TVMan: TV Episode Database Importer

Xlobby plugin development

Postby Jarrod on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:32 am

I think there is a bug with the rescan if you do the same scan without closing and restarting TVMan. For now, once you finish a scan, to do a partial scan you must close the app and open it again.

I will fix that for next release.
Jarrod

Postby Necro on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:50 am

Ok..it seems to be working fine with this second scan.

One thing...this isnt your issue I dont think, but I setup a category/catelog/whatever and it works fine for items that have 2+ seasons...for items that only have one season...it doesn't go down to the season level or anywhere. Selecting that show name does nothing...
Edit: Ok, the above is a bug in the newer version of XL. Fixed that by reverting back.

Totally unrelated, even more then above, I can't get the XlobbyMC skin to work right with this plugin - mostly just getting a remote control screen functioning...I posted over there and if I learn anything I'll let people know.

Two other ideas I had were:
- Strip off episode numbers at the begining of the episode titles (for series not really numbered by season, instead by 'total episodes'.). This is just for looks really.
- Have the option to include or not include missing episodes from the database. I would prefer not to list all missing episodes - again, for looks.

Great GREAT app though. This really is a much needed plugin/application.
Necro

Postby Jarrod on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:24 am

Necro wrote:- Have the option to include or not include missing episodes from the database. I would prefer not to list all missing episodes - again, for looks.

You can do this by removing episodes from the list when it shows the episode listing form. Any episode you dont want in the database, simply remove it. The reason it shows them in the first place is incase of file naming where you might have the actual episode but the regex didnt find it by name, so it allows you to move episodes around, etc.

If thats not what you meant, feel free to elaborate further :)

Necro wrote:This really is a much needed plugin/application.

Tell me about it!! Makes my HTPC much more useful :)
Jarrod

Postby Necro on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:52 am

Jarrod wrote:
Necro wrote:- Have the option to include or not include missing episodes from the database. I would prefer not to list all missing episodes - again, for looks.

You can do this by removing episodes from the list when it shows the episode listing form. Any episode you dont want in the database, simply remove it. The reason it shows them in the first place is incase of file naming where you might have the actual episode but the regex didnt find it by name, so it allows you to move episodes around, etc.

If thats not what you meant, feel free to elaborate further :)

That's kind of what I meant...the issue being - when I do a rescan for new episodes they are going to get popped back into the list.

Oh, the other thing that would be great is an 'automated scan' where new episodes were added in. So...you can run 'tvman -getnew' and it would add in new episodes based upon what folder they are in/numbering of the ones in there already.

Just so...say...if someone were to have an automated RSS torrent program downloading tv shows to a directory then TVMAn could rescan everynight to update the database.

If someone were doing that that is.
:twisted:
Necro

Postby cinOxen on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:14 am

Jarrod wrote:cinOxen: If the scan finds any files that arent in the tv.xml, it will prompt to add it. This is so that any new eps in a season can be added to the database as you download them. The only way around it would be to delete/move the file you dont want to be included.

Ahh thanks. Sorry I made you type that twice, I see it now on the release notes. It's working perfectly now.
cinOxen

Postby Necro on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:43 am

Ok, heres something. If show/series info is downloaded, but the show had to chosen from a list it seems you always have to select that show name from a list. Maybe storing an actual name, or an associated HTML/series ID number might make this avoidable? This is even if there isn't a new show/file.
Necro

Postby Jarrod on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:47 am

Yeah I noticed that in my testing. I will definately add that to next release.

Wont be a while til next release tho, very busy at the moment!
Jarrod

Postby szsori on Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:05 pm

Jarrod wrote:Thanks for the http://banners.fluxxx.net link - I will use that for downloading all images as it seems to be very well maintained.

T0fflus' banner site (the one you linked to) was transferred to my site (http://tvdb.zsori.com). All of the banner creators are now uploading their banners to my site since it's the one the meeTVshows database is working off of. This was done fully with T0fflus' support and assistance.

The interfaces for accessing my database information, including the GetBanners interface, is available here: http://tvdb.zsori.com/?tab=xml. Please don't hammer the interfaces... follow the guidelines explained on the interface specifications page. It's a little more complicated for the coding, but it greatly reduces CPU and bandwidth requirements while keeping the client-side information much more up to date.

If you have any questions, let me know.
szsori

Postby The Lynx on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:49 pm

Thanks for your job, its really amazing ;)
The Lynx

Postby Necro on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:47 pm

This app seems to be working great for me. Add in a automatic updater and you have the perfect Xlobby add on.
Necro

Re: NEW VERSION - v0.3

Postby Myth on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:36 am

Jarrod wrote:New version uploaded - Version 0.3

How should this 'still images' information be added? Anyone want to walk me through their thoughts on what options would be needed?

Sorry , I missed this earlier.
Code: Select all
 <item>
   <parameter>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA S1\Battlestar Galactica S1E01\Battlestar Galactica S1E01 - Miniseries - part 1.avi</parameter>
   <coverart>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA S1\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA S1E01\Battlestar Galactica S1E01-front.jpg</coverart>
   <display>Battlestar Galactica S1E01</display>
   <type>movie</type>
   <information>
    <name>Battlestar Galactica S1E01</name>
    <title>Battlestar Galactica S1E01</title>
    <sorttitle>Battlestar Galactica S1E01</sorttitle>
    <date>12/8/2003</date>
    <writer>Ronald D. Moore, Christopher Eric James</writer>
    <director>Michael Rymer</director>
    <actors>Tricia Helfer (Number 6), Jamie Bamber (Captain Lee &apos;Apollo&apos; Adama),Katee Sackhoff (Lieutenant Kara &apos;Starbuck&apos; Thrace)<actors>
    <plot>s1e01. Battlestar Galactica (2003 Miniseries) - Part 1

Forty years after the end of the Cylon War, the artificially created Cylons declare war on humanity by attacking and destroying all of their twelve colonies. .......</plot>
   </information>
   <stills>    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image1.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image10.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image11.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image12.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image2.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image3.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image4.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image5.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image6.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image7.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image8.jpg</still>
    <still>G:\DIVX_TV_SERIES\BATTLESTAR GALACTICA\stills\Image9.jpg</still>
</stills>
   </item>

This is how my stills are added to each episode. Unfortunately, they have to be added to each episde, as unlike items that go between the information tags, like actors or plot etc, the stills do not flow down to sub-items.

Hope this helps. If not let me know and I'll try to explain better
thanks ( great job on this program!)
Myth
Myth

Postby Russell on Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:53 pm

What are you using to convert your vob files to avi,mpeg or whatever you are using. Also what resolution are you using.

I know I need question marks, i am lazy.

With the 1.2TB already used for movies, i don't want to build another 1TB server for TV shows yet.
Russell

Postby dalanik on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:02 pm

Hello,

Since I have more and more TV shows, decided to try out your app... it is hard to enter info for series in Ant, which works well for movies, but for TV shows with many episodes is real horror :-)

Anyway, bumped into 2 problems, wonder if anyone can help:

* this is probably my fault, but my naming convention is

"showname - SXX_EXX - episodename"

and this fails to read in the info correctly for some items. Ie, in Yu-ghi-oh, i get all episoded except 8 and 9 which is weird... once I remove the leading show name, it finds them correctly. these 2 episodes are avi as all other and I see no difference why it would ignore these 2 only.

Sometimes it can't pair the episodes, and I have to do it manualy, which is OK. But when I move manualy all the episode files to match the episodes list, there remains several empty lines in the list, and if I don't click them all "delete file" it just creates empty items in the database.

* when it creates the database, and I put it insode XLobby, i can't open the show. I see show, but when I press enter to open the season/episodes, nothing happens. I exrperimented with only 1 show, dunno if that could be it? On which level is the info-screen used? I suppose on last, episode level? (i.e. I click open show, i click open season, i click open episode -> then it goes to info screen)

Any clues?

D.
dalanik

Postby dalanik on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:31 pm

OK, managed to get it working when I added another show with 2 seasons.

my 1st try was yu-ghi-oh only 1 season, and that one didn't work at all.

when I added 2 seasons of alias, it sortof works with alias, is able to display and open show>season>episodes but it still refuses to open yu-ghi-oh with only 1 season?

D>
dalanik

Postby cinOxen on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:09 am

dalanik wrote:OK, managed to get it working when I added another show with 2 seasons.

my 1st try was yu-ghi-oh only 1 season, and that one didn't work at all.

This is inherent in xlobby but will hopefully be changed in the future. See here. At this point you need to add in a dummy item to the database.
cinOxen

PreviousNext