Xlobby Freeware Skins

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Xlobby Freeware Skins

Postby Marbieskarb on Fri May 14, 2010 7:35 am

I was wondering if it was possible for the album viewer playlist controls as well as the playlist editing controls to be added in skins while using Xlobby freeware? I see that on none of the skins created for Xlobby freeware have those present. But, on the new version of Xlobby the skins have those present.

If so, I would love to see those options added to Jowaldo's skin, Dragon's skin, and Marbles_00 skins. This would work much better while using a touchscreen.

Here are screens of what I mean:

By marbieskarb

By marbieskarb

Thanks
Marbieskarb

Re: Xlobby Freeware Skins

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 pm

I can't speak for the other skins, but ZS5 has what I think your asking for if I'm understanding you correctly. There may still be a bug, but I think it is in the thin client. Also, not having a touchscreen, I'm can't say how things behave using a device like that.

Sorry for the pics, I don't have more recent ones, and I extrapolated the images from the ZS5 manual. In the playlist screen next to each track you can move it up/down or remove the track from the playlist. In the track selection screen, you can play or add a track to the playlist. Then down under the main player controls, you can play an album (over-writing the existing playlist), or add the entire album to the current list.
Attachments
trackselection.PNG
Track screen
playlist.PNG
Playlist screen
Marbles_00

Postby Marbieskarb on Fri May 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Yeah, that is somewhat what I was looking for in the music view. In the playlist view thats pretty much exactly what I was looking for, I will have to try that skin out. If you look at the images I have posted, next to each track there is a "play" "queue" and "playlist status" button. Those "play" and "queue" buttons help when using a touch screen so you don't have to press the button to either "play" or "queue" before pressing the track you want to play and on some other skins when you select the track a context sensitive menu pops up asking whether you want to play or queue the track. With those buttons you can seamlessly queue or play tracks.

Thanks for the info.
Marbieskarb

Postby Marbieskarb on Fri May 21, 2010 7:52 am

Just tried that suggested skin out and that is pretty much what I'm looking for. I just wish I had the talent to integrate that into the skins that I most commonly use (Jowaldo's Skin/Dragon Skin.) I've tried, but I'm not very good with xml.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
Marbieskarb

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri May 21, 2010 10:33 am

I've tried, but I'm not very good with xml.

Actually, I was the same way back yonder. But take something like the main menu screen, usually screen xml's are in the main "skin" directory, so if you look for the menu.xml, or main.xml (you can always find the screen name from the skin editor), you can get a good understanding of the information presented in the xml. Eventually, you will realize how things are done more and more.

What's neat too, is that once you start to understand it, you can look at almost any other program that uses xml, and feel comfortable editing the information.

Just keep practicing, you'll catch on to it before you know it.
Marbles_00