HeavyMetal Skin problems

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

HeavyMetal Skin problems

Postby bbboza on Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:25 pm

Hi all,

I'm having problems adding radio presets in the radion page...they appear fine on the list but cannot launch. I've copied the way they are put in the database from the existing preset to no avail. When I try to refresh the database, it stops on Label. This is very strange....

Also, is there a way to use Firefox as the default browser on the browser page? and add more links?

Sorry for all the question but I installed XLobby last night on my htpc and just can't stop tweaking it...

Cheers

BBBOZA
bbboza

Postby BaddaBing on Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:23 pm

First, your problem isn't with the HeavyMetal skin - you have a problem with modifying an XML database. :wink:
That said:
-Are you sure your new entries match the existing entries in the XML?
- Do the URLs you are entering in the XML play in WinAmp?
The radio station database, shoutcastradio.xml is nothing more than a list of ShoutCast stations that have been grouped by genre. Here is how the XML breaks down:
The rest of the file just repeats for each GENRE or section. I've had no problem making changes to the DB so more than likely its just a formatting error in your entries.
BaddaBing

Postby hjackson on Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:26 pm

Make sure you check your addresses. Your particular folder structure is very likely different from Baddabaings. If all you did was copy his folder destinations then your stations will not likely work.

For example his coverart path looks like this:
<coverart>C:\Xlobby\skins\HeavyMetal\radio\XXXX.png</coverart>

While, my coverart path looks like this
<coverart>C:\Program Files\Xlobby\skins\HeavyMetal1280_720\radio\XXXX.jpg</coverart>

Good luck!

hjackson
hjackson

Postby bbboza on Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:59 pm

cheers for the replies guys.

I have installed XLobby in C:\XLobby\ as Baddabing has it described in his readme. I had the sation in the database but I don't know if that updated the XML database or not. I will look into it later on today as I just woke up!

Thanks again

BBBOZA
bbboza

Postby bbboza on Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:36 pm

BaddaBing You are the man.

I've added the song to the database in XLobby so it showed in the menus but not in the XML files! I have to say that the entries were there but just badly formatted and with missing arguments...

cheers again as now I can listen to my low bitrate 8-16kb directly from xlobby.

BBBOZA
bbboza