kXd -- kX Project driver control plugin via PervTalk

Xlobby plugin development

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:03 am

Yeah mine is working now. It turned out not to be bug at all, but this infamous case issue. Happens with other plugins too. Check if it is same thing in your case. Especially check your event which is responsible for setting the overlay, it turned out that i had capital letter there and it caused the porblem when screen was used as overlay. I think it is good practise just to stick with lowercase letters on screennames.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:19 am

Marbles,

Did waiting longer at startup remedy the offline situation? Did u witness effect of fades on kX registers running some of your fades just with standalone kXd? Which version of kXd are u running? what about xPerT? Mayby u could show us your autorun.ini and default.ini and texts fields and ID fields of those bars?

"Does not compute" is something which xPerT replies when something is wrong... could be anything so its really hard to say anything based on that.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:01 pm

Yeah...ton of problems here. Where to start...I've been mostly just trying to get the command line kXd issue resolved:

At first I realized that I was copying over a corrupted version of kXd. The version I copied recently from your server, I placed in a different location. The version I'm using is .91...the one that can be used standalone.

Now when I type in the command line this:
Code: Select all
kXd Aux Front default 0 1000 500
it crashes and ask to send a report to microsoft. It doesn't matter if a change the values...it will still crash. I'm pretty sure the syntax is correct as if I take value out, it give back a runtime error.

The default.ini file I'm using is your fade one. I went through it and noticed a bunch of extra spaces were added at the end of each line when I copied it over into notepad, so I took them out.

Xpert issue is still there, but I haven't looked at it any more until I get the kXd issue resolved. Strange thing here is that it loads up Pervhub...but I have a feeling now that it is because I haven't created my autorun.ini file yet. That's the only thing I can think of.

Good thing is that today I have off of work so it will hopefully give me a chance to play more.

Versions:
kXd .91
Xpert .9 or whatever the latest you give
PervHub, again the latest from your server.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:40 pm

Crashing of standalone is because it doesnt tolerate spaces on fadenames. But simply parses commandline as there would be one parameter more. So u need to replace it with forexample Aux_Front, also into default.ini file.

Fact that xpert loads up pervhub is ok... that is supposed to happen... autorun.ini files specifies devices to be load when pervhub is broight up, so after uve defined kXd there, everything should be brought up when XL is loaded... im pretty sure that it is actually ok... and offline value was just due to slow pairing.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Well that would make sense. So now this is what the default.ini looks like:
Aux_Front:0:2:0x8002
Comp_Front:0:2:0x8003
Aux_Center/Sub:0:3:0x8002
Comp_Center/Sub:0:3:0x8003
Aux_Rear:0:4:0x8002
Comp_Rear:0:4:0x8003
FadeToAux{
Aux_Front:1000
Aux_Center/Sub:1000
Aux_Rear:1000
Comp_Front:0
Comp_Center/Sub:0
Comp_Rear:0
}
FadeToComp{
Aux_Front:0
Aux_Center/Sub:0
Aux_Rear:0
Comp_Front:1000
Comp_Center/Sub:1000
Comp_Rear:1000
}

My mixers are [2], [3], and [4]

And this is the command I'm typing in:
kxd Aux_Front default 0 100 0

My mixers are at full gain, so this should take the one in mixer register [2] to zero...right?
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:My mixers are at full gain, so this should take the one in mixer register [2] to zero...right?

Actually no. That is not alias for fade, only fades can be called in stand alone mode. So u need to use FadeToComp instead if u wanna set that register to zero... of course it also sets those other registers...

however u can ofcourse define new fade like:

NewFade{
Aux_Front:0
}

to do that exact task.

really sorry... i also fail to notice before that u were using register alias instead of fadename.

then u could call something along lines

kXd NewFade default 0 10 10

i noticed u had 0 as last parameter (# of steps) and i have gut feeling kXd aint gonna like that...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:53 pm

WELL BLOW ME DRY, AND CALL ME DUSTY :!:

It works. Curious, is the time in seconds or in milliseconds? Most likely seconds, from what how I'm seeing the KX sliders changing over time.

Now onto the next step and get pervtalk working right.

Thanks for your help and patience P3rv.

*EDIT*
Does Xpert need to be placed in a seperate subdirectory within the plugin directory, or can it reside right in the plugin directory.
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Great. Now that uve seen that it can work... rest is prolly gonna be walk in park... passed the psychological barrier now :D

Yeah its in seconds.

EDIT i assume u mean PervHub, it should be placed either one of two directories mentioned in one post on xPerT thread (u can recognized right post from lengthy boldfaced warning). It really shouldnt be placed within XL plugin directory.

Incase u meant xPert.dll instead... that should be placed XL plugin directory without any subdirectory.
Last edited by P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:03 pm

Yeah...lost in translation. I'm kinda thick at times and need things spelt out to me :wink: .
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:WELL BLOW ME DRY, AND CALL ME DUSTY :!:

It works. Curious, is the time in seconds or in milliseconds? Most likely seconds, from what how I'm seeing the KX sliders changing over time.

Now onto the next step and get pervtalk working right.

Thanks for your help and patience P3rv.

*EDIT*
Does Xpert need to be placed in a seperate subdirectory within the plugin directory, or can it reside right in the plugin directory.

Glad you got it working. I have been monitoring this plugin for a while but been debating on if I can handle it.
Maybe you could make a basic setup tutorial like you did for the Basic KX DSP Setup post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you using this for, controlling individual volume in each zone??
scottw

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:06 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:Yeah...lost in translation. I'm kinda thick at times and need things spelt out to me :wink: .

Well i take great relief from fact that for potential future users i can just say: download zoneskin3 and see how it should be done 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:15 pm

Well i take great relief from fact that for potential future users i can just say: download zoneskin3 and see how it should be done

That's if you give me permission to include Pervhub and kXd executables in my install.

First things first...I have to get it all working.

Maybe you could make a basic setup tutorial like you did for the Basic KX DSP Setup post.

As for a tutorial...P3rv has done a good job documenting...it may just require some fine tuning for thick heads like me :wink: .
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:20 pm

I was joking and I am think headed too :lol:
The docs here are great and should be easier for people to setup once more people start using it.

Your doing a great job P3rv3rt B3ar
scottw

Postby scottw on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:22 pm

I assume this is still in Alpha stage right. If so, and if you need more, I would like to be a tester. I have a real need for this now.

You can email me at swindmiller at gmail dot com

Thanks,
scottw

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:28 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:That's if you give me permission to include Pervhub and kXd executables in my install.

That would ofcourse be fine, if it would be just about me, but kXd obviously uses some libraries of kX SDK.

As soon as kXd is out of alpha, ill release its souce, and actually i will only distribute source, and will let users to compile it by themself together with kX SDK, that way, i believe, i dont need to even take a look of that boring legal mumbo-jumbo included with SDK, cause i would only be distributing my own source.

Now if u or somebody else would like to distribute it as compiled to endusers, i dont really believe that there would be any greater complications but to include license agreement from kX SDK and prolly also my source. Its just i cant arse meself to read trough that... i mean i know better ways to waste my time :)

But like u said this is not exactly todays worries...
P3rv3rt B3ar

PreviousNext