Sky + capture

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Sky + capture

Postby andyt on Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:05 pm

I am trying to develope my first skin and there are two questions that I can't find answered anywhere. I was hoping somebody would kindly try and advise me on the subjects.

1. I want to capture Sky + with a sweetspot card to pass through descaler to a display. How can I set Xlobby up to do this and also make a button that wil record the video onto the hard drive.

2. I have seen an HCPC setup where once you select Movies you are taken to a separate screen where you are given the option to watch a movie from the hard drive or direct from a DVD. Is this possible with Xlobby?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
andyt

Postby edgley on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:01 pm

HI Andy,

I can help with a bit.

To watch TV you need to use an external application.
You then need to create an event group with an OS execute file and put in the application.
Then make a button which is linked to the event. When its pressed, off will go the TV app.
As for recording, I believe that will be down to the application that you are using. I know that you have Sky +, but you might want to look at http://www.sage.tv to see if it has anything that you might need.

As for the separate movie screens, yes this is possible in XL. In the movie database is an offline checkbox. If its ticked the you can have an overlay pop up saying please insert disc etc. when the DVD is selected.

HTH,

s.
edgley

Postby andyt on Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:14 pm

Thanks very muck for this. I will take a look at trying what you have suggested to see if I can get it working.

Thanks again
andyt

Postby andyt on Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:48 pm

edgley

What function to I need to assign to the button to tell my system to play direct from the DVD drive rather than the hard drive.

Thanks
andyt