Baddabing's Xlobby Home Theater

good place to post your setup and get feedback from others.

How did you find this post?

xlobby.com.com
88%
xlobby-france.com
9%
avsforum.com
No votes
skibumsplace.com
No votes
board.homeseer.com
No votes
theatertek.com/forums
No votes
htpcnews.com
2%
forum.homemedia.fr
No votes
other
2%

Total votes : 56

Postby dgemily on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:23 am

BaddaBing wrote:Just added a movie file of my Home Theater skin in action - see first post in this thread

no good... :o it's not nice to show this wonderful skin without give it available , lol :wink:
no, I joking :wink: very nice video Image

and many thanks for all your work that you did on this forum ....
dgemily

Postby ingalls on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:11 pm

awesome! :D
ingalls

Postby rembetis on Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:15 pm

I typically shy away from grovelling, but I too would greatly appreciate it if you would share this skin. It basically has all the functionality I crave, and a pleasant layout, plus it matches my hardware. I promise, under pain of death, not to bother you with any additional questions and could easily adapt the events to my needs.

If you're open to the idea, please drop me a line at mb AT mindserai DOT COM. In any case, nice work!
rembetis

Postby rika on Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:00 pm

Realy nice work!!

Rika
rika

Postby sdumas on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:11 pm

Drooling....

I am using your HeavyMetal skin, but I LOOOOVVVVVE these new graphics.

Is it possible to get a copy?

unsupported of course, just wanted to have the graphics.

I will post the details of my own HT soon - just waiting to "reorganize" the equipment in a clean fashion (it's pretty ugly right now in the wiring closet - looks more like spaghetti then clean wiring)

Thanks!
sdumas

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:37 pm

Hey Bing,

I love the skin and the integration. I wasn't sure if to ask this here, or the Skin section, or General, but I figured I'd start here.

How did you do the Now Playing screen? How did you animate the next song around the screen is what I'm wondering? Its a neat feature.

Thanks in advance.

David
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:55 pm

BaddaBing:

Can you post a screenshot of your movie control screen for this skin? It would really help me.

Thanks
sharp_1

Postby BaddaBing on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:36 pm

I've updated the now-playing/screensaver component of my skin and will share it.
It is very easy to add to an existing skin.

Here is what it looks like:

Unfortunately I no longer have the time to support my XL skins so read these instructions carefully because this is all the support I can give on this.

1] Download the zip file and extract to a temporary directory.

2] There are three subdirectories in the zip file: BUTTONS, EVENT GROUPS and SCREENS

3] Copy the files in the BUTTONS directory into the BUTTONS directory of your skin

4] Copy the file in the EVENT GROUPS directory into the EVENT GROUPS directory of your skin

5] Copy the files in the SCREENS directory into your skin directory

6] Start Xlobby

7] Go to your MUSIC screen (or which ever screen you want the button on)

8] Add a button that says "Now Playing" (or what-ever you want it to say)

9] Assign the following event to the button -> nowplaying:goto nowplaying

Done
To run it, queue up a couple of songs then click the NowPlaying button you just created.

Clicking on the image of the NEXT cd will end the current playing song and start playing the next.

Clicking on the image of the NOW PLAYING cd returns you to the music screen.

You can change the target screen in the nowplaying:exit event.

-enjoy (or not :wink: )

DOWNLOAD BADDABINGS NOWPLAYING SCREENSAVER: http://www.xlobby.com/files/badabing/screensaver/Baddabings_Screensaver.zip
Last edited by BaddaBing on Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BaddaBing

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:38 pm

Generally I try not to curse in the forum....but...HOLY SHIT :!: :!: :!: this is way too cool Bing 8) . I can't thank you enough for distributing this :D

You directions were great (as usual), and everything worked right from the start just fine. :D

Now I have to sit down and integrate it into my skin so it looks more "polished" (the integration and NOT your wonderful work).

Thanks again :D

P.S. Can you tell I'm excited :D :!:

*EDIT* Looking at your events, I have now come to the conclusion that not only have I placed you on a high pedestal with Steven and a few other selected Xlobby individuals (we're not worthy....we're not worthy), but I truely do have a lot to learn still about Xlobby and all its capabilities. Man I've only scratched the surface (so to speak).
Marbles_00

Postby ingalls on Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:27 pm

thanks a lot for this!!!
ingalls

Updated my theater skin

Postby BaddaBing on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:04 pm

This is the skin I originally posted with my theater:

I have updated my theater with a new skin (see first post) and am no longer using this one - so I'm going to post it here for download if anyone wants to use it or simply scavenge it for the graphics

Download - http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4729
BaddaBing

Postby BaddaBing on Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:44 am

Updated my home theater XL skin screenshots - see the first post in the thread.
BaddaBing

Postby Atlas on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:04 am

BaddaBing,

I was wondering what size your media room is? How far back do you sit for a 100" screen? I'm looking into creating a dedicated room myself and curious as to what works for you.
Atlas

Postby BaddaBing on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:48 am

My home theater dimensions are 16 x 14 feet. The back of the seats are about 14~15 feet from the screen. But the projector is both a CRT (no pixels and no visible scan lines when fed a progresive image) and supports HD resolutions.

How big a screen you can put in a room really has more to do with resolution than anything else. The old rule-of-thumb for standard TVs (viewing distance is the diagonal screen size in inches multiplied by 3 or 3.5) is no longer a hard and fast rule. High-resolution displays reduce the visibility of scan lines so you can sit closer to a large screen without noticing them (1.5 to 2.5 times from diagonal screen size)

The projector's resolution will have direct impact upon ideal viewing distance. High resolution projectors (WXGA-1280x768 or higher) allow for larger screens and closer viewing distances without visible artifacts. If you go with a low resolution projector, (like a Cinego with VGA-854x480 resolution) you will need to sit back a lot further to eliminate visible pixelation.

Then there is personal preference. When you go to the movies, where do you like to sit? Up front, in the back or somewhere in the middle? Take all of this into account when chosing a screen size.
BaddaBing

Postby C-moi on Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:19 am

BaddaBing,
Updated my home theater XL skin screenshots - see the first post in the thread.

Will you share the new version of your impressive skin ?
Thanks
C-moi

PreviousNext