TVMan: TV Episode Database Importer

Xlobby plugin development

Postby abobader on Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:12 am

Hi Jarrod,

Very lovely how the program handle the tv series, well done.

I notice, it did not pull up the info for the "Star" (actor) and the most important the "Star Guest" (guest actors), I recheck the database it build, nothing there, is this by design? If yes, can this be requested for the next build?

My best.
abobader

Postby Jarrod on Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:28 am

Sure I can add that, shouldn't be too much hassle.
Jarrod

Postby abobader on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:57 pm

Hi Jarrod,

I have naming problem when the program "Span episodes" for iso.

It give the iso files a name like "01x05 .?" or like "02x11 . plot".

Also it give that "01x05 .?" name to the some avi if I use the option "delete episode"

Another issue as sorting and numbering, as example:

I have episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, after I remove the one I do not have and rematch the episodes wit hthe program, result will be:

It will number them as: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

My best.
Last edited by abobader on Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
abobader

Postby abobader on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:17 pm

abobader wrote:It give the iso files a name like "01x05 .?" or like "02x11 . plot".

Also it give that "01x05 .?" name to the some avi if I use the option "delete episode"
My best.

Sorry, the correct giving name like "01x05 - .avi" for above example.

My best.
abobader

Postby Jarrod on Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:23 am

OK, sounds like I got a few more bugs to track down! I'll do my best to get it done ASAP, but got some 'real' work to finish first :wink:
Jarrod

Postby cinOxen on Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:56 pm

I love this program. It works great for me. The only problem is it doesn't run on my htpc so I have to find and replace the path in the xml file.

The log file doesn't catch the error. The .net error is here.

One feature request would be if the import script used jpgs found in the folders if it couldn't find one at tv.com.

Great program though, thanks!
cinOxen

Postby kjheu on Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:52 pm

I run into a problem using TVMan. The program gives me an the folowing error log when seaching for "The Office"

Code: Select all
[9/17/2006 6:47:06 PM] Started TVMan...
[9/17/2006 6:47:22 PM] System.ArgumentException: '-1133089064' is not a valid value for 'start'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.Select(Int32 start, Int32 length)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectionLength(Int32 value)
   at TVMan.SelectShow.AddShow(String showName)
   at TVMan.mainForm.StartImport()

It works great for other shows that I have, but not for The Office. Any suggestions?
kjheu

Postby Jarrod on Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:02 am

Im not sure why you are getting that error when searching for 'The Office'. I have that in my list also and it works fine. I could not find any reason in my code that it would be happening. Perhaps its a bug that got fixed in my latest version without me even noticing :)

Give the latest version a try.
Jarrod

Postby Jarrod on Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:11 am

New version released: v0.4

New in this version:
- Added feature to use existing jpg for show coverart when one cannot be found on epguides.com. This will happen by default
- Added ability to define custom regex's for getting any information you like available from tv.com episode summary page. Simply add the regex and give the regex group, eg. (?<namehere>) a unique name. The data will be saved in the output XML file under the group name and will be available for display in Xlobby by using a variable such as tv>category>plot. The new settings.xml file will have plot, star, guest star and recurring role by default, but you can add/remove entries as you desire.

Bug Fixes:
- File renaming now works correctly when capitalising single word episode titles.
- Hopefully fixed the bug as mentioned by cin0xen. Please let me know if it works on your HTPC now. Its a hard bug to track because it doesnt show up on any of my computers.
- Episode numbering is now working from my tests. Thanks for pointing that one out abobader!

ToDo: (still...)
- Add feature to do an update scan and full scan
- Add feature to download stills
Jarrod

Postby abobader on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:49 am

Hi Jarrod,

Many thanks for the time you putting on this lovely program, well done.

Still facing one problem, as it kept renaming the iso file to the first episode name, example:

I have Seinfeld season 2, 4 ISO files as:

01 - Seinfeld S02D01.iso
02 - Seinfeld S02D02.iso

etc ...

As that ISO file have like 4 or 6 episodes on it, the problem, it will name it like this:

02x01 - The Ex-Girlfriend.iso

As this happend when "Span episodes" to one iso file, as I reported before.

Can I make suggestion for this if that posssible: to not rename the "iso" file.

My best.
abobader

Postby Jarrod on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:03 am

Ahh, I understand what you are saying now.
Not renaming ISO files would be the easiest solution, but I also have some avi files which span episodes so I will see if I can come up with another solution.
Jarrod

Postby GFORCE on Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:40 am

'TV Man was unable to download the information from the internet'

I am not firewalled or have any internet security software and obviously i have internet
GFORCE

Postby Jarrod on Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:55 am

What are you doing when that error comes up?
If TVMan has access to the internet it still might show that error when cancelling a scan or something like that.

Was anything written to the log.txt file in the TVMan directory?
Jarrod

Postby szsori on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:20 pm

Jarrod,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up on another database you could interface. It's currently available at http://tvdb.zsori.com. The frontend will be hosted there indefinitely, and we should soon have at least 4 mirrors of the data set up around the world (1 in Sweden, 1 in UK, 2 in US). The goal of it is to have a central location where all of the different HTPC software and plugins can access tv show information without having to scrape the different show websites.

This database is currently only being used by the Meedio plugin, meeTVshows, which has a few hundred users (around 20-25 people actively updating data). However, Media Portal and another more popular program (they asked me to keep it confidential until they make a final decision... not as large as MCE, but larger than Meedio and Media Portal combined) may soon be using the database as well.

It has an XML interface that I can send you the specifications for. Also, many shows and seasons have custom artwork that can be used in skins and screenfiles (look at 24 for an example). The frontend code and database schema will soon be open sourced on sourceforge and access to the XML interfaces is completely open.

There are a few simple requirements that I'm asking developers to follow, but the primary one is the mirror request. If you're don't have anyone that could host a mirror, I'd be happy to waive that requirement until you could get one set up eventually.

Finally, keep in mind this is a work in progress. There are many people already using the database, but we're continually running across bugs. The site has only been live for a few days, but most of the bugs are already worked out. I'd expect it should be 100% stable within a week.

If you have any questions, please let me know. You can email me at mailto:scott-tvdb@zsori.com. I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the forums I have to visit, but I'll try swinging in here too. :) If you decide not to use this database, that's fine, I just wanted to offer it up just in case.
szsori

Postby Necro on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:03 am

Any update on the 'update only new' option?

And would it be possible to have this just run an automated update nightly?
Necro

PreviousNext