Playlist, Numbers, Image, Actions?

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Playlist, Numbers, Image, Actions?

Postby Colby on Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:46 am

Excuse my ignorance everyone, I almost finished my skin but there are a few things I want to do that I dont quite know how to do.

1. How do I display numbers in the the playlist? or do I have to make characters that just set next to the list?

2. How do I get the playlist to show artist / track title? Mine only shows track title.

3. How do I make an image in my database do what I want. I have some thumbnails for music albums and when I click them they go to album info screen,. I want them to go somewhere else how do I change this? I want to click an album and an overlay to open and show the album info. I cant get the thumbnails to open the overlay. I made another button do that but its not what I want.

4. How do I get track numbers on my album info overlay?

Have a look,
Colby

Postby noviceboy on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:38 am

3. How do I make an image in my database do what I want. I have some thumbnails for music albums and when I click them they go to album info screen,. I want them to go somewhere else how do I change this? I want to click an album and an overlay to open and show the album info. I cant get the thumbnails to open the overlay. I made another button do that but its not what I want.

Isn#T that done by changing the <details></details> entry in the Skin. I have modified the photos screen so that I get a completely new screen when I click on a picture. The same principle should work for all
noviceboy

Postby Colby on Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:37 pm

thanks for that advice. It does do what you say, however not on overlays. It opens the overlay in a new screen (not exactly an overlay). Im still stuck.

How do I create the default action (add to playlist) when I open the tracks overlay and select an album (see previous pic)?
Colby

Postby Colby on Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:58 am

Okay Im answering my own questions, (I guess thats a good thing)

It does do what you say, however not on overlays.

I added an event handler <eventid>music:tracks overlay</eventid> to the xml file on the music. It works perfectly.

How do I create the default action (add to playlist) when I open the tracks overlay and select an album?

I added an event (add track) to the track result textbox itself, thus making the very list a button, and wah la. Perfect

Now I just need to know about numbering? :D
Colby

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:14 pm

Now I just need to know about numbering?

no way of doing this yet, I will add it to the list and see what I can come up with.....I will probably make it possible through the meta mask import.
stevenhanna6

Postby Colby on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:33 am

Thankz for the reply Steven.
While you were gone I notice some things, had some questions and thought of some requests. (Ive been working w/ 4exp5)

Where is the overlay graphic background? (black transparent box) I dont see it in the buttons folder?

How do I get track numbers on musicdetails and/or playlists?(I think you're addressing this already)

If you copy and paste an overlay (transparent black box) then send to back in the hiarchy Xlobby crashes.

It would be nice if alt+esc could minumize xlobby, and if alt+f4 could exit it. I know end exits but if I'm loading or skinning or something or theres a problem end wont work. I have noticed on many occasions after a problem or crash I may have 2-3 xlobbys running in my task manager.

The time slider and que timer in the music section doesnt seem to be working.

It would be nice if there was a checkbox for (play button sound) in the skin editor. Otherwise we have to manually paste it into the xml.

It would be nice if there was a (image refresh) for the button library.
As your editing: (here's the scenerio)
1. You see the need for a button.
2. You open your favorite image design program (ie. Adobee PS) and create or edit a new button.
3. You save it as a .PNG in the button library of your skin.
4. You close Xlobby and reopen it so you can have the "new" button in your library for skin editing.
5. You resume editing. I want to eliminate step 4.
(P.S Same with backgrounds.)

It would be nice if you could create font sets or family's while skinning. Select a font then click an ADD button and it puts that font into a list of fonts you can then select from. No more scrolling through 1000 fonts if you're only using 2.

It would be nice if on the Add Screen tab there was a Copy and/or Rename function so we could recreate xmls better while skinning instead of exiting.

I believe this is one of the best programs around; The ability to edit and personalize is one of its strongest attributes, I just want to make it even better! :)
Last edited by Colby on Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colby

Postby jowaldo on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:12 am

colby I'd like to try your skin :)

mailto:jowaldo2kNOSPAM@hotmail.com just take out the NOSPAM part of my address ;)
jowaldo

Postby CouchPotatoe on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:26 pm

I would be really interested in trying this on my touschscreen to - and I have loke Coldplay :-)

Kevin

mailto:lists@ukusa.co.uk
CouchPotatoe

Postby noviceboy on Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:06 am

colby
Where is the overlay graphic background? (black transparent box) I dont see it in the buttons folder?

It's built in. Just copy it from any screen with it in then do with it what you want.
noviceboy

Postby jsthesilverman on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:22 pm

Hi Colby,
2. How do I get the playlist to show artist / track title? Mine only shows track title.

Did you find a solution for that? I am new and could use some beginners advice.
Tks
jsthesilverman

Postby Colby on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:52 am

In the skin editor you select the playist category. Then goto the category tab of the editor and there is a line called display. Here you put a display variable to show what you want. Mine is %position%. %artist% - %trackname%. Other display variables could be insterted if you want. Read about them in my event variable sheet.

Good luck, welcome aboard.
Colby