My home system v2.0

Speak your mind

My home system v2.0

Postby muzz on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:08 pm

Hi all,

Been a while since I've been on here, I've been running XLobby 3 side by side with and a Russound CAV6.6 system for the past 6 months now no probs. Just about to sell my house leaving the Russound system in place, so pondering my next setup.

I've got so used to having UNO-S2 keypads in each room that I really want to go the full stretch and have Xlobby individual touchpanels in every zone. The problem is that everywhere I have read in the forum, people are using the same VGA and control feed and just spiting it between the touchpanels.

My intention is to run up to 6 zones with multiple audio and video sources (XLobby with maybe have to be a combination of both fat and thin clients - depending on the ouch £££ factor). I have an Airpanel that works great on RDP using the multi-user hack in XP, so it's got me thinking, is there any way to run each zone as a distinct user?

Obviously 6 Airpanels and a beefy server machine would do the trick, but I really like the idea of fixed panels in certain places. Has anyone every used something like Jack PC?

http://www.chippc.com/thin-clients/jack-pc/index.asp

Something like that could be installed at each point a touchpanel is needed, then it has the VGA or DVI connection, and also USB for control. They have a built in RDP client so it is effectively an Airpanel in a wallplate

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Muzz
muzz

Re: My home system v2.0

Postby scottw on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:01 am

Interesting.....how much are the Jack PC's, do you know??
scottw

Re: My home system v2.0

Postby muzz on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:29 am

scottw wrote:Interesting.....how much are the Jack PC's, do you know??

Only about £150 each
muzz