Thin client LCD monitor?

Speak your mind

Thin client LCD monitor?

Postby rembetis on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:19 pm

Hello,

What are the odds that I could run Xlobby as a thin client on this ebay monitor? I'm not really familiar with thin client monitors...

(I have an email into the seller for more info, I'm just looking for educated guesses at this point).

Thanks.
rembetis

Re: Thin client LCD monitor?

Postby rembetis on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:32 pm

Never mind. It won't meet my needs for other reasons, but perhaps someone else here could use one...
rembetis

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:35 pm

What are some of the limitations you found for your needs. I suppose the only way to connect to an xnet server is via web browser..which is sluggish enough on its own.
Marbles_00

Postby rembetis on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:17 pm

I forgot that I was trying to run a serial-based touchscreen controller as well.

p.s. this is all in an effort to finally get my zoning setup going. Since I'll be using one or two of those BMG amps, just like in your setup, I may be coming to you with a few questions... :wink:
rembetis

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:28 pm

I may be coming to you with a few questions

Yeah, no problems. Anytime I can help fellow xlobbiers out.
Marbles_00

Postby billberet on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:22 pm

If you need a good client screen
for my thin clients, i used a TFT LCD touch screen ($242) cheap, and works GREAT
10.4" display, then i use vga extender over cat5 by KVM, simple wall plate, plug in and go.

OK here comes my $.2 from the peanut gallery,

now when you guys talk about zoning.
are you referring to each fat client being it's own zone?

the way i'm currently setup, i have the server with all the music.
2 fat clients that connect thru xnet to a central server.
when i play music on one fatclient, i use the audio out from the fat client pc to speakers in that room.
is that considered a zone?

or

should there be one server, and all the music goes from the server to all the speakers in the house directly.
does anyone happen to have a schematic on how they have their layout. showing routers, amps, speakers, etc.
pictures are worth a thousand words :)
billberet

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:38 pm

should there be one server, and all the music goes from the server to all the speakers in the house directly.
does anyone happen to have a schematic on how they have their layout. showing routers, amps, speakers, etc.
pictures are worth a thousand words

BINGO! to your first sentence...in my setup. Others use your senario 1. The problem with senario 1, using a windows based system is that you will never achieve true audio sync between zones...and yes, your setup is considered 2 zones...three if you access the server as well.

Ummm...as for your second request...I guess you haven't check out my google pages site that I have dedicated toward multi-zoning using a xlobby server? Check out my google sites via link in my signature.
Marbles_00

Postby billberet on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:04 pm

i'm going over your pages now.
looks like i got some configuring to do.
:)
billberet