DVD Profiler to Xlobby Import Utility

Xlobby plugin development

Re: DVD Profiler to Xlobby Import Utility

Postby thekochs on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:21 pm

sharp_1 wrote:I got the utility to work again. I hate it when its something so simple...I deleted the dxc2.ini and confirmed the setup was what I wanted and ran it again (new .ini file is created automatically)...it works!!!

Something must have gotten into my .ini and corrupted the file, the only thing I can think of was that I was playing with the note field trying to use it as a path for my online movies. I guess that didn't work.

Is this the version you are using ? 2.0.2716.23754 RC1
Any issues with funny block characters from the import ?

Great to hear............cmhardwick answered on previous page.......about setup item #3. Guess it doesn't matter but out of curiosity I'm still wondering why current XLobby Collection Database is needed...item #3 below ? As cmhardwick said it may because of thought for update not full import. I hate that I'm so curious to know. :(

SETUP MENU 2.0.2716.23754 RC1
DVD Profiler Database
C:\collection.xml
Got this....it's your Profiler 3.x export XML
DVD Profiler Image Library
C:\Documents and Settings\{name}\My Documents\DVD Profiler\Databases\Default\Images\
Got this....it's your Profiler 3.x default install location for images
XLobby Collection Database (used for input)
C:\Program Files\xlobby\databases\movies.xml
What the heck is this for ?.....why does it need your current XL FREE XML ?

XLobby Collection Database (used for output)
C:\Program Files\xlobby\databases\movies_dxc.xml
Undertand this is the converted XL FREE XML database. You rename it to movies.xml or point to it in XL FREE F2 and Refresh
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:26 pm

originally the notes were supposed to import movie parameter if you setup dxcparameter="movie path". I too tried this, no go.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:29 pm

cmhardwick wrote:originally the notes were supposed to import movie parameter if you setup dxcparameter="movie path". I too tried this, no go.

OK, so sounds like it is ignored but you have to have a valid path/name to your XL movies.xml file ?
thekochs

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:11 pm

thekochs wrote:Is this the version you are using ? 2.0.2716.23754 RC1

Yes

thekochs wrote:Any issues with funny block characters from the import ?

No funny business here.

thekochs wrote:XLobby Collection Database (used for input)
C:\Program Files\xlobby\databases\movies.xml
What the heck is this for ?.....why does it need your current XL FREE XML ?

XLobby Collection Database (used for output)
C:\Program Files\xlobby\databases\movies_dxc.xml
Undertand this is the converted XL FREE XML database. You rename it to movies.xml or point to it in XL FREE F2 and Refresh

No need for the movies.xml data anymore...jovial_moods got it grayed out for a reason in setup.

I am currently using a DVD Megachanger from my movies storage but I was trying to test to see whether I would be able to use the notes field in DVD pro 3.x and convert with the utility to see of that would work...guess I'll try some other ideas before I say it can't be done.

Oh yeah, forgot to say...I converted everything into my default movies.xml instead of creating a separate movies_dxc.xml.
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:23 pm

Well I just tried it again and it works.

Utility conversion works when entering movie path into notes field of DVDpro3.x. If you enter the path name of your online movie (i.e. V:\My DVD Work\MOVIE_NAME) you should be able to play in zoomplayer pro from xl.
sharp_1

Postby thekochs on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:58 pm

sharp_1 wrote: Oh yeah, forgot to say...I converted everything into my default movies.xml instead of creating a separate movies_dxc.xml.

I was wondering if this would work ? If you put this as movies.xml in setup it will overwrite the current one ? This is what I'd want so wanted to make sure.
thekochs

Postby thekochs on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:52 pm

I tried the utility and it works great. The only thing I noticed is that the sort order is not correct...I have to go into Edit DB to sort.

Also, I noticed that in Databases both movies.xml and movies_dxc.xml come up....nice. Question, what would be the easiest way to tell XL FREE to point to movies.xml vs. movies_dxc.xml ? I only ask in order to flip back and forth and see differences. Example, looks like in DXC coversion alot of other information (like rating, audio, etc.) is showing up in my movie plot screen. With Tom Gaines convert util then XL FREE import it looks correct. Would like to jump back-n-forth quickly between the XMLs to compare. Suggestions ?
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:56 pm

you'd need to change the database the category points to. Not sure if this can be done via an event or not.

jovial's util is supposed to import sorttitle, but it apparently isn't, so it's sorting on display, which means every movie starting with THE is sorted together.
Someone suggest that in DVD-Profiler, you can sort your database by sorttitle then renumber the collection. After that, export, run jovial's utility and set the sort order to collection number, which is imported.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:56 pm

cmhardwick wrote:you'd need to change the database the category points to. Not sure if this can be done via an event or not.

jovial's util is supposed to import sorttitle, but it apparently isn't, so it's sorting on display, which means every movie starting with THE is sorted together.
Someone suggest that in DVD-Profiler, you can sort your database by sorttitle then renumber the collection. After that, export, run jovial's utility and set the sort order to collection number, which is imported.

I also noticed that all the movies from this util vs. Tom Gaines are marked offline. My movies all reside on HDD...does offline vs. online flag matter ?

OK...sorry for dumb question.....when in Skin Edtor (PAUSE/BREAK) what is the key(s) that save your edits ?
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:04 am

offline means the movie has to be played from a DVD (not on the drive), so it won't go to the movie player
to save, either go to another screen or click on xlobby (so the focus is there and not the editor) and hit CTRL-S (not a dumb question, i had to ask that too along time ago)
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:21 am

cmhardwick wrote:offline means the movie has to be played from a DVD (not on the drive), so it won't go to the movie player
to save, either go to another screen or click on xlobby (so the focus is there and not the editor)............

Figured it out...if you go into DXC setup and go to select items and uncheck offline they all come in as online. The only thing stated before you have to go into Edit DB in XL FREE and hit sort. You know, I'm almost 100% over to XL PL 7 but I'd say that either Tom Gaines util or just moving movies.xml after XL PL 7 to XL FREE is best way....probably the latter is the simpliest but if there is folks out there with expiring XL PL 7 then use Tom Gaines util.....by the way now at version 1.5.0 which fixes items cmhardwick pointed out.
Download: http://www.tom-gaines.de/
Forum: http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task ... =0#M454539
thekochs

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:16 pm

cmhardwick wrote:originally the notes were supposed to import movie parameter if you setup dxcparameter="movie path". I too tried this, no go.

cmhardwick:

How are you handling the now broken dxcparameter="movie path" issue? Is there another solution?

I did notice that there are check boxes for notes and parameter in the setup in the dxc utility so it looks like jovial_mood is handling them both separately...now if we could just find where the dxc utility is pulling the parameter field from in dvd profiler3 ???
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:05 pm

sharp_1 wrote:jovial_mood:

Wondering if it would be possible to create some way of creating a .bat that would allow the utility to run an update/refresh from within xLobby?

After playing around with jovials utiltiy and finding jovials built-in command line parameters I was able to figure out a way to automate the database update/refresh process.

Now when I press the refresh family movie database button the dxc utility runs then xl refreshes and sorts the database automatically.

Command line parameters:

Here is how I set my movie data refresh event up:

I am still looking for a way to get the online file parameter to work again???
sharp_1

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:24 pm

sharp_1 wrote:

cmhardwick:

How are you handling the now broken dxcparameter="movie path" issue? Is there another solution?

my solution is I don't use this utility at all. I import into the new xLobby and copy the file if I need it in free version. The only reason currently I still use the free version on my HTPC is that I cannot get the internal movie player to launch from the thin client. Steven is aware of this and looking into it because he's fairly sure they were doing this on their setup at the trade show (not EHX, the prior one, can't remember the name).
cmhardwick

Postby jovial_mood on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:39 pm

For anyone who's still using this utility I've uploaded a new version.

v2.0 RC2 (14 January 2008) http://www.jovialmood.st/files/dxc/dxc2_080114_rc2.rar (76k)
or
v2.0 RC2 (14 January 2008) http://www.jovialmood.st/files/dxc/dxc2_080114_rc2.zip (87k)

DXC Import Utility Version History

--------------------------------------------------------------------
v2.0.2935.37190 RC2, 14 January 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------

- The option to read parameters from 'Notes' reintroduced

- DXCParameter now also reads parameter from 'Disc Location'

- DXC does no longer check for Xlobby input file

- Added option to sort output

- Fixed DXC failing to import 'SortTitle'

- File search function added

The utility is tested using DVD Profiler v3.1.1 (Build 1171) and XLobby 2.0 Alpha v1.0.2407.42122.

Install instructions:
- Unrar dxc2_080114_rc2.rar or unzip dxc2_080114_rc2.zip to preferred directory
- Run dxc2.exe

The file dxc2.ini holds all DXC settings. It will automatically be created when dxc2.exe is run. This version also creates a directory named dxc_cache which holds cache files used by the new file search function.

To reset all DXC settings, delete the file dxc2.ini and the directory dxc_cache (both in DXC application's folder). To uninstall the utility, delete the files dxc2.exe, dxc2.ini and directory dxc_cache.
jovial_mood

PreviousNext