XLMP by Baddading modded for multiroom - ppc screens added

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

XLMP by Baddading modded for multiroom - ppc screens added

Postby rhinoman on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:02 pm

All credit must go to Baddabing for this skin, I have used all of his work and graphics and just added a few mods for my multiroom music setup.

The original is here

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5192

I have modded the following screens to make it easier to select zones and adjust volume.

If anyone is interested I can post the skin.

Next to work on is to add the multiroom to the PPC screens.
Last edited by rhinoman on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhinoman

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:25 pm

It's neat to see more and more multi-zoning type skins...either from scratch or modded. It shows that a particularly power aspect of Xlobby is being utilized to its capabilities...especially from someone, who I consider, one of the pioneer players in getting multi-zoning to work within Xlobby enviroment (and finding your own way to bypass the sync issues).

Good job on the mod. If Buddabing figures it's okay, post it. Someone may end up needing to use it...you never know.
Marbles_00

Postby rhinoman on Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:59 pm

Thanks Marbles, I figured it was time to update my skin, I've been using a hacked together version for a couple of years now which was a mix of a number of old skins that definitley wasn't pretty but was functional.

Its been quite hard to find the time to start again with the necessary alterations to any skin (I don't get anything like the time I used to to spend on this stuff). I think the way people use multiroom is quite individual so what I wanted wasn't available elsewhere. I looked at yours and its got some great features but because its designed around the KX drivers wasn't a suitable base for my configuration. I agree that there should be more examples of the multiroom stuff as its one of Xlobby's best features.

I'll be working on the PPC screens next, I'll probably post it then.
rhinoman

Postby rhinoman on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:25 pm

Now getting underway with the PPC stuff, not finished yet but getting there.

Here's a peak.

rhinoman

Nice work

Postby berniejr on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:50 pm

Rhinoman nice work on this skin! I never gave much thought to the multi zone feature until recently and your skin looks to fit the bill pretty nice. I would love to get a copy once your finished with the PPC screens.

Thanks
berniejr

Re: XLMP by Baddading modded for multiroom - ppc screens added

Postby psf_wilts on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:36 pm

Hiya!

skin look just what i am looking for!
how is the work progressing on the ppc screens?
psf_wilts

Postby ph0n33z on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:55 pm

I am interested in this skin as well. Was it ever posted? If not, is it possible to still get it?

Thanks!
ph0n33z

Postby ph0n33z on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:59 pm

I am interested in this skin as well. Was it ever posted? If not, is it possible to still get it?

Thanks!
ph0n33z

Postby ph0n33z on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:00 pm

Thanks!
ph0n33z

Postby flips on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:51 pm

This looks great! Not to pile on to the other comments, but I will anyway... Have you ever posted this anywhere? I started to do this myself, but if I can start with what you got right now that would save me a ton of time!

Getting back into xlobby now to finish the whole house audio dream that I put on the back burner a couple of years ago. I'm happy to see that the xlobby-free scene is still chugging along thanks to baddading, marbles and others...

flips
flips

Postby rhinoman on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:46 pm

I haven't used Xlobby for a few months as I now have Russound gear and we have been doing a loft conversion/house rework. This file I think is what I was using upto pulling everything apart including the xlobby machne so I don't have an easy way to test. You'll probably need to install the fonts as suggested by Baddabing in the original thread.

If it doesn't work let me know and I 'll have a hunt through some other files.

Edit: The files over the attachable limit, if anybody wants it drop me an email and I'll forward it on.
rhinoman

Postby flips on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:27 am

Thanks Rhinoman! and Thanks to Marbles for posting it on the other thread.

It seems to be working great. I am still in the process of modifying a couple of things to make it work for my setup. Thanks for all the work you did on this!

flips
flips