Zoom Player and KISS problems

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby Nugs on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:20 pm

I am very new to the Xlobby thing (2nd day) and I am very confused on what exactly it is suppose to do when you correctly have Zoom Player configured with X Lobby. When I click play on a movie it opens XPLAyer and plays it full screen fine, but when i exit it stops playing and you see the shrunk Xplayer window. Also the Kiss skin has a naviagation bar at the bottom of the movie screen that does not work. It seems like I should somehow be able to see that screen at the bottom when a movie is playing and be able to use it to fast forward and such. Is this correct and if so what am I doing wrong???

Also is there any special config you have to do to get the radio to work? When I click on a station it either times out or does nothing??

Thanks everyone for the help
Nugs

Postby lpg on Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:33 am

Are you running zoomplayer in full screen mode? Once you exit Zoomplayer focus should be returned to xLobby and it should be in the state you left it.

To get things rolling when I started I used the default skin to set every thing up then I tried different skins until I found one I liked. Also start with the xlobby2.exe version the current experimental version has some bugs in it.

As for the radio are you using winamp?
lpg

Postby Nugs on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:46 am

I am using the xlobby2. I do have zoomplayer running in full screen mode (while I am using the /f in the command line so I am assuming this switches it full screen and it launches fine then to get back to xlobby i press escape and the video stops playing and switches to a small screen mode.

As for the radio I am using winamp and it works fine for the music, just none of the radio stations work.

Regards
Nugs

Re: Zoom Player and KISS problems

Postby lpg on Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:27 am

Nugs wrote: i press escape and the video stops playing and switches to a small screen mode.

I think esc is where the problem is at. alt-x exits zoomplayer and thus returns focus back to xLobby. I tried esc just now and it did different things everytime I pressed it. The other way to exit is to press the right mouse button and select it from the menu. Once you get things working you can add ir-remote control to exit with a press of the button. if you look at the events when you press F2 in xlobby you can see the supported commands for zoomplayer.

Nugs wrote:As for the radio I am using winamp and it works fine for the music, just none of the radio stations work.

Which version of winamp are you using? I reverted to a 2.4 version because of problems I was having with 5.0. Also hvae you tried the stations outside of xlobby to make sure they work?

I ended up going to the shoutcast stations because I could not find a good source for the music I wanted from an internet station.

Finally check out pandora it is a real interesting music service that is free.

Larry
lpg

Winamp

Postby Nugs on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:38 pm

I believe I have found the reason for the radio stations when i try to pull them up in winamp it says the requested server is full... Possiable many of these radio stations are simply to busy most of the time. I will go out and look for winamp version 2.4 right now I am currently running 5.31 and that also may play a role in this problem.

I did figure out you could press alt x to exit zoomplayer. I just wasnt sure if that was the correct way it was suppose to work. So I guess I am having fewer problems that I can control than I thought.

Thanks for the reply
Nugs

Postby lpg on Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:50 am

You should take a look at the xShoucast plugin:

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4574&highlight=xshoutcast

It allows you to specify the type of music and the number of stations to download. It works great. You may have to change the radio skin to display the stations the way you want them.
lpg

Postby Nugs on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:53 pm

LPG:

Thank you for the reply and I will definately take a look at the Plugin and see what I think.

Regards
Nugs