new event: category set field

Got an idea, post it here

Postby gamejester on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:27 pm

Hi Mark, and welcome to the world of Xlobby.

The XiVo skin is mine, but it is not quite ready for general release yet, I am just waiting for Steve (xlobby programmer) to fix 1 final issue for me to do with sort orders ascending/descending.

As for marking movies as offline/online, there is a built in item for this and xlobby scans your hard drive on import or refresh and changes this flag automatically, you can see the results in my skin on the DVD page.

The DVD in the corder of some cases is an overlay which shows the film is offline.

The trouble is I use the offline/online flag o also specify the watched status due to its overlay, that is how I show the coloured balls in the first screen shot; so currently I have not found a way to combine the two.

I have however implemented an import date field, which when combined with the new sort order methods, will produce 1 view with all your newest items first, then filtered views sorted some other way, say by episode number.
gamejester

Postby jowaldo on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:41 pm

lol I've been working on a skin with the same name too, and the same basic style.. Yours looks a lot nicer than mine tho!
jowaldo

Postby gamejester on Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:36 am

Well I will post it any day now so you can try it and see what you think.
Has a lot of custom actions as the focus on the skin is around playing TV series stuff, either taken from Tivo using EtiVoWeb or from the internet in the name format:

showName - showEP - showTitle - showDate.avi

ie.

Stargate - 8x12 - whatever - 20050208

I use antRenammer to clean up the name to the correct format and append today’s date to the end before import.

Steve almost cracked the ascending/descending sort order for me and once he has I will post. This will then give a nice view with all your recent TV at the top (like Tivo) and coloured balls showing which shows you have seen, etc....

I will appreciate help/suggestions on some of the other pieces I have spent less time on once it’s out there, like music, weather, games......stuck on good layouts + functionality.

I am also keen to make it more generic like you have jowaldo with custom setup options for the user to change colour styles, aspect, etc..... I have done some work on this and have 10 other colour themes and played with scripts to re-write the pages xml on the fly resetting button positions for 4:3 or 16:9.

First release will be 1280x720 in purple, ‘cos that what I use on my projector.
gamejester

Previous