Project XCTtv - TV Plugin

Xlobby plugin development

Project XCTtv - TV Plugin

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:02 am

Hi All,

I felt the need to create a new topic where this TV plugin can be well followed and monitor by all.

XCTtv is the name I gave this TV plugin project based on my other TV project CTpvr/CTtv. I was not expecting to get too involved but felt the need to kick start a TV-Plugin for Xlobby. Once I started coded and interfacing this plugin, I realized what amazing potential this Xlobby engine has. My hat goes off to Steven for a job well done.

::: Cards tested :::
• Hauppauge PVR-250/350. • Hauppauge PVR-250MCE
• Hauppauge PVR-250BTV • ATI E-Home Wonder
• Aver Media M150

::: Cards not yet tested :::
• Hauppauge PVR-USB2 • Adaptec VideOh
• Generic Conexant "Blackbird" • Provideo PV-258/259
• AVerMedia M172/M179 • NVIDIA MCE TV

App: Sample app that I wrote to kick start this project ( Only in HeavyMetal Skin for Now )
http://ctpvr.com/downloads/XCTtv.msi
Added features: Pause Mode(Time Shifting) FF/REW are not enabled yet and Skipping in Pause mode still need to be tweak. File Playback, Large screen mode almost full screen, Task bar should not show when starting TV or Playback.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you had installed the previous version of XCTtv you should follow these directions:
You should delete the files from the last setup you had before you start with this new one.

5 Files all together
the 2 in the "XCTtv" plugin folder.
1 or 2 under the "HeavyMetal" folder ( XCTtv.xml, XCTtvLarge.xml )
1 under the "HeavyMetal\eventgroups" folder ( XCTtv.xml )

After deleting those files the installer should work out fine.
Another way to delete these files is to run the XCTtv installer and install. Then you run the installer again to get rid of the files. Then you run the installer again to install and that should do it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source:
http://ctpvr.com/downloads/xlptv.zip
This source is to the above app the works using a Dll based engine I created. The source to the Dll will not be made available. I will put together some docs to help any developers interested in contributing any help.

Two photos follow
Regards,
Carm.

Last edited by ComputerTimeCO on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby hjackson on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:20 am

Good work young Jedi...
:D

hjackson
hjackson

Attn Skin Designers

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:37 am

Creating a skin page for the XCTtv TV Plugin should be a snap. Just by looking at the event manager you'll see the commands available with more to come.

This plugin can run in any screen. If you create an object like a normal rectangle for instance just give it the id "videowindow" and the TV screen will place and size it self to that object. I did run into a problem where the larger screen rect had the same name and the plugin would always use the first object not the new one. I think this is something that I will mention to steve so there is no limitations on the number of screens the plugin can run on. Of course you would also need just a few buttons to with those rect.

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby rubbah on Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:30 am

this sounds super!! great job!
rubbah

Postby lar282 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:30 am

like I said in the cttv forum. GREAT JOB. If this turns out good, Xlobby will defenetely be the best freaking app out there WITH tv integration.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby jowaldo on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:59 pm

Wow this is awesome! the one big thing xlobby still needed. I need to get a card that your program supports, so I can add it to my skin :)
jowaldo

Postby Aaron on Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:55 pm

Very nice...

do you think you could incoporporate xAP protocol into the plug-in? I see that it could be useful for the guide info and exchanging data between XL & CTpvr.
Aaron

Postby lar282 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:06 pm

Aaron wrote:Very nice...

do you think you could incoporporate xAP protocol into the plug-in? I see that it could be useful for the guide info and exchanging data between XL & CTpvr.

the plugin doesn't use ctpvr (I think)
It's a standalone dll

//Lasse
lar282

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:26 am

Hi All,

New release available: http://ctpvr.com/downloads/XCTtv.msi

Release of Source code for this version coming soon.

Fixed:
Tv hardware not released after pause mode.
A few screens missing object properties.

New features:
1) Added an Config screen to allow for some custom settings
a) Audio/Video decoders
b) Renderer
c) Country
d) PAL/NTSC
e) Cable/Antenna
f) Preferred Tv Card.

2) Remembers the last channel you where viewing and volume settings. People using Composite or S-Video use channels 254 & 255 to save your last settings.

3) Created a PPC screen

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby lar282 on Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:40 am

tjohooo

will try tonite. Thanks carm

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cosworth on Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:56 am

Where did this go? Links are no good any more :cry:
Cosworth