XLHotkeyPlugin

Xlobby plugin development

XLHotkeyPlugin

Postby az5 on Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:16 pm

Hi,
I uploaded a new plugin: XLHotkeyPlugin. It allows you to assign keys to buttons or events. Its functionality overlaps partially with the triggers of the events, partially (to a very small part) with girder and it adds some functions of its own. I yust wanted one place to assign keys (and I don't own girder).

The plugin can be downloaded at: http://www.xlobby.com/files/az5/XLHotkeyPlugin.zip.

Have fun!
Albert
az5

Postby QTips on Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:01 pm

wow..how could I miss this plugin

I just tried the testskin and it seems to work pretty nice.
This plugin should be a default part of xlobby :)
QTips

Postby hvs69 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:04 am

Hi az5,

I am having problem with your plugin.

Your example skin works great on my system. So I believe the installation should be ok.

However, the plugin refuses to work in my skin. I have added the startup event as per your readme. Everything is behaving normally as far as I can tell. I have assigned several hotkeys to buttons and external applications but they don't work at all !

I have created a cfg file to log errors (with keyword "error"). However, the log file is not recording any errors.

Please Help.
hvs69

Postby az5 on Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:03 am

Hi hv69,

could you please switch the logging to verbose (log="Verbose") and see if there is more information?

Thanks
Albert
az5

Postby hvs69 on Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:19 pm

Thanks az5 for your reply. I had been waiting for it.

I tried verbose earlier and I got a bunch of errors and if I remember it correctly, the first line in the log file said something along the lines of "verbose" not being a valid keyword or something. I, therefore, thought I was not doing something right.

Anyway, I will try to recreate the log file and post the data today evening. Thanks again for your help
hvs69

Postby hvs69 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:17 am

AZ5

Well I got the Verbose command to work and found out what the problem is but don't have a solution.

In my skin the plugin does not seem to initiate as per the log file below:
Code: Select all
XLHotkeyPlugin: Initializing Plugin XLHotkeyPlugin

No other activity happens until the Xlobby is closed. At that point I see following lines in the log file:
Code: Select all
XLHotkeyPlugin: Got plugin command close
XLHotkeyPlugin: Closing Plugin XLHotkeyPlugin
XLHotkeyPlugin: Disabling Hook

In your skin, however, I see a bunch of activity at startup. I am not sure why the enable event in the startup tree of my skin does not work, although it is same as your startup event.

FYI, I have no other startup event in my skin.
hvs69

Postby az5 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:17 pm

Hi hvs69

could you please check if you have assigned a startup trigger to the startup event? It looks as if the command enabled true isn't executed.

Albert
az5

Postby hvs69 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:28 pm

az5 wrote:Hi hvs69

could you please check if you have assigned a startup trigger to the startup event? It looks as if the command enabled true isn't executed.

Albert

Albert,

I have the XLHotkeyPlugin:Enabled:true in my startup folder. Is that what you are referring to when you say "trigger" ?

As you said, the enabled:true is not being executed in other skins (jowaldo, heavy metal, mine) except yours for some reason.

Can you think of any reasons why it would do this ?

Thanks for your help.
hvs69

Postby az5 on Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:02 pm

Hi hvs69,

XLHotkeyPlugin:Enabled:true would be the command. To check the trigger select the event that contains this command in the event manager, usually startup in the startup group. On the right side, just above the avaiable commands select the tab "Triggers". In the upper part of this tab, you see a tree, that contains the assigned triggers. If it doesn't contain an event with the child "startup", select in the tabs below, the tab "Event" and press the button "Startup".

Albert
az5

Postby hvs69 on Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:31 pm

Albert,

That fixed the problem. Many Thanks for your help.
hvs69

Postby Chazotta on Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:00 am

Hey Albert (or anyone else using this plugin), with this plugin are you able to trigger keyboard presses with buttons in Xlobby ? What I would like to do is to control another application with xlobby which uses keyboard shortcuts like CTRL + D. I dont use a keyboard to control xlobby or the computer. I use a tablet to control xlobby and I need the xlobby skin to be able to simulate a given keyboard press (combination of keys) when I select (press) a particular button within the xlobby skin. Is this possible ?
Chazotta