xTVDB

Xlobby plugin development

xTVDB

Postby scottw on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:02 pm

I was searching for a way in Ant Movie Catalog to import all of the info for my television episodes I have thru the thetvdb.com, which has excellent info. I came across the french teams xlobby site, and found xTVDB by Badubo:
http://www.xlobby-france.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2980 it's in french but I used Google's translator to read the post and figure out how to use it. I still do not fully understand but was able to pull all the of the info for a few seasons of Friends that I have....including a screen grab for the cover of each episode. It also sorted the DB as well like:
Friends
..Season1
.....EP1
.....EP2
..Season2
.....EP1

I am going to try to play around a little more but this will save me alot of work!!!

Just though I would share!!!!
scottw

Re: xTVDB

Postby Cabinetguy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:05 pm

That sounds pretty good. I haven't ripped all my TV shows yet.
I'll have to give it a try when I get to that point.
Does this grab the wide banners?

Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby scottw on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:59 pm

Yeah it does...not sure if I like that yet or not.
scottw

Postby billberet on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 pm

i have thousands of episodes of anime, and it's a pain.
i wrote a meta tag that pulls the episodes into xlobby, that works fine.

currently i have it set 2 directories deep, lets use southpark as an example.
southpark / s1e1 / tvshow.avi
southpark / s1e2 / tvshow.avi

etc

my issue is with xlobby, when you first go into video section, this is where all my tv shows are
you have all the coverart of the different tv shows, so you click on southpark
this opens the media player, you then have to close the media player and all the episodes will display.
that extra click to close the media player is SOOOOO anoying.

so how do you guys display your tv shows, are they one level deep, or multiple levels.
if multiple levels, how do you keep the media player from opening when you click on the top level.

side note*** gotta love that google translator, that's how i got my SIP PBX information from the french site
lol
billberet

Postby C-moi on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Don't know if this is the solution but when we want to add a new level (in Ant Movie Catalog) we put | (Alt Gr + - touch of your keyboard) in the title of the movie. See the capture
You can ask in the french forum, badubo will reply
C-moi

Postby dalanik on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Yes, this is also how I do it, and it works just fine! there is no extra click needed to close mediaplayer (zoom in my case)... (I use AMC as well and shows on disk and in catalogue are in format Show|Season 1|Episode01.avi format)

D.
dalanik

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:20 pm

I also don't have the media player problem.

I wanted to use Ant but could not find a script that would pull all of the info I wanted. Does anyone have a script for thetvdb.com for Ant???
scottw

Postby badubo on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:00 pm

If you tried xtvdb, and still want to use Ant for generating manually your database, you can get the files stored in the cache directory of xtvdb. They are .amc files containing data for each series
badubo

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Cool...I cant think of a reason right now to use Ant for that but atleast the option is there.
scottw

Postby Cabinetguy on Sat May 09, 2009 12:44 am

I finally got around to ripping all my TV episodes, and this plugin works really well !
I do have one question though. The French spelling for "season" is used, and I would like the English spelling if possible.
How would I go about changing this?

Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby scottw on Sat May 09, 2009 1:02 am

Cabinetguy wrote:I finally got around to ripping all my TV episodes, and this plugin works really well !
I do have one question though. The French spelling for "season" is used, and I would like the English spelling if possible.
How would I go about changing this?

Brian

I have the same issue. Right now I just do a "Find and Replace" (I use Editpad Lite) on the DB file after this plugin is run, I know a pain but it works. You can try posting a reply to the thread in my first post to the french forum. You can post in English...I posted a request in French and English and was responded to in English.

Hope this helps.
scottw

Postby badubo on Mon May 11, 2009 11:03 am

Hello,

indeed, I forgot to remove french references in my code ;)

I made a new version :
http://france.xlobby.com/plugins/xtvdb.zip
I removed references to "saison" in the code, you have now to put the translated word in the template in the.ini :

Code: Select all
[template_season]
coverart=<cover>
description=<overview>
display=Season <originaltitle>
name=Season <originaltitle>
offline=
parameter=
season=<season>
sorttitle=Season <originaltitle>
title=Season <translatedtitle>

to use this version, simply copy all files except the .ini in your old directory (and adapt your .ini according to mine for your needs)

Note that I added also the download of the fanarts that can be used as stills in the db (put stills=true in the general section)
You can also create an offline database that can store the content of your burned DVD (see the xtvdbconfig.exe)
badubo

Postby scottw on Mon May 11, 2009 12:31 pm

badubo wrote:Hello,

indeed, I forgot to remove french references in my code ;)

I made a new version :
http://france.xlobby.com/plugins/xtvdb.zip
I removed references to "saison" in the code, you have now to put the translated word in the template in the.ini :

[template_season]
coverart=<cover>
description=<overview>
display=Season <originaltitle>
name=Season <originaltitle>
offline=
parameter=
season=<season>
sorttitle=Season <originaltitle>
title=Season <translatedtitle>

to use this version, simply copy all files except the .ini in your old directory (and adapt your .ini according to mine for your needs)

Note that I added also the download of the fanarts that can be used as stills in the db (put stills=true in the general section)
You can also create an offline database that can store the content of your burned DVD (see the xtvdbconfig.exe)

Cool!!!! Thanks for the update. I am using this plugin more and more. Is there any chance of adding my request I made to you on the French forum:

badubo,
I am using your plugin and love it but have one request. I need to display the main cover of a tv show while I am in the episode info of the category.
For example, tv show 24:
In the DB I can reference "cover" to show the main cover for the TV show but if I am in the details of an episode the "cover" variable shows the cover for the episode I need that one and one for the main cover of the show. Can this be done?
I see in the ini the [template_episode] section can something be added her to show the main cover for the tv show?

Thanks again for this plugin...it will make things much easier now for me without having to do the "Find and Replace"
scottw

Postby badubo on Mon May 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Same link :
you can now use <Series.XXX> or <Season.XXX> in the episode template (or <Series.XXX> in the season template) to access the data

i.e. :
<Series.coverart> will display the banner of the series

Hope this help
badubo

Postby Cabinetguy on Mon May 11, 2009 10:04 pm

Thank you for the update!
This is a great plugin that has saved me alot of time.

Thank you very much,
Brian
Cabinetguy

Next