Only text listing of movies in KISS and HM3

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Only text listing of movies in KISS and HM3

Postby sonofdbn on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:44 pm

I've recently started playing around with Xlobby and have been trying the KISS and Heavy Metal 3 skins. I'm sure I'm making some newbie mistake, but here's what happens: in the default skin when I list all the movies (e.g. via Show All) I see all the thumbnails (i.e. cover art).

However, when I use KISS or HM3 and click Movies, I don't see the thumbnails, only a text listing (in a very small font). When I click on the text entry, I then see the individual cover art (as expected). What should I do to see the same type of thumbnail listing as the default skin (and the same as what is shown in the skins' sample screens)?
sonofdbn

Postby BaddaBing on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:06 pm

First step, did you follow the install instructions in the read me that comes with each skins and have you made sure you have the latest XL exe's?

HeavyMetal: http://www.xlobby.com/files/badabing/files/READ_ME/READ_ME_FIRST.htm
KISS: http://www.xlobby.com/files/badabing/files/Baddabings_Guide.pdf
BaddaBing

Postby Colby on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:33 pm

I have noticed on some imports of new skins, that the categorys are not displayed how they should be. On these pages where you want thumbnails, open the skin editor (pause/break) and clik the category tab, select the categoy (yellow outlined box) on the screen. adjust the category to default missing, or default all and the spacing and colums etc. to your specific needs.
Colby

Postby sonofdbn on Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:09 pm

My apologies - it seems the problem is indeed with an old xlobby2.exe. Turns out I should have updated to the latest exe, although in my defence I thought I was being prudent by not installing the "experimental version" which should be "used with caution" :)
sonofdbn