2nd Pre-Release Ready to Download

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

2nd Pre-Release Ready to Download

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:34 am

Ok so here we go with the 2nd pre release, this one will expire on May 15th 2007.

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2install.exe

Check the log file for more detailed info on whats been updated, I'm trying to keep that as up to date as possible when I'm programming.

For the most part though, this release has a couple major things.

1) The new built in media player has had a lot of bug fixes, it's getting to become more and more stable. The responsiveness has also improved quite a bit, here is a new screeshot of the mediaplayer area....this is just something I threw together in an hour before I uploaded the release. you'll notice the interactive progress bar so you can jump to any section.

2) There was a pretty serious bug for the new built in sounds, I have since switched over to directsound to handle this issue. I still have to build out a separate section so you guys can control the sounds in more detail.

3) The nowplaying banner system has been changed, you can find instructions on how to setup a banner by going to the link below...it's really easy to do

http://www.xlobby.com/nowplaying.php

We are making a lot of progress and everything is moving along very well so far. Let me try to give you guys a heads up of where we are going next, I know documentation is a big thing that I will be throwing my self into soon....mapping keyboard keys....dual monitor setups....

Ok I will talk a little more about dual monitor or multi screen setups, I will be making a stop gap solution soon to throw the video over to the 2nd monitor for people who want that. In the ideal world we are thinking of actually doing a multi monitor xlobby...think 2 xlobby screens that are distinct and separate from each other but running at the same time sharing info and being controlled by one another.....it's hard to explain what this means and why the idea is so unique...but I just haven't had the time to research this idea yet to see if its even possible....but I just want to let you guys know we are on top of the dual monitor issues and we do have some solutions to these issues.

Other than that enjoy this release, comments feedback always welcome. Sorry if I don't reply right away, its the easter weekend....but even after that I will be back to programming so I don't get a lot of time to visit the forums....but once things settle down I will be able to spend more time on here.
Last edited by stevenhanna6 on Thu May 10, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevenhanna6

Postby cmhardwick on Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:27 am

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't exit full screen mode in this version, where I could simply by clicking the mouse anywhere on the screen. Now I have to kill Xlobby completely to get out of full screen mode.

Installing the ffdshow and ogg codecs let me see the streams and play flacs, so that's not an issue anymore
cmhardwick

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:31 am

cmhardwick wrote:Not sure if it's just me, but I can't exit full screen mode in this version, where I could simply by clicking the mouse anywhere on the screen. Now I have to kill Xlobby completely to get out of full screen mode.

Try hitting the "escape" key, or if your using a mouse and your watching a dvd...you have to click the top 20% of the screen. If that doesnt work, restart xlobby and tell me if it still happens then I will look into it.
stevenhanna6

Re: 2nd Pre-Release Ready to Download

Postby defrag on Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:59 am

...think 2 xlobby screens that are distinct and separate from each other but running at the same time sharing info and being controlled by one another.....

Steven, will the 2 xlobbys be able to have different skins? Many of us have two completely different resolutions, in my case 1366x768 and 1024x768. One is a touchscreen the other a 32" lcd. All video goes to the lcd including visualisations. I have 2 switchable xlobby instances on 1 pc, each copy has it's own skin to make use of the size and the use (lcd uses remote to control, touchscreen uses... well touch :wink: ) The lcd has to be readable at 10ft away which means big fonts etc. and as it's wider I can get more music selections on the screen.

Awesome work as always though
defrag

Postby lar282 on Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:11 am

Is there any bug fixes in these releases regarding the old bugs? example those bugs that still exist in the summary thread?
example os execute client file?

or is it just new mediaplayer things in the new releases? So for us people that use foobar and zoomplayer, we don't "need" the new release?

regards

//Lasse
lar282

Postby C-moi on Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:00 am

I can play flac files now with this new release.
C-moi

Postby cmhardwick on Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:18 am

'esc' doesn't work, but clicking in the top part of the screen does.

Thanks! I thought SURELY something as simple as that couldn't have been broken so quickly :D
cmhardwick

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:11 pm

Steven, will the 2 xlobbys be able to have different skins? Many of us have two completely different resolutions, in my case 1366x768 and 1024x768. One is a touchscreen the other a 32" lcd. All video goes to the lcd including visualisations. I have 2 switchable xlobby instances on 1 pc, each copy has it's own skin to make use of the size and the use (lcd uses remote to control, touchscreen uses... well touch Wink ) The lcd has to be readable at 10ft away which means big fonts etc. and as it's wider I can get more music selections on the screen.

not really different skins...I mean I guess you could join 2 skins into one....but the xlobby screens would be different resolutions....meaning your control screens could be 800x600 and the screens you want on the plasma tv would be 16x9.....I know its been mentioned on the forum several times but this would allow to show content on the plasma while controlling that content from the touch screen....so imagine having your plasma show your pictures/videos/music all depending on how you skin those screens that go to the plasma....while the touch screen controls everything and has its own screens. Hope that makes more sense....anyways thats how we envision it working. Again, these are just ideas right now, I don't want to get peoples hopes up to soon.

Is there any bug fixes in these releases regarding the old bugs? example those bugs that still exist in the summary thread?
example os execute client file?

Sorry I didn't have time to fix any bugs that were in the summary thread you mentioned.

or is it just new mediaplayer things in the new releases? So for us people that use foobar and zoomplayer, we don't "need" the new release?

Most of the fixes are related to the mediaplayers, but there are a few that aren't. So I'm always going to say upgrade to the latest, if you dont want to reinstall everything you can download just the main files here

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

C-moi, good to here you go flac working...I would assume its a flac directshow filter you have installed.

cmhardwick, esc should work...so that sounds like a bug. But just incase someone is wonder why the top 20%....the reason is right now I can't tell if someone is on a dvd menu and using their mouse....so I have to assume they are to make sure clicking a dvd menu doesnt exit fullscreen.
stevenhanna6

Postby CarolinaGuy on Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:36 am

Steven,
Downloaded second release. Importing photos and received this Warning then XLobby shutdown.

WARNING
An invalid licensee was detected, if you have made hardware changes a new licensee will be required.
XLobby will now shutdown.

I down loaded the new release from the top of this thread. New Installation.
It looked the same as the 1st release and had the same date:
FRIDAY, Mar 23, 2007, 8:52
Will expire in 23 days.

So I went down to where you had posted this link

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

and posted the 3 files in the root directory of XLobby.
It now says
FRIDAY, April 6, 2007, 8:13
Will expire in 37 days.

I was importing 500 photos taken in Australia when I received the WARNING.

It did restart.

CarolinaGuy
CarolinaGuy

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:41 am

WARNING
An invalid licensee was detected, if you have made hardware changes a new licensee will be required.
XLobby will now shutdown.

CarolinaGuy thanks a lot for pointing this bug out so early before a bunch more people got hit by it.

Everyone who got this "invalid license was detected" warning, you don't have to worry about anything it was just some licensing code that had a bug in it. I never noticed it because I was working on machines I had attached a temporary licence to for testing....man what stupid mistake.....apologies to all the people that got that warning and had xlobby shutdown on them. I have since fixed the server side code and it wont happen anymore, no updates needed....the build I uploaded is fine the bug was in my server side code.

I down loaded the new release from the top of this thread. New Installation.
It looked the same as the 1st release and had the same date:
FRIDAY, Mar 23, 2007, 8:52
Will expire in 23 days.

that is strange, your isp is probably caching the old installation exe and sending you that. I downloaded the link above and it had the new expiry date and the new mediaplayer section.
stevenhanna6

Bug report - out of memory while loading images

Postby cooldog on Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:07 pm

Steve,

Xlobby Pre-release 2 repeatably runs out of memory on startup while loading images, at about 1.5GB. The February 2007 version that I was using previously would run somewhere in the neighborhood of 40MB, if I recall correctly.

Is there a way to hand-edit the config file to get out of "Fast mode" so that I can at least try this out?

CRAP! Something just occurred to me - I am in the middle of moving media content from one server to another. I might need to blow away all my DB's, and try this all again after I get things further sorted out.

OTOH, if the files it's trying to read are simply missing, this is still a pretty serious bug!

Paul

Code: Select all
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)
   at xlobby2.CategoryObject.LoadStream(MemoryStream imageStream, Control control, Category cat)
   at xlobby2.CategoryObject.LoadStreamScratch(Control control, Category cat)
   at xlobby2.Category.PreLoadCover(CategoryObject co)
   at xlobby2.Category.PreLoadAllCovers()
   at xlobby2.Control.PreLoadCategoryImages()
   at xlobby2.Control.LoadAll()
   at xlobby2.GdiScreenForm.GdiScreenForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
xlobby2
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2652.34618
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2652.34618
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/xlobby/xlobby2.exe
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
XPluginSDK
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2628.35183
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2628.35183
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/xlobby/XPluginSDK.DLL
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
DShowPlayer
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/xlobby/DShowPlayer.DLL
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50608.0
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.42
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd/msvcm80.dll
CDEX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1685.4787
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1685.4787
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/xlobby/plugins/CDEX.dll
xusbuirt
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1648.25123
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1648.25123
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/xlobby/plugins/xusbuirt.dll
XWeather
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2635.30404
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2635.30404
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/xlobby/plugins/xweather/XWeather.dll
Interop.Shell32
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/xlobby/Interop.Shell32.DLL
CustomMarshalers
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/CustomMarshalers/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/CustomMarshalers.dll
DShowPlayerDVD
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/xlobby/DShowPlayerDVD.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

cooldog

Postby lar282 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:19 am

Will the non free xlobby finally have a rotate picture function?
Will the EPG work on thin clients?

regards
//Lasse
lar282

Weather bug

Postby cooldog on Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:06 pm

The first weather screen with the daily forecast has a bug: it leaves out a day.

Right now, just after refreshing, I see info for:

Thursday
Friday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
cooldog