Anyone tried using Media Player Classic

Help each other out

Postby AtTheGates on Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:33 am

No problem. I've been working on my skin for most of the day and all this stuff is part of the learning process. It didn't take any extra time. Hope you can get it to work right.
AtTheGates

Postby RickRenn on Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:10 am

hey art...ok I have ram files working with winamp

If I start up winamp from my desktop I can play * example BBC6* with winamp

now if I go into the Xlobby radio file in Baddabings skin and just change the top parameter url with notepad to the BBC6 url

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/ram/dsatg2.ram

close, restart xlobby and try the first radio stn.... an autoupdate window for winamp pops up ...I then minimize xlobby to check out whats on the now playing winamp screen and it shows "dstag2"

could you try out this url for me and see if the same thing shows.

Thnx Rick
RickRenn

Postby art on Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:02 pm

Hey Rick,
It looks like the best (at least for me) way to play ram files is form my hard drive. So, with the link that you posted, just save this file to the HD and in the database point to it. Ex:
If your xlobby is installed in "c:\Program Files\Xlobby" then
save "dsatg2.ram" to "c:\Program Files\Xlobby\skins\heavymetal\radio\"
and in the the database change parameter to:
<parameter>c:\Program Files\Xlobby\skins\heavymetal\radio\dsatg2.ram</parameter>

In the database that BaddaBing provided parameters are set like so:
<parameter>c:\Program Files\winamp\winamp.exe http://stream </parameter>
this part in bold is no longer needed. When I was first creating this database I was using older ver of winamp and for some reason I had to point to the winamp in order to get it to work but with winamp503c only url or path to the ram file will do.

Let me know......
art

Postby RickRenn on Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:25 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

art... I changed the database as you explained....and....

I Actually have BBC6 playing in XLobbby through winamp ...

LOL!!...I'm all GIDDY!!!!

*update*

Figured out how to add to the radio station database through F2...it seems to be working ...winamp is playing all the ram files.... I did run into a snare..for some reason when trying to play ram files through winamp from the RADIO PAGE the ram file would drop my nforce2 wave volume to zero.. in other words no sound...I seemed to have fixed this by opening the original Xlobby skins internet radio station playlist in the root folder which when in Xlobby is found on the MUSIC PAGE ...added the ram files to the WinAmp playlist saved it...reopened Xlobby
and for some reason it works now..no volume problems...I'm sure theres a proper way of doing it....

Hey ..If I can figure a little Xlobby problem out...anybody can :lol:

Thanks Again Everybody for Helping me out

Rick
RickRenn

Previous