Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby edgley on Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:34 am

Hi Jowaldo,

Thanks for taking the time to help.

I have downloaded and installed Cdex in the installers default place.

Do I need to install it in the plugins folder?

Under f2>plugins, there is no mention of it.

s.
edgley

Postby jowaldo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:46 pm

weird... I couldn't find the cdex.dll plugin anywhere in the available downloads... so I just zipped it up and here it is.

http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/CDEX.zip

Unzip these two files to your xlobby/plugins folder

That dll is the xlobby plugin that controls the cdex cd ripping app.

After you copy it there, start up xlobby, and you should be able to see it under f2>plugins
jowaldo

Postby edgley on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:20 pm

thanks

Sorry to bother again, but...

When I try to query for track listing, I get an error saying invalide email address, even though when I go into the programme it is okay, and the track listing is present.
I did try adding my email address as a variable under the CDDB command but with no luck.

Any ideas please?
edgley

Postby jowaldo on Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:56 am

edgley wrote:thanks

Sorry to bother again, but...

When I try to query for track listing, I get an error saying invalide email address, even though when I go into the programme it is okay, and the track listing is present.
I did try adding my email address as a variable under the CDDB command but with no luck.

Any ideas please?

hmm did you start cdex by itself and set an email address under its config?
jowaldo

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:02 pm

Hey Jowaldo, I cant get teh download link to work any ideas? You could email it to me if you cant host it anymore. I really need this for the carpc going in this weekend! mailto:mattnorman@gmail.com thanks so much!

-matt
mattdisaster

Re: Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

Postby Carlos Delgado on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:19 am

jowaldo

I have a question regarding you skin:

I want to be able to go directly to the movieviewer Skin screen:

When I use your SKIN I search for a movie the box on the right shows the movie list, I select Rocky and after selecting Rocky it goes to another screen that shows the Cover art in the uper left corner, when I slect it.

It goes to another SKIN screen that you call movieviewer. What I want to be able to do is bypass the Cover ART Screen and go directly to the movieviewer Screen can this be done and if so how?

Thanks

jowaldo wrote:Edit - here is an updated link to my skin that is made to work with the resource manager
http://members.cox.net/xlobby/jowaldo-beta3test.zip

Well its been quite a while since I posted the first copy of my skin. I haven't had near as much time to work on it as I thought I would, but I finally feel comfortable posting the newer version of it.

The main thing I was unhappy about with the first beta was that all the text buttons had the text embedded into the image. Now with the new outline feature (as you can see I use a lot) for text, now no buttons have text embedded on them, but I kept the same look as before. Even the orange buttons on the main screen don't have the little icons on the left of them attached. They just are basically sitting on top of the buttons.

Also I had quite a few images for backgrounds, but that left very little flexibility in the skin. So now with the non-rounded egde (or "normal rectangles") none of the screens have images for the backgrounds. They are all made of resizeable shapes so its super easy to customize. Even the popup overlays are 100% made of shapes.

I also made quite a few new buttons... too many to list. ;)

Most of the ppc screens are pretty much finished. There are a few little tweaks still needed for some of them.

A new big section is the "control" pages, for controlling devices with the usb-uirt, or girder, or whatever you want. There are also similar pages for the ppc. Just click on the remote icon at the bottom of the main screen to get to them.

Autoplay screens are also included for cd and dvd, but you will need to go into the setup screen and associate the pages with the autoplay event.

The weather screen have been updated to use the new weather plugin, and the images for it need to be downloaded separately and unzipped to the /plugins/xweather/images folder. You can download the ones I use here if you want:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5215175/

I made a real basic games screen and a waaaay more basic music videos screen, which is still kind of a work in progress.

Oh and for 16x9 users this skin may take a bit of tweaking since I haven't tested it much for those resolutions. For the next beta hopefully I will fix all the tags on the background shapes so they strech accordingly.

I'm sure I forgot to mention a few other things, but here it is, please let me know of any bugs or things I could do to improve it, or just anything you like about it.

http://members.cox.net/xlobby/jowaldobeta2.zip

Also please post any requests you may still have :)[/b]
Carlos Delgado

Postby samsonlov on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:34 am

Hey Carlos,

You are replying to a post that was made by Jowaldo 5 1/2 years ago.

according to his profile, the last time he was "logged-in" where he allowed the system to see him was in April of this year. (about 4 months ago)

To answer your question:
What you want to do is change the category event to be the same as the event that is assigned to the "play" button on the "preview" screen.

I don't have the skin, and I haven't used freelobby for a number of years, but if you open the skin-editor and go to the "preview" screen and take a look at the event tied to the play button, and then make that event your category event, that should solve your problem - though you might also have to change the properties of the category so that clicking doesn't display the "info screen" which in this case is called "movieviewer" - look in the properties of the movies category and where you see "movieviewer" just delete it.

(Make a backup of your entire xlobby folder before you try any of this, so that it will be super easy and fast to go back to a "working" copy of your xlobby setup.)

I hope this helps,
Samson
:)
samsonlov

Postby Carlos Delgado on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:11 pm

samsonlov

I have attached the original Question below.

You responded to my question as stated below a while ago and I am still not getting how to do this, would it be easier to send me a step by step instructions what you want me to do.

I can not find anything that says properties on it to select for the catagory, maybe I can e-mail you the skin I am working on that might be better to show you then trying to explain it.

Thanks

Carlos D.

ORIGINAL QUESTION: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:19 pm _______________________________________________________________________________________________

I have a question regarding you skin:

I want to be able to go directly to the movieviewer Skin screen:

When I use your SKIN I search for a movie the box on the right shows the movie list, I select Rocky and after selecting Rocky it goes to another screen that shows the Cover art in the uper left corner, when I slect it.

It goes to another SKIN screen that you call movieviewer. What I want to be able to do is bypass the Cover ART Screen and go directly to the movieviewer Screen can this be done and if so how?

Thanks

samsonlov wrote:Hey Carlos,

You are replying to a post that was made by Jowaldo 5 1/2 years ago.

according to his profile, the last time he was "logged-in" where he allowed the system to see him was in April of this year. (about 4 months ago)

To answer your question:
What you want to do is change the category event to be the same as the event that is assigned to the "play" button on the "preview" screen.

I don't have the skin, and I haven't used freelobby for a number of years, but if you open the skin-editor and go to the "preview" screen and take a look at the event tied to the play button, and then make that event your category event, that should solve your problem - though you might also have to change the properties of the category so that clicking doesn't display the "info screen" which in this case is called "movieviewer" - look in the properties of the movies category and where you see "movieviewer" just delete it.

(Make a backup of your entire xlobby folder before you try any of this, so that it will be super easy and fast to go back to a "working" copy of your xlobby setup.)

I hope this helps,
Samson
:)
Carlos Delgado

Previous