Xlobby Error

Help each other out

Xlobby Error

Postby edbag4 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:49 pm

Hello,
It has been a long time since I have been to this site. I have used Xlobby for quite a few years now without issue. When I tried to load Xlobby last it came up with this error and would not load:

Process id=0xf38 (3896), Thread id=0xe0 (224)

Can anyone tell me what I can do to rectify this? Any assistance is appreciated.

Best Reagrds,
Ed
edbag4

Re: Xlobby Error

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:15 pm

What part of the splash did it halt at?

Usually it will crash if there is a corrupted database or xmltv.xml file. If the crashes occured around when loading a database, then verify using your internet browser that the database is indeed valid (if it opens in the browser without issue, then it is good). Do this for all your databases.

If it crashes during the loading of xmltv.xml file (or equivalent EPG file), then there is a problem with that xml file. I'm using the new mc2xml EPG data collector, and if I don't define my channel list, it will download and create a whopping 90meg+ xmltv.xml file, which usually will crash xlobby during startup.

Sometime the xlobby.xml file gets corrupted. Usually, deleting that file and let xlobby rebuild a new on helps (you most likely will have to go into F2/setup, and configure your setup again.

A plugin .dll may have become corrupted. If the splash crashes during the loading of Plugins, then you can verify which one by removing all and replace one at a time.

Those are the usual issues as to why xlobby won't load. Especially after a lengthy time of use and you haven't modified it. There really is no reason for it not to load.

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby edbag4 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Thanks for the reply Marbles, it is appreciated.

I deleted the xlobby.xml file and that allowed the splash screen to come up. Now the (default) splash screen reads "Buttons" and then "IR" and freezes. I looked at the IR files under Xlobby but don't know which if any to delete.

Thanks,
Ed
edbag4

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:10 pm

It may not be those files, after IR, the next thing to load are plugins. Remove all your plugins from the plugins list, see if it starts, then add one by one each one back in...restarting xlobby in between and see if one stops xlobby from loading. Then hopefully that is the plugin to replace (or an .xml or .ini file if the plugin uses those).
Marbles_00

Postby edbag4 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:33 pm

Thanks Marbles. The issue was the IR files in addition to the xlobby.xml file , I deleted the IR directory and Xlobby loaded. Now all I have to do is try to remember how to set it all back up. It has been a while since I messed with it so this should be fun :lol: .

Thanks for the help in getting me up and running again.

Best,
Ed
edbag4

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Interesting, never heard of the IR xml's going corrupt. Did you recently create one? From what I know, there are three default ones: (c)_c_c_c.xml, (receiver)_technics_receiver_sa-ex320.xml, and (xlobby)_xlobby_xlobby_xlobby.xml .

If you want, I can post the files here so you can retry them. They go under xlobby/ir/codes.

Glad you got it working though.

*EDIT*
Added the files anyways.
Attachments
(xlobby)_xlobby_xlobby_xlobby.xml
ditto x2
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
(receiver)_technics_receiver_sa-ex320.xml
ditto
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
(c)_c_c_c.xml
added for the sake of adding it
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Marbles_00

Postby edbag4 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:41 pm

No, I haven't messed with the setup of Xlobby for quite a while now, other than adding music or movies. I don't use the IR for anything.
Getting it set back up was not an issue, most of the info remained, oddly enough, the only thing I had to plug back in was the location of my Foobar executable.

You don't really miss some things until they are gone. I was playing music in my HT last night using the foorbar interface, no thanks.

Thanks again Marbles, you saved me many headaches.

Best,
Ed
edbag4