xltv-plugin

Xlobby plugin development

Postby tomprout on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi !

I am currently implementing your plugin to my skin.
I control my main Xlobby displayed on tv using a thin client tablet pc and I have one problem with xltv plugin :

- EPG window is not displayed on thin client, only on my TV (if mimic is set) Did I miss somethig ? Any solution ?

Another (stupid) question : If I have some scheduled records, do I need to be on my tv screen to be able the record starts ? If I am currently on menu screen does the record will start ?

Thanks in advance.
tomprout

Postby kevl on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:38 pm

Hi Badubo

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here as I dont actually have any of the SW which your fine app is designed to control so my experience of it and appreciation of the issues is limited

controlling applications is not so easy, I must also know how to control the viewing area of the app for embedding it in the dedicated zone.
I must also know the name of the recorded filename for archiving it in the record dba.

The reason I have been looking at your app is that I want to make XL control numerous sources - some internal and some external (which I can easily do in girder) and want to link them all through a single EPG.

I have 3 satellite boxes and Freeview PVR and a couple of PC tuner cards. I also use girder to control my motorised satellite dish but such a system is unusable unless you can filter the resulting huge EPG efficiently.

I took interest in your app as it seems to handle the creation of the single EPG etc very well. For my application I just want to be able to click on a TV show in the EPG and get the option to Watch or schedule a recording. Only girder can handle the complexity of that "simple" requirment on my setup. I also want to divide a huge number of channels into favorite groups (could be by genre News, Films etc) and have the EPG blank out watch and record options if a particular device is not available because it is in use recording a show etc. Your app looks like it does most of the job. For recordings I was intending to have the TV viewing apps dump the MPG files in a particular directory which I would then be able to browse and watch through Zoomplayer via XL. I never considered the requirement for preview windows etc. I have looked at using GBPVR for this but I cant get enough control of the EPG to make it work as I need.

Thanks for the reply anyway. I will keep a keen eye on your app to see how it develops.

Kev
kevl

Re: xltv-plugin

Postby homepc on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:14 pm

badubo,

I have purchased a new Hauppauge Tuner card. This one comes with a new version of wintv2000 ver. 5.2.25082. I uninstalled the previous version and loaded this new version. Now when I try and run the xltv configuration, and select the tuner tab, select wintv2000 and click load, I get the following error:

object referance not set to an instance of an object.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ray
homepc

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:47 pm

badubo,

Just wondering, does this plugin work with DVB Dream? I tried ProgDVB, but I find the PQ better with DVB Dream, not too mention that it is just easier to configure.

Thanks in advance.

*EDIT*
Actually, I've now seen some posts where others have asked. So I guess the question is not "does it work with DVB Dream", more like...CAN IT STILL be configured to work with DVB Dream. You mentioned that it worked with an alpha version of xltv, but you stopped supporting it. Just want to know. Currently I'm able to change channels, start/stop instant recording, mute, change volume, and setup some buttons to automatically take me to specific channels...but now I'm trying to figure out how to better integrate the EPG into the mix...without creating a bunch of work...especially if it has already been done.
Marbles_00

Postby badubo on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:04 am

Hello,
sorry, I only see your post now.

Unfortunately, I completely removed the DVB Dream part of the code, this app was (at the date I wrote xltv) too difficult to control and was very unstable.
badubo

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:21 pm

Will xltv work with ProgDVB version 5? If not, how hard would it be to update it? Currently I'm using 4.56 (I think that's right), and I find it is overscanning...and I haven't been able to find a setting to adjust it. I tried 4.9 and it kept on crashing (outside of xlobby/xltv...so I know those aren't the problem). I found that version 5 has a nice OSD by default, and is very configurable.

Also, maybe I missed it, is there a way to show the entire EPG, without creating a favorites list. Or to switch back to the full EPG after its been changed to show a favorites list?

Great plugin by the way.
Marbles_00

Postby badubo on Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Will xltv work with ProgDVB version 5?

I don't know because actually I haven't a DVB card any more. Did you test? If it doesn't work, I can check if it is possible, the main problem with progdvb is that they change very often the interfaces.

Also, maybe I missed it, is there a way to show the entire EPG, without creating a favorites list.

No, because favorites are the bases of xltv (they are containers of channels) but you can always create only one favorite containing all channels in the order you want, then it will act as a "full" EPG
badubo

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:16 pm

Yeah, xltv couldn't connect with version 5 and display the channel list in the config screen. Nor could it control and open prog in window mode.
Marbles_00

Postby badubo on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:34 pm

ok, so, I propose that you configure (mainly find channels) with progdvb in standalone and you zip the content of the directory and post it somewhere, so that I can analyse the new format of the dba
badubo

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Actually badubo,

I dropped the idea of using V5 as I haven't been able to successfully get channels to display at all. I've made a channel list after scanning, but from there, they don't seem to get picked up. I've even left it overnight, and it still does not do anything.

Right now the big issue I have with the plugin is that I can't seem to get the EPG to display for each favorite group. I don't know where I'm going wrong, but the EPG is downloading, and if I go to the EPG text box, and select my xmltv.xml file, I can display the guide for my whole entire channel selection, yet favorite categories/databases don't seem to bring up any EPG info (yet the channels are displayed).

Outside of the plugin, I'm not terribly happy with ProgDVB. It seems to be missing channels in its channel scan, that DVB Dream picks up fine. I also like the picture quality of DVB Dream better...I know it is all in the codec selection, which DVB Dream seems to offer more user control here as well. I also find that Prog is terribly overscanning my picture, where all other software (Zoom, TheaterTek, MPC, and DVB Dream) are playing fine.

It would be neat if you could develop this to work with DVB Dream, but understand your difficulties without owning a proper card to test with.

I'm currently thinking of going back to use DVB Dream, and create a bunch of individual events for favorite channels, and somehow incorporate the EPG (not sure how though).

Thanks for actually taking any time to look into this....this is why I've always said "The French Team Rocks" :)
Marbles_00

Postby lar282 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:11 am

have u tried mediaportal? they released RC1 of the tvserver now and I will upload the new media soon including new plugin....

//Lasse
lar282

Previous