Changing the selected movie category

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Changing the selected movie category

Postby PiDD on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:28 pm

I would like to change the 'selected movie' image in the movie category.

Is it possible that instead of displaying a button to actually display the movie cover art .. only it would be a little bigger when you mouse hover. I think that would have a good look.

movies.JPG

So it would look like this...

movies2.JPG
PiDD

Re: Changing the selected movie category

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 pm

Did you toy around with the Category/General settings (if using freelobby, Pause/Break, then Category tab, General). Try and play with the Enlarge % and the Highlight %. You could also play with the settings under the Layout tab, but they will affect all of the items in the category, not just the mouse-over one.

Another way is to center your actual movie category. Make the size of it to only show one cover (enlarge it, make the highlight bigger etc.). Set the Layout to default all (I think that turns off the title and only shows the movie art). Then use text boxes all around the centered category. Text boxes to the right of, and below the artwork will be this:
Code: Select all
category>movies>cover>+1

Where you would increment the value from +1, +2, ...+N (where N is the number of text boxes to the right and below that will fill your area that you want. Then to the left and above the centered artwork you would create a slew of text boxes with the following code:
category>movies>cover>-1

Where you would decrement the value from -1, -2, ...-N.

Then if I recall, you would set the Category/Scroll as Left Right Move.

What this does is center your movie selection, which will be enlarged and only show coverart, and all you movies flow around it.

If using V3, I think the concept is pretty much the same...but I would have to try it out to make sure.
Marbles_00

Postby PiDD on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:42 am

Cool ideas... thanks. I will get my head around the second idea... but its a bigger change so I will wait.

Now its interesting that I dont have the Enlarge % and the Highlight % in the category/general tab?? Im using freelobby. (build july 2006)

x.jpg
PiDD

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:38 am

That's an old build...even for freelobby :lol: . Goto Sharp's website here and download the last update (Feb. 2007).
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:22 pm

To give you an example of what I mentioned above:

The second coverart from the left (Blades of Glory) is the actual category. The "Blackhawk Down" image is a text box that contains the following:
category>movies>cover>-1

"Body Of Lies" image is a text box that contains:
category>movies>cover>+1

"Bolt" image is a text box that contains the text:
category>movies>cover>+2
Marbles_00

Postby PiDD on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:52 pm

Man thats funny... I was using an OLD version of Xlobby all this time. I had the newer version downloaded and just never copied it over?? Talk about a brain fart.

It does what I want now! thanks. But now Im looking at the other option you mentioned... very cool too.

thanks!
PiDD