XLTV not displaying the EPG

Xlobby plugin development

XLTV not displaying the EPG

Postby tcj2001 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:23 pm

Badobo,

I have a XLTV setup for Mytheatre, I have created the favorites in XLTV for the channels imported from Mytheatre. The EPG page shows all the Channel of the selected Favorite, but it does not show the EPG data for any channel.

I copied a XMLTV xml and renamed it the XML created by XLTV, it then shows the EPG, this leads me to the conclusion that the XLTV is not generating the XML for the favorites in the fasion needed by XLOBBY.

Please can you suggest me what could be wrong in my setup.

If any body got it working please let me know how.
tcj2001

Postby hvs69 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:31 pm

After a lot of banging against the wall, I got EPG working with xltv.

I currently have only one favorite which lists ALL the channels. It seems to be working fine. xltv is generating good xml file on my setup.

I am assuming that you are establishing one-to-one correlation between your xmltv data and MT channels in XLTV configuration setup.

Do you have problems if you create more than one favorites ?

If so, I can try to replicate the situation on my setup and let you know.

I am also using MT, BTW.
hvs69

Postby tcj2001 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:51 pm

currently I have two favorites having 10 channels each.

what u mean by
"establishing one-to-one correlation between your xmltv data and MT channels in XLTV configuration setup"

These are the steps i followed
1. XLTV allows first to import all MT channels into XLTV in the Tuner TAB
2. In the Channel TAB it list all XMLTV channel group, i dont do any thing here
3 In the favorites TAB create favorite list from the imported MT channel

Am I doing something wrong
tcj2001

Postby hvs69 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:39 am

tcj2001 wrote:currently I have two favorites having 10 channels each.

what u mean by
"establishing one-to-one correlation between your xmltv data and MT channels in XLTV configuration setup"

These are the steps i followed
1. XLTV allows first to import all MT channels into XLTV in the Tuner TAB
2. In the Channel TAB it list all XMLTV channel group, i dont do any thing here

You need to do something here 8)
On the left hand side you see all the channels from xmltv data. On the right side you should see MT channels after you select the channel list from the pulldown menu.

The xltv plugin does not know which MT channel is related to the corresponding xmltv channel. So you establish the relationship by selecting the matching channels from each side and then CLICKING the ARROW Button in the middle. When you click the button, you should see the box above init string getting filled with data. REMEMBER that you need to do this for EVERY MT Channel. You may also select appropriate LOGO by clicking on the square box at the bottom right corner. Don't forget to click on the SAVE LST button to save your changes.

I think this was your problem. It should work after you follow these steps
hvs69