Xmovewindow translation

Xlobby plugin development

Simple stuff (-:

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:51 pm

Rather than a long email - here is what I can't seem to accomplish (-:

To better understand the hooks here, I am simply using Qtips screen - unaltered. I am adding a new screen - kinda like he has done with his FullScreen, and ControlsPage - to put the Video in another area of the screen.

1 - I create a new blank screen - name it VIDEO_CHRIS
2 - I create a TextBox with plugin>XMoveWindow>Tmainform
3 - Then name the TectBox id something ... VIDEO CHRIS.

When I flip to the screen the video does not take presence on that page. Am I missing a fundamental step friends. Thanks guys

Chris
kolemieux

Postby badubo on Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:47 pm

1 First of all you cannot name your screen "VIDEO_CHRIS", '_' is used as a separator between 2 data in the ID. (screen and classname)

Call it videochris.xml (lower case !! why trying to complicate your life)

create a text zone, give it the correct size and position you want

2. As ID : put
videochris_Tmainform
that corresponds to screenname_windowclassnameofZP
3. As Display, put
plugin>XMoveWindow>Tmainform
that corresponds to plugin>XMoveWindow>windowclassnameofZP
badubo

Lock / Unlock ...

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:03 pm

Badubo / Qtips -

I suspect you've read my stupidity in the last several posts - and sorry for it - I am pounding my head trying so hard to understand this. I am just doing babysteps to understand the logic. Basic Screen with new portal. Then will move from there.

Are these commands below what I am missing. I don't seem them exercised in Q's skin so was thinking no - but I still must be missing a basic step along the way.

Thanks guys
Chris

badubo wrote:- register is actually not used, it's future purpose will be to allow to change the window of an ID :

example :

you create a zone with the ID and display with a "fake" window : myWindow, then with register you tell the plugin that myWindow is Zoomplayer or Media Player Classic. That allows the skins to be more generics

- Lock/Unlock with the window ID as argument (the one you put after screen_ in the text ID) allow to tell the plugin to always put this window to its container or not. usefull if you want to put zomplayer in fullscreen :
-unlock ZP
-Set ZP fullscreen
-use it
-Set ZP windowed
-Lock ZP
These feature is reseted each time you change the screen

-toggle "ID" is a switch calling unlock the first time then lock, ....
-showhide "ID" switch the window as visible (normal) then invisible (in fact put it in background). Works only if the window has a container in the current screen.
kolemieux

Update

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:15 pm

Thanks for your reply Badubo - Forget about my lock/unlock post - I typed it before your response.

I did what you said to the LETTER - and was VERY happy to see you reply. But I am still not getting there. I assume u've been working with Qtips skin - here is what I did.

1 - Created the screen EXACTLY as u stated.
2 - On QTips Video main screen, with the list and the little video window at the bottom - I added a button to navigate me to my new screen.
3 - I select a video to get it playing - all is good.
4 - I head back to his main Video Screen - the video playing is little on the bottom as it should be.
5 - I now press my button to take me to my new screen, but my new VideoBox does not play - his however seeps thru. So I have a blank screen with the little video window in the lower left.

This is what I have been struggling with?

Advice from the master....????

THanks a million - Chris

badubo wrote:1 First of all you cannot name your screen "VIDEO_CHRIS", '_' is used as a separator between 2 data in the ID. (screen and classname)

Call it videochris.xml (lower case !! why trying to complicate your life)

create a text zone, give it the correct size and position you want

2. As ID : put
videochris_Tmainform
that corresponds to screenname_windowclassnameofZP
3. As Display, put
plugin>XMoveWindow>Tmainform
that corresponds to plugin>XMoveWindow>windowclassnameofZP
kolemieux

Postby badubo on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:22 pm

For learning the basics, you don't need these methods.
They are for advanced use
Does the example above helps you?
badubo

Thanks Badubo

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:24 pm

Badubo

THANKS!!!!!! It was a typo on my end - a stupid mistake. U xplained the LOGIC exactly that I was looking for between the association with the screen and the ZP window and so forth. THANKS!!! for your patience and this means a ton to me.....

Now that I am close to a normal human (-; Can u tell me what progress u made with the ControlBar and if I should give it a shot - if u toss me a little guidance I would love to.

Thanks again VERY MUCH
Chris
kolemieux

Postby badubo on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:44 pm

I'm waiting for Qtips feedback

on my side, I can either
- force the controlbar in a zone text anywhere. (even outside the ZP screen). And show it always or on demand thanks to showhide method
- lets work in a traditional way like the OSD

if you want to test the first :

create a zone text as large as the control bar) and put :

1. As ID :
videochris_TControlForm.UnicodeClass

2. As Display,
plugin>XMoveWindow>TControlForm.UnicodeClass
badubo

Aspect ratio / Zoom...

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:50 pm

I've now gone to another skin which I use - and try to add in my ZP window but can't seem to get around this aspect ratio topic (or weird zooming of the upper left of the video player). I verified the .dll is the same, but when I launch the file within that skin the UpperLeft of the Video is played.

The super odd thing about this is when I use QTips skin, and or ZP standalone I don't have this issue.

Guys - is there anything specific to the launch - I even am using your startup events Qtips which have a /m flag.

Guys - anything on this one - I passed this in an earlieir post but wanted to get Step-1 comfy which I feel quite good about now.

This aspect ratio drove me bananas last night (-: Not sure how to fix it. Q - Have u run into this?

Thanks
Chris
kolemieux

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:02 pm

I am gonnna give it a try (THANKS for the tips...)

Badubo - can u try a resh skin - or one u have, and tell me if u see the image in ZP issue I am mentioning. If I stick only within Qtips skin - I am pretty fine - but something odd seems to be causing this and does not seem like a ZP param as it works fine solo - and the only thing I see him pass to it on load is /m

Q seemed to be seeing something kinda like this in one of his posts....

?

For now I can't add this to another skin because of this but would have to build the other stuff I have into and around QTips skin unless I can figure this one out.

Thanks kindly

badubo wrote:I'm waiting for Qtips feedback

on my side, I can either
- force the controlbar in a zone text anywhere. (even outside the ZP screen). And show it always or on demand thanks to showhide method
- lets work in a traditional way like the OSD

if you want to test the first :

create a zone text as large as the control bar) and put :

1. As ID :
videochris_TControlForm.UnicodeClass

2. As Display,
plugin>XMoveWindow>TControlForm.UnicodeClass
kolemieux

A finding - not solution

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:11 pm

Here is what seems to fix (reset it) but I need to figure out how to do this within the skin.

If while the Skin is up and running, and the Video is playing in its portal in ZP (but just showing a piece of the clip), and I manage to RIGHT-CLICK on the ZP app at the bottom of the screen, RESET-WINDOW-POSITION fixes this.

Now I just need to figure how QTips is doing this within his skin but is a step towards hope. It has to be in the playback or load of ZoomPlayer.

Just an update.
Chris
kolemieux

Postby QTips on Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:54 am

Just a quick answer before I go to work...
I haven't tried to get the controlbar yet but OSD only.
When using it zoomplayer gets focus insted of zoomplayer

I have done many cools things with databases for selecting different videolibrarys yesterday.I will update tonight
QTips

(-:

Postby kolemieux on Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:56 am

And I await.....

Thanks much Qtips.... Any update in draft?
kolemieux

Postby badubo on Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:33 am

When using it zoomplayer gets focus insted of zoomplayer

I guess you mean "instead of xlobby"

Such issue is due to the way windows manages the display of popup windows... Unfortunatly, you (and I ) can do about nothing for such issue. It's not "logical" in the window environment that a window has got the focus if it is below anothers...
badubo

Postby QTips on Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:54 pm

I must have been tired :) I mean xlobby looses focus
I think I wait for badubo updates xmovewindow with separate show/hide commands before I update my skin.Then it would work more flawless
QTips

QTips...

Postby kolemieux on Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:02 pm

Sounds fine - I have been working like mad on integrating this into a skin combo I use which is largely yours Q ....

If u don't mind - u could send me the screen updates to mailto:ckolibab@hotmail.com

I understand if you want to wait - but would love to see them. You are several steps ahead of me with the inner workings of this tremendous find........ TREMENDOUS. So now that I have the video working, am looking for what xtras u may have tossed in.

Badubo - thanks a ton.

Chris
kolemieux

PreviousNext