Shoutcast Plugin

Xlobby plugin development

Shoutcast Plugin

Postby PerfectHtpc on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:50 pm

Hi,
i made a plugin for shoutcast. With one click you can update your station database and your category.

The refresh event needs the name of your radio catgory as parameter.

The refresh status is available over variable
plugin>XShoutcast>%refresh_status%.

You can configure genres, maximum stations to load and minimum bitrate.
You must set the path to your xml database!!
peter

XShoutcast.zip
PerfectHtpc

Postby sagitaz on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:43 pm

i can't download it.

if you wan, you send me the plugin on mailto:sagitaz@xlobby-france.com and i upload it to the Xlobby French FTP.
sagitaz

Postby dalanik on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:05 am

Hey nice plugin, and fast! Where does it get it;s list from? I know that shoutcast script could import only limited number of stations before it got banned...

Anyway, there is one thing that causes problem for me to use it - and that is that the database is not structured by genre.

What is really needed here is to have "subitems", i.e. first level genre (70s, 80s, Rock...) and under that genre, all stations belonging to it.

Do you think this is possible?

Regards,

D.
dalanik

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:59 pm

Great Plugin!!!

Yes I agree...a genre structure would be great. I am using BB's heavy metal skin and genre is what I likes.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:04 pm

Ecellent work Perfect. As Dalanik indicates...very fast indeed. I think it get's its list right from the shoutcast server as I recognize some of the stations from that list.

I also have to agree that the list needs to automatically be sorted into genre, but still...great work :)
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:05 pm

I just want to make sure I set this up properly. See below.

EDIT: THIS IS THE CORRECT WAY TO SET THE VARIABLE
Last edited by sharp_1 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:12 pm

Sharp, I tried it your way but it didn't seem to update. All I did was under Variables, I have the name of my category (shoutcast in this case). That refreshed my database. I then made a text field for plugin>XShoutcast>%refresh_status%, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Hope this was helpful.

David

*EDIT* I stand corrected. My text field with the plugin>XShoutcast string was not big enough to display. When I made it bigger, it would sequentially cycle through all my selected genre.

Now, after I did the most recent refresh, xlobby crashed to the white screen with a big red "X" and reported an exception error, either quit or continue (which if I continued, would leave that screen useless, so I quit).

Perfect, have you had this happen to you at all? If it should happen again, I will make more notes.
Marbles_00

Postby PerfectHtpc on Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:34 pm

Hi,
great to hear that the plugin works for you too. And thanks for your nice comments.

I actual grab only the links to the playlists not the playlists themself. So perhaps you must tell winamp to hide station infos.

I supposed to use a button with the event category:custom search:trackgenre:%Genrename%. But integrating genres in the category would also be nice.

When i have time i try to integrate the genre feature in the database.

peter

How to setup Shoutcast:

1. Configure the plugin: enter the path (with filename) to or browse to your radio database. 8If you havent one make a new file in the folder databases and name it e.g. shoutcast.xml) Select the genres you want the max stations and the mmin bitrate. press apply.
2. add a category with the name e.g. shoutcast for your stations
3. add the event refresh_db_cat with the variable shoutcast (the name of your category)
4. add a button and assign the event.
5. optional: add a textfield wit plugin>XShoutcast>refresh_status to display the refreshing status.

Hope it works for you.

I had never crashes like this.
PerfectHtpc

Postby dgemily on Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:30 pm

very nice ! thanks !!!
one small thing for your next release ;) :
for everyitems in the database, we have a field :
<trackposition>positiontest</trackposition>

I suppose you forgot to delete it from your code. just to prevent you.

later,
dgemily

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:43 pm

As far as I can tell...once you config the plugin you will need to do a refresh then restart XL for the changes to be applied to your shoutcast screen. Correct me if I am wrong.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:17 am

I just did a clean setup on a fresh system and I didn't have to restart Xlobby. Only restarted to be able to load the plugin initially. A refresh should be display/updated automatically. Now granted, I did already have a shoutcast database that I overwrote with the information from this plugin. Maybe that made a difference.

Hope this was helpful.

David
Marbles_00

Postby dgemily on Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:55 am

yep, we don't need to restart xlobby...
the only thing you have to be sure is to select a valid database ( in the plugin configuration) if you don't have one duplicate oneother and change the name of it.
the second thing to be sure is to write for the event refresh_db_cat a variable with your category name ( can be different of your database name...)
dgemily

Postby dalanik on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:00 am

sharp_1 wrote:As far as I can tell...once you config the plugin you will need to do a refresh then restart XL for the changes to be applied to your shoutcast screen. Correct me if I am wrong.

Only if the database DIDN'T EXIST when you started XLobby ... :-)
dalanik

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:I just did a clean setup on a fresh system and I didn't have to restart Xlobby. Only restarted to be able to load the plugin initially. A refresh should be display/updated automatically. Now granted, I did already have a shoutcast database that I overwrote with the information from this plugin. Maybe that made a difference.

Maybe I should clarify. I am using the heavy metal skin with shoutcase database installed previously.

My radio screen will not show anychanges in my database until I reboot XL. I can see the progress of the refresh but the refresh doesn't make it to my radio screen.
sharp_1

Postby dalanik on Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:49 pm

Aaahh, yes now I see. I tried on my test PC. If the database already exists, plugin creates another one, in my case shoutcast2.xml.

D.
dalanik

Next