Xant Questions

Xlobby plugin development

Xant Questions

Postby msmulian on Sun May 06, 2007 3:41 pm

I have set-up Xant and AMC on my Xlobby server and my movie database has been imported successfuly.

I have 3 questions on implementation on fat clients:

Graphics

I have the graphics embeded in the amc database (and have also exported them to a folder)

The server can see the graphics perfectly, but the client cannot.
The client looks for the images using the 'images' entry in Xant.ini, but this is pointing to a drive on the wrong machine.

I have tried creating a share and then using unc names in Xant.ini (images=\\server\Catalogs\Movies\), but if I do this the Xant plugin will not run.

A possibility is to copy the images folder to the same location on each client, but this is messy and needs updating manually on each machine everytime a new film is added

How can I get fat clients to see the movie covers, so that the covers are automatically updated?

Using Daemon to mount image files

The standard moviestemplate.xml uses the parameter
<parameter>"%$$ITEM_TYPE $$ITEM_MEDIA" "$$ITEM_URL"</parameter>

If I use this and add OMP to Events (pointing at zplayer.exe) then when I hit play, I get asked for the DVD and Daemon does not mount the iso.

I can bypass OMP by removing it from events and changing the parameter entry to <parameter>$$ITEM_URL</parameter> which allows Daemon and Zoom Player to work normally.

I would like to understand
What is the purpose of using the the default parameter setting and OMP?
How do I set up OMP to work with Daemon?

Thank you,

Martin
msmulian

Postby dalanik on Sun May 06, 2007 8:03 pm

Why don't you just map network drive from all clients to the location of your Xant images?

i.e. if images are on \\PC1\images\ you map it everywhere as drive X: and on the PC1 you do subst command to map it also as X: and then point xant.ini to the drive X:

D.
dalanik

Postby msmulian on Mon May 07, 2007 10:23 pm

Thanks for that, I hadn't used subst for so long I had forgotten it even existed!

Any thoughts on how to use OMP with Daemon and Zoom?
msmulian

Postby dalanik on Tue May 08, 2007 7:09 am

Sorry, what is OMP?
dalanik