media player for new xlobby

Help each other out

media player for new xlobby

Postby nrj0122 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:16 pm

does the xlobby media player that comes with the new xlobby version (calrad) play a majority of the video files out there? Or can you alter it, like you can for zoomplayer-define what video files it will open... I use zoomplayer because I can open mpeg, vob, video_ts, ---dvd type files, but wouldn't mind using the new media player within xlobby if I can do this.

thanks
nrj0122

Re: media player for new xlobby

Postby jowaldo on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:29 pm

This is kinda a generic answer (I wouldn't be able to give you all the details) but for the most part if you can play it in zoomplayer or windows media player, it will play with the built in one.
jowaldo

Postby nrj0122 on Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:31 pm

Is there a way you can change it to default to zoomplayer within the settings area (F2)?

thanks
nrj0122

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:50 pm

you need to change the event that the "play movie" button points to using the skin editor (pause/break) the "play movie" event is still there. the "play movie new" goes to the internal player. Of course, you'll need to make sure your file type settings are correct under the setup (F2)
cmhardwick

Postby gfunk2k on Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:52 am

cmhardwick wrote:you need to change the event that the "play movie" button points to using the skin editor (pause/break) the "play movie" event is still there. the "play movie new" goes to the internal player. Of course, you'll need to make sure your file type settings are correct under the setup (F2)

sorry to be a pain but i need zoomplayer to be my default to.
any chance of a step by step guide? im new to this you see.
thanks
gfunk2k

Postby cooldog on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:38 am

cooldog

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:27 am

one thing I'd change in those instructions. There's no need to change PLAY MOVIE NEW. Just go to skin editor and then to the movieviewer screen and change the event assigned to the Play Movie button from Play Movie New to Play Movie. This way, if you want to switch back to the internal, you just change the event that the button uses.
cmhardwick

Postby teror on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:49 am

Hi All,

New to xlobby and i think its fantastic. Just learning the ins and outs.
Playing with a few skins and it seems that the default skin is the only one that uses the "builtin" mediaplayer.
i've also played with file types etc. i like the builtin player because it embeds the video within the skin instead of opening it up externally like VLC or Windows Media player.
so, my question is... is there a way to force the built in media player to play a directory of avi files in order? I have a few folders that have multiple avi files in them but when i select this folder from movies or videos it wont play at all.

thanks
Todd
teror