kXd -- kX Project driver control plugin via PervTalk

Xlobby plugin development

Postby scalt on Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:15 am

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:
And here is command for button which increases register value with 10% of full value.
Code: Select all
xPerT

Delegate

kX driver;Set;Aux Front>[[!instant!xPerT>Precise>kX driver>Aux Front]+100]

Notice use of Precise instead of Variable, that is because this is command so value needs to be fetched right away. Also notice use of arithmetics, they ve been added to xPerT now, if u wanna decrease value just replace '+' with '-'

As usual report me how it works...

EDIT: oops latter command was left little short, edited it to right one.

Ok, so I finally got around to trying this out as I'm doing my PPC screens.

I tried 2 different commands. The first one makes kXd.exe crash, the second does nothing...

First one where I simply substituted "Aux Front" for "Den". This makes the instance of kXd that __doesn't__ have the "Den" alias crash. Aside from that, it works.
kX driver;Set;Den>[[!instant!xPerT>Precise>kX driver>Den]+100]

In the second one, I replaced "kX driver" for Card1, as I had done for many other things, but it doesn't do anything!
Card1;Set;Den>[[!instant!xPerT>Precise>Card1>Den]+100]

Basically, what needs to be done is make this command compatible with a setup using multiple instances of kXd
scalt

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:24 am

scalt,

What I ended up trying and it works is to make an invisible .png file for every 10% of the bar (approx two bar squares), and define a event to them with a kXd command to take the volume directly to that point. I outlined the concept in an earlier post. Only thing is that it makes your .ini file large and your event list pretty big as well...but it works.

Here is an example of the .ini file:

FadeLivingroomMute{
Livingroom:0
}
FadeLivingroom10{
Livingroom:100
}
FadeLivingroom20{
Livingroom:200
}
FadeLivingroom30{
Livingroom:300
}
FadeLivingroom40{
Livingroom:400
}
FadeLivingroom50{
Livingroom:500
}
FadeLivingroom60{
Livingroom:600
}
FadeLivingroom70{
Livingroom:700
}
FadeLivingroom80{
Livingroom:800
}
FadeLivingroom90{
Livingroom:900
}
FadeLivingroom100{
Livingroom:1000
}
FadeLivingroomMax{
Livingroom:1000
}

Here is the event code for the above commands:
<name>livingroom max</name>
- <commands>
- <command>
  <type>plugin</type>
  <execute>command</execute>
  <parameter>xPerT</parameter>
  <parameter>Delegate</parameter>
  <parameter>kX driver;Slide;FadeLivingroomMax>1>2</parameter>
  </command>
  </commands>
  </event>
- <event>
  <name>livingroom mute</name>
- <commands>
- <command>
  <type>plugin</type>
  <parameter>kX driver;Slide;FadeLivingroomMute>1>2</parameter>
  </command>
  </commands>
  </event>
- <event>
  <name>livingroom10</name>
- <commands>
- <command>
  <type>plugin</type>
  <parameter>kX driver;Slide;FadeLivingroom10>1>2</parameter>
  </command>
  </commands>
  </event>

To get the 20% to 100% segments as defined in the .ini file, is just to replace the livingroom10 event and command with the appropriate increment. The FadeLivingroomMute and Max are associated to buttons to take the volume automatically to one extreme or the other.

The resulting picture looks like this (note the dotted line around the first two squares to represent 10%):

If I recall, I think I tried your first example as for if only using 1 card, it works. I tried to add a dummy module in the KX DSP and address each zone to it, it worked kinda, but when changing volume to one zone, changed volume to all the zones associated with the same dummy module.

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:53 pm

scalt wrote:

Ok, so I finally got around to trying this out as I'm doing my PPC screens.

I tried 2 different commands. The first one makes kXd.exe crash, the second does nothing...

Yes, this is all due to two bugs uself have reported ages ago. It seems that using pervtalk aliases is not working properly, meaning in that case nothing happens. And using first name "kXdriver", doesnt work cause other instance which doesnt have that particular fade/register will crash, cause it doesnt do input validation (simple stupid bug).

Now workaround for this problem... i have tested it myself and should work. Is the same idea u had with fades. U need to make dummy register, just one unconnected stereomixer to both DSPs and route all register aliases meant for other card to that dummy mixer.

EDIT: after reading marbles post... yes feedback from dummy plugins might be a problem when using this strategy. So i guess as much dummy plugins as there is real ones on other card is needed. and dummy modules have to be initially set on same value as corresponding real one. Well good thing is this is easy bug to fix, when i finally get around it. Marbles pretty slick PPC skin there.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:39 pm

Marbles,

I've had a hard time following what's not working with your setup exactly? What's stopping you from using the graphic bars directly?

Aside from some sporadic pervhub crashes when I start XLobby and my new found bug with the Volume + and Volume -, everything works properly.

Here's my main screen with the graphical bars

Here are my PPC screens (they aren't completely done, but I should be able to make it work). First screen I start by selecting the source, then on the second, I select the zone. On the second screen I can also control the volumes. The little "refresh" icon in the top right doesn't actually do anything. It's more of a spot to tap the PPC screen to refresh the values since the thin client doesn't update automatically when the volume changes.
scalt

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

scalt:
Wow!!! Your zone screen looks great!!!

Would it be possible to send me your zone_screen.xml along with your zone_events.xml so I can use it as an example to get started?

This is what I have so far...I want to be able to select a source then either select a room on the floor plan or column to the right. I think I am on the right track.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:18 pm

Maybe that was the problem, the screen wasn't updating to show any changes before...don't know, but it works great now, updates are shown instantly when pressing any location of the bars, no probs here.

Scalt, have you tried controlling thing on a true PPC? I see that those shots are right off the server. I had no problems myself with running things from the server. Problems occured when trying to run right off the PPC. I mentioned those things to P3rv a while back and opted for the route outlined above. Things are smooth now.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 pm

Wow we have some nice looking skins here!!!!

sharp_1 wrote:scalt:

Would it be possible to send me your zone_screen.xml along with your zone_events.xml so I can use it as an example to get started?

I would not mind seeing this as well. I have mine setup but had to hack it a bit and I think I have mine setup to be way more complicated than it needs to be. Seeing someone else's may help me to simplify it a bit. That is also why I want to see Marbles' skin once he is done, not rushing you Marbles :D
scottw

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:40 pm

Very cool skins there Scalt, especially nice to see graphics bar put in use 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:53 pm

B3ar,

Just to be sure, as of right now, my only solution to making the Vol+ and Vol- working is to add dummy modules in the DSP and add them to the ini files?

That is, until you fix the aliases, correct?
scalt

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:24 pm

scalt wrote:B3ar,

Just to be sure, as of right now, my only solution to making the Vol+ and Vol- working is to add dummy modules in the DSP and add them to the ini files?

That is, until you fix the aliases, correct?

Yes with two cards, i believe that is the situation currently.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:06 pm

Well, I just tried adding 3 dummy "St Vol" modules and adding them to the aliases.

It "works" but not properly. This is due to the fact that my graphical bars send the information to the "Card1" alias and the volume buttons to the "kx driver" alias...so the Card1 send it only to 1 card, and the kx driver to both..which makes it so the different modules stop being in sync. When that happens, it can lead to negative volume levels and pervhub crashes :(

I guess i'll have to put that part of my skin on pause until you get around to fixing this. Don't feel presured though...still got lots of other things to do with my skin..haven't even gotten around to video and tv yet!
scalt

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:52 pm

So what u r telling is "card1" alias actually works? interesting. i was under impression that pervtalk aliases didnt work... hehe im totally confused now :lol:

Well now we need to find out in which situations pervtalk aliases work and in which they do not... its gonna help to locate that bug.

Yeah i only tested that workaround with small nonrealworld example so... well im sorry...

What comes to kXd input validation bugs, they both are very easy to fix, once i get display problem cleared away, and i did found suitable screen today, and im thinking to place the order next week... so the wait might not be terribly long.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:47 am

Well it works for the graphical bars, but I believe that's pretty much it. For the fades...it's not that much of a problem because the workaround is so simple (adding the fades for both cards..).
scalt

Postby scalt on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:31 pm

scottw wrote:Wow we have some nice looking skins here!!!!

sharp_1 wrote:scalt:

I would not mind seeing this as well. I have mine setup but had to hack it a bit and I think I have mine setup to be way more complicated than it needs to be. Seeing someone else's may help me to simplify it a bit. That is also why I want to see Marbles' skin once he is done, not rushing you Marbles :D

scottw and sharp_1 :

Do you want me to post them here or send them to you by e-mail?
scalt

Postby scottw on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:41 pm

Whatever is easier for you but posting for download may help others as well.
scottw

PreviousNext