version of Xlobby (perhaps some function are not working as before :( )
I'm still checking for all the functions and post to steven if necessary...
ptrinchi

Postby kolemieux on Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:02 am

Guys - can a few of you just toss a bullet list of some ideas where I may want to inject this into my skin....... I am still trying to find the killer place and often everyone else has the idea which I am missing...

Just curious and thanks to all.
kolemieux

Postby dgemily on Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:59 pm

Image Update,

same link : http://www.france.xlobby.com/plugins/XEvent.zip

- bug fixed
- add variables: "every-hour" and "every-minute"

kolemieux,don't worry, you will see in next skins :wink:

thanx Ptinchi :lol:
dgemily

Postby QTips on Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:24 pm

I want a task that refresh weather every 15 minutes.
As I see it now I can either get it every hour or every minute
I tried to set every-hour and under minutes I choosed 15 but then it just updated weather 15 minutes over each hour.
Would it be possibel to make a event every(x)-minute ?
or maybe a looped delayed action?
QTips

Postby mattdisaster on Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:23 pm

I'de like that as well, I still cant figure out howto get it started. As for the plugin with the snooze button it looks and works great! Except 1 thing, once the snooze is turned on theres no way to turn it off. I mean it'll keep snoozing every 15 min or whatever I set it. Could we get a stop or delete entry put in the plugin? So if i hit stop itll turn off the alarm altogether and clear the snooze?

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby dgemily on Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:48 pm

Could we get a stop or delete entry put in the plugin?

That a good idea but I don't know if it's possible.. I think is just possible to delet the last entry, but you do not entry an other before....
but maybe Ptrinchi can do it.... :wink:
dgemily

Postby QTips on Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:28 pm

I can live with this solution,just added 4 events

2004 Every-month Every-day|Every-Hour:01|weather:refresh all
2004 Every-month Every-day|Every-Hour:15|weather:refresh all
2004 Every-month Every-day|Every-Hour:30|weather:refresh all
2004 Every-month Every-day|Every-Hour:45|weather:refresh all

But another problem is that when the event is executed,xlobby halts until update weather is complete
QTips

Postby ptrinchi on Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:13 pm

yes, I know, but when you execute this kind of event behind a button, xlobby halts too.
ptrinchi

Postby dgemily on Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:44 pm

update of this Plugin :
here it is : XEvent

I didn't have the time to post an english documentation, but may be yu can understand the french documentation using babel fish translation... :wink:

here is the french explication : http://forums.studio-biorythm.com/index.php?showtopic=933&view=findpost&p=10953

Later,
dgemily

Postby dgemily on Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:52 pm

it’s an example about what we can do with the XEvent plugin
Alarmclock function using XEvent
you can try it with this skin: maTVMCE_xevent.rar
here is the screen to configure your alarmclock, It’s in french but I think you can understand it. :wink:

On the top of the screen you have to select the day, month, year, hour and minute
then press "val. Alarme1" to validate you configuration for the alarm1…, to delete the configuration of the arlarm1 press “sup. Alarme 1”

When the Alarm1 start an overlay will be displayed with the buttons “snooze”, “arreter”= stop and “Quitter”=Exit.
The time for the snooze button is 10min, if you press the this button the alarm will be stoped and it will restart in 10 minutes..
if you want to change it, go to the event manager, open skin and the group "overlay_alarm1" or "overlay_alarm2" select the event snooze1 then the plugin command and replace
10|alarmclock:play alarm1|snooze1
by
5|alarmclock:play alarm1|snooze1

If you want 5 min more.

alarmclockfiles.rar
here is all my files that I used to integrate this application to the skin (screens, eventsgroup, database and the plugin)
you need to translate some words in the database .... :)

Later,
dgemily

Postby lar282 on Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:26 am

Hi guys
Is the source avaliable for this great plugin?

//Lasse
lar282

Problem with XEvent in xlobby2prerelease1 version (perhaps)

Postby rbziggy on Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:37 pm

I've just been trying to use xevent to trigger weather updates every hour as described previously.

I'm using the version noted above.

When I go into the event manager of setup, the plugin seems to be installed ok (Shows as V2.0 in the plugin section). I've added a new event in event manager and then called up the plugin commands (xlobby + Add Event and then put in the variable:

2005 Every-month Every-day|Every-Hour:01|xweather:refresh all forecasts

(I've tried other variable strings but the outcome below is the same)

If I then 'add' a 'command' file is then added to my new event (as I would expect) but... if you then click on the event the command section of the window shows 'xevent' and 'add event' but the variable section is blank. Additionally, nothing appears in the XAlarmClock.ini file (I understand that the variable string should appear).

Also if I hit 'test' on the command panel, I see a line appear in XAlarmClock.ini of: 'Add event'. Pressing 'test' just adds more such lines.

Stopping and restarting Xlobby has no effect on the above (I did wonder if the writing to the .ini file only occured on startup).

This behaviour doesn't seem to be what I'd anticipated. Not sure if I'm doing something dumb as this is my first experiment with xevent. But I'd like to get it working as moving onto full alarmclock type functionality is the aim.

Thanks
rbziggy

Postby edgley on Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:12 pm

Hi,

I am using it to try and auto-refresh my web cams.

I set a trigger up, everyday, every minute, webcam:refresh.

When I then go to create an event, choose plugin>xevent there isnt the trigger I have just made in the next drop down.

And when I do try to select the options that are there, XL crashes with the debug box.

Thanks.
edgley

PreviousNext