xltv-plugin

Xlobby plugin development

Postby badubo on Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:13 am

Also, wintv2000 is really a piece of s... for automating it.
So if you know a (preferably free) application handling the pvr cards from hauppauge (that we can externally control and that can only display the TV window) I can try to integrate it in xltv
badubo

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:05 am

i dont suppose you fancy having a bash at the nebula digi tv player do you?

i am at the first stages of integrating it with xlobby (using the built in epg and basic channel changes), but there does not seem to be much point in re-inventing the wheel..

Most functions can be controled via sendmessage commands (http://www.nebula-electronics.com/suppo ... s_msgs.asp)

Current channel/now/next can be accessed via shared memory (http://www.nebula-electronics.com/suppo ... ed_mem.asp).

The only thing you cant do is specifiy the recorded file name... ...but it does embed tags and write to a single location

If you cant any chance of you dumping the source code on me and i will have a bash when things wuiet down (we have just had ur first baby so things are complicated at the moment :))

If i can get the basics working you could add it back into your core?

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby badubo on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:53 am

Actually, I'm reworking the source code and mainly the interface of internal plugins (because I'm integrating the vlc player for playing video files)
So, once I finish this new interface, I can give you the source code so that you integrate the plugin.
Note that you have to also control the way the window is displayed
badubo

Winamp TV plug-in

Postby scalt on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Any chance of seeing an integration of Winamp in XLTV? There's a good TV plug-in for it that works with most cards...
scalt

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:34 am

i was hoping to do a simple xmovewindow type hack (i always end up sticking it in my own plugin - i hate the 1/2 sec lag on xmovewindow when you go into a screen:)) to remove the boarder and lock its position in the skin or go fullscreen...

I will try and nock up the basic digitv interface and see what can be done later.

cheers, Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby badubo on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:29 am

the latency of xmovewindow is mainly due to 2 issues:
- it must wait that xlobby call it with the text zone for detecting the classname of the app and wait that xlobby answer regarding to the position of the textzone : this latency can be reduced if you use a dedicated plugin that already knows what to move
- once orders have been sent (using window messages) the target app will change its position only when it will process the message. This latency cannot be reduced :wink: because you have no direct control of the app.
badubo

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:22 am

its mainly number one, i have milkdrop running on all of my music screens, so if its in my own plugin i can kick it directly when i change screens...

I cant remember, did you write xmovewindow?, if so an option to "check for window now" would probably be quite handy? that way you would not have to wait for the next draw/timer loop?
S Pittaway

Postby badubo on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:44 am

I cant remember, did you write xmovewindow?,

Yes
if so an option to "check for window now" would probably be quite handy? that way you would not have to wait for the next draw/timer loop?

Don't understand, can you precise?
badubo

Postby hvs69 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:57 am

badubo wrote:Also, wintv2000 is really a piece of s... for automating it.
So if you know a (preferably free) application handling the pvr cards from hauppauge (that we can externally control and that can only display the TV window) I can try to integrate it in xltv

You may want to consider GBPVR (Free). I have never used it but I have heard people comparing it to Sage and BeyondTV in avsforum.
hvs69

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:31 pm

its ok..

When i started a app (or resized it etc) there would be a delay before it checked the windows state and repositioned it... i guessed that you timer to check if any windows needed processing or something like that?

So all i ment was put in a command that would make xmovewindow check NOW if anything needed processing.
S Pittaway

Postby badubo on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:40 pm

So all i ment was put in a command that would make xmovewindow check NOW if anything needed processing.

ok, I will add this in the next version.
But be aware that if you start the app in the same event (or even just before) such kind of command will only work if the targetted window already exists (in most applications, the video window is created very late)

You may want to consider GBPVR (Free). I have never used it but I have heard people comparing it to Sage and BeyondTV in avsforum.

as far as I know GBPvr has no windowed mode (without having the background of GBPVR) Never tried if the fullscreen mode can be windowed.
badubo

request

Postby jbretsch on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:46 am

If your are working on a new release anyway, could I ask you to make it optional to have a TV tuner? I need the conversion of the channel numbes and the nive EPG features, but my TV tuner is external and controlled by girder.

Thanks,
Jim
jbretsch

Postby kevl on Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:31 pm

Hi

I have only recently started looking at the XLTV app so please forgive me if this functionality exists.

I have been looking to interface a number of tuners to XL. Unfortunately non of them use any of the XLTV supported Tuner types.

Would it be possible to add a tuner option which allowed passing parameters to Girder's EVENT.EXE. This would then allow girder to control the viewing applications. All that would be needed is to pass the strings to the event.exe program as an optional tuner type. Girder can then automate the viewing app control using a girder script or otherwise.

Kev
kevl

Postby badubo on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:32 am

Would it be possible to add a tuner option which allowed passing parameters to Girder's EVENT.EXE. This would then allow girder to control the viewing applications. All that would be needed is to pass the strings to the event.exe program as an optional tuner type. Girder can then automate the viewing app control using a girder script or otherwise.

controlling applications is not so easy, I must also know how to control the viewing area of the app for embedding it in the dedicated zone.
I must also know the name of the recorded filename for archiving it in the record dba.
badubo

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:38 pm

Badubo
as far as I know GBPvr has no windowed mode

Yes GBPVR can be set for window mode, it can be set in the configuration/setup screen under the General tab.

I've played around with GBPVR a little and really do like it. To me, it is far easier to set up and is just as good for PVR duties as Sage (never really tried BeyondTV so I can't compare to it). It is also easier to skin (though not as easy as Xlobby).

Hope this was helpful.

*EDIT* Actually, just downloaded from their site, they did a pretty nice overhaul of the interface. Looks pretty slick now compared to how it used to be.
Marbles_00

PreviousNext