Xlobby locks up on exit from Zoomplayer

Help each other out

Xlobby locks up on exit from Zoomplayer

Postby m_ski on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:51 pm

I am absolutely pulling my hair out trying to solve this problem. Hoping somebody else might have seen something similar at some point.

I have a couple of media categories and databases setup to display different media -
recordedtv and videos. When I play a file from recordedtv it all works fine and goes back to xlobby perfectly after playing the file in Zoomplayer. When I play a file from videos 99% of the time, when Zoomplayer closes, the on screen display is left on screen and I get a black window where xlobby should be. zplayer.exe no longer exists in task manager so it must have closed and I have to kill xlobby to get xlobby working again.

Now the REALLY strange bit is if I replace the recordedtv database in the recordedtv category with the videos database everything works fine with the 'videos' files, this tells me it is nothing to do with the actual media files themselves. It seems that if I name the category anything other than 'recordedtv' I run into the same problem again ?!"£$%???

Has anyone else seen any strange ocurrences perhaps related to category/database name as I am completely out of ideas?
m_ski

Re: Xlobby locks up on exit from Zoomplayer

Postby m_ski on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:07 pm

No sooner do I post than I discover something.
It may be related to having 'Multithreaded' ticked for the play recordedtv event and not for the videos. I have now ticked the box and the problem seems to have gone away.
However, in order to use this event I can no longer play the video directly after clicking it, I have to bring up a viewer overlay in order to then use an event on a 'Play' button. Not ideal but it is better than xlobby crashing.

I would still like to know the root cause of the problem.

BTW I never had this problem on my old single core machine, it is only since I upgraded to dual core that the problem has arisen.
m_ski

Postby lar282 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:39 am

I have seen it before but since I went over to execute a script than starts zoomplayer it all works fine. Replace your execute event with the script instead and see if it helps.
Change the
OPENDRIVE:F
to your drive and the path ofcourse.
Remember if u want to use it for ISO, img then u need two scripts cause u got different drives to open.

'Start script*************************************************
On Error Resume Next
Dim intStartTime, objProcesses, objProcess, intInstance, xlobby, oAutoIt,app,app2
objHOST = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

app= """" & "C:\Program Files\Zoomplayer\zplayer.exe" & """" & " " & " /dvd /OPENDRIVE:F /Q /CD:F /MOUSEOFF"

wscript.sleep 2000
xlobby = objHOST.Run(app,1,1)

Set objProcesses = Nothing

'End script*************************************************
lar282

Postby m_ski on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:03 am

Thanks for that Lasse.
I was in the process last night of trying to use a vbscript to execute the file but I had problems with getting the right filenames passed from xlobby then to a shell from vbscript. Something to do with the quotes being incorrect I think.

I assume the script above is used just to play the current dvd in the drive. Do you have a script which also passes variables from a xlobby?
m_ski