DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby sharp_1 on Mon May 01, 2006 1:38 am

Colby:
Working on TV guide...wondering if this looks about right???
sharp_1

Postby Colby on Mon May 01, 2006 2:02 am

sharp what do you mean?
Colby

Postby sharp_1 on Mon May 01, 2006 2:07 am

I guess I'm not on the right track. Wanted to know if this is how your TV screen looks??
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Mon May 01, 2006 9:56 pm

Colby:
What are you using for a your TV setup?...I am trying to figure this module out with very limited success. The screen shot above is all I have been able to do so far and its not working very well. I have installed K!Tv along with the xmltv plugin. K!Tv doesn't label the channels at all. I have a cheap ATI wonder VE tuner card which I think may be my problem?

I think I might be asking about this in the wrong forum???
sharp_1

Postby Colby on Mon May 01, 2006 10:16 pm

I dont currently do tv through xlobby. But in the past, I used winamp_tv plugin, by brainov (sp?). I created a database of channels, coverart was the station ID logo (I can give you if you want). I used xmltv plugin for programing. and xmovewindow plugin for inscreen playback. Until I get my HDtv card I wont be updating my tv section. sorry
Colby

Postby sharp_1 on Mon May 01, 2006 11:12 pm

If you could send your database if channels that would be great...just so I can get an idea of my options. Thanks
sharp_1

Postby a06lp on Mon May 01, 2006 11:25 pm

#1:
I've been working on customizing the password overlay in your screen.
I modified the music search screen, since it has alphanumeric keys on it.
I want to be able to type the password using the keyboard (in addition to clicking the buttons on the screen with the mouse/remote).

Here's the password screen I've 'made' so far: Download (pw: 100).

#2:
Enter the music screen. Use the keyboard instead of the mouse (move arrows to find album, press Enter to select; when album-overlay comes up, choose track by pressing Enter.)

Instead of playing the correct song, it plays the first track in the database.

When using the mouse (clicking track to play) it works fine - this error is only when using the keyboard.

Thanks so much!
a06lp

Postby Colby on Tue May 02, 2006 12:26 am

#1 did you first correct the all caps thing about the password? Also I dont know that the keyboard can button input. You may need girder, I dunno.

#2 The reason its doing this is because the enter is executeing the music category underneath. Again I dont know that keyboard can interpert overlays.

p.s. my skin was designed for touchscreens. and remote
Colby

Postby a06lp on Tue May 02, 2006 1:31 pm

Colby wrote:#1 did you first correct the all caps thing about the password? Also I dont know that the keyboard can button input. You may need girder, I dunno.

Yes, the caps thing worked.
As for the keyboard input thing - what I did was modify the search screen. The search screen DOES accept keyboard input, but it isn't working for my pw screen posted above.
I was hoping you could look at it and see if I'm missing something?

Colby wrote:#2 The reason its doing this is because the enter is executeing the music category underneath. Again I dont know that keyboard can interpert overlays.

As I said above, it works on the search screen of your skin.
If enter is the execute button, then what is the button for selecting the album to get into the tracks?

Thanks for your help
a06lp

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue May 02, 2006 5:29 pm

Hey Colby,

Not sure if you already found the answer, but you inquired about zoning information on April 17 of this post.

%zone>current% - will give you the current zone selected. All winamp/foobar control will be for that particular instance of winamp (foobar).

zone>#>image - (without strings before or after) where the '#' is the number of the zone, will give you the album cover images for each zone.

%zone>#>status% - where '#' is the number of the zone, will give you all the album information within the zone. This includes album, artist, title, genre, year (I think), time elapsed/ total time.

Looking forward to trying out your updated skin with zoning included (I liked the 3D house image).

Hope this was helpful.

David
Marbles_00

Postby bkilburn on Tue May 02, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi i am using your skin but not for a touchscreen although i don't think that matters. I don't really understand how to use snaptrack. if you create a "playlist" by selecting a number of tracks or albums and it goes onto 2 or more pages, the snaptrack button doesn't seem to make the "page" change say from 1 to 2 as the ist track on page 2 starts playing. Am I misunderstanding how it operates here?

Barry
bkilburn

Postby Colby on Tue May 02, 2006 10:08 pm

a06lp, I think the reason the password thing isnt working is because the overlay isnt an abc overlay. Simple fix.
Enter executes both music, and musicdetails selector. Is it not doing that for you?

Marbles_00, Thanks for the variables, i figured a couple out, but that is helpful, I dont know when I will finish zoning, although I plan on it.

bkilburn, Snaptrack should change the music category to the current playing song. Does it not? I think the playlist should also change now too. It was just added recently. I remember reading about snaptracks and playlist, I thought steven fixed it.
Colby

Postby a06lp on Tue May 02, 2006 10:35 pm

Colby wrote:a06lp, I think the reason the password thing isnt working is because the overlay isnt an abc overlay. Simple fix.

Ok, sounds simple enough... except I'm not sure what an abc overlay is, and how to make my pw screen into one. Could you please explain how?

Colby wrote:Enter executes both music, and musicdetails selector. Is it not doing that for you?

It does both, thats the problem. Mouse only opens musicdetails, whereas enter does both music & musicdetails. I want to make enter act as mouseclick.

thanks again!
a06lp

Postby jlcrawford on Fri May 05, 2006 6:38 pm

Marbles
thanks for the texts I now have the current zone showing on both the Music page and also the Zone page.
I would love to know how to work out the syntax for this as I am such a hick when it comes to the "programming?" side of things.
I also would like to get the word "paused" to change to playing or paused depending on the state of the pause button - is it something to do with toggling?
I have made a couple of changes to this great skin and perhaps if each skin was given its own group more people could post their adapted skins-still giving credit to the person who did the real work of course(cheers Colby) thus sharing the improvements -I have 5 zones of audio working and would be happy to share- especially as I want to do so much more with such little actual knowledge.
thanks again -
jlcrawford

Postby jlcrawford on Fri May 05, 2006 9:10 pm

I managed to sort out the thumbnails issue I had in photos- I deleted and reinstalled the database.
Cheers
jlcrawford

PreviousNext