xMusic - some extra music stuff

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xMusic - some extra music stuff

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 am

to be honest i changed the plugin a while ago so i am sot sure what all the variables aere called in the old version :)

if the ratings is called rating just use

current track = audioplayer>now>%rating%
playlist = %playlist>rating%
music.details = %music.details>rating%
music = %music>rating%
S Pittaway

Postby scottw on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:53 pm

Ok cool thanks for replying back.

Any plans on releasing a newer version??? Defrag is working on a plugin that goes great with yours (xTopPicks).

Just curious and thanks for the help!!!!!
scottw

Postby defrag on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:56 pm

No pressure Sean :lol: :lol: :lol:
defrag

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:47 pm

i have another plugin xdatabase (where do the names come from? :)) which does the general database bits that where in xmusic, it also sorts movies properly (the old one puts folders at the top), "caches" covers so you dont have to have the server on, adds extra tags (like date added), does ratings, displays local images, lets you copy covers (for the theartertek logo) etc.

So some of the functions in here have moved to that. I also tidied my code up a bit so i could have common files between my plugins. To fit in with the move a few variables have had name changes

But truthfully the old one works fine so there isent much point getting people to port over to it.

When V2/V3/Free/Paid have settled down i finish them off and will roll them out :)
S Pittaway

Postby dhcf23 on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:08 pm

I have recently started using this plug in and want to combine it with Defrag's new plug in to make a top 50 list of songs played for a msuic only..sort of jukebox skin I am playing around with. My question is when or how often does this actually write the played count to the database? The song duration was added to everything right away but the last played data and play count does not seem to be calculating. It has worked for a few tracks so far but it seems that it has only updated after I manually import my music database again while it is playing. I am using a small test database of music, about 20 albums so it does not take very long to import the small changes but if this is the way it works that could take quite a while on the full database. Am I doing something wrong here, which is quite possible, or do you need to refresh the music database eachtime to have the played count update?

Thanks in advance.
dhcf23

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:03 am

The played count/time is writen to the database 1 second afther the track changes. No import is needed because the plugin uses standed events to add the fields...

You are mixing it up with "database.add extra fields" and "database.add shuffle" these only need running AFTER you have added some new music.

The only thing i can say is that the plugin does not fully support multi-zone setups (i dont use them) so it will currently only update times for the current zone.

also "database.add extra fields" and "database.add shuffle" have been broken in the later test releases...
S Pittaway

Postby scottw on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:36 am

Sean,
I have a question. I just started using the shuffle portion of this and noticed something else about the auto update. If I select a song and do a Play Track it updates the play count, but if I have a song in a playlist and either let it goto the song on it's own or select it to play from the playlist it does not update. It does appear to be updating thru the category when played thru the playlist but not in my Music DB.
Is this something I have setup wrong or am I missing something.
Basically, I look at a song in the db. It's played count is at 0.
I load a playlist that has that song and play it. It does not update the play count.
I find the song manually and do a Play Track command. It updates the play count to 1.

Any ideas???
scottw

Postby S Pittaway on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:12 am

what xlobby verion are you on? and is it multi-zoned?

it came with a sceen called xMusic.dummy, when the playlist is playing go to it and see what it says...

also deos last.played.str get updated or is that blank as well?

its been working on mine for ages (but i seemed to have lost the counts for files older than apr 07)
S Pittaway

Postby scottw on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:01 am

S Pittaway wrote:what xlobby verion are you on? and is it multi-zoned?

The latest free version and yes multi-zoned but I understand it will only update the currently active zone.

S Pittaway wrote:it came with a sceen called xMusic.dummy, when the playlist is playing go to it and see what it says...

also deos last.played.str get updated or is that blank as well?

It does update the last.played.str on the "dummy" screen if I play thru the playlist.

I wil try to explain a little more because to me it looks like its updating in 2 different places.

I load up a playlist and as each song plays the xMusic Dummy screen updates the last.played.str according to the Dummy screen but not the music DB. Here is an example.

The first song which is Avril Lavigne shows played March 09 8:34 pm, but according to my musicDB:

it shows March 08 19:09.

Also playing thru the playlist does not update anything in the music DB like Played, Played.Count, and Last.Played.str (in the music DB, it updates the one on the "dummy" page)

If I select a song manually and use a Track Play event, it updates all of the above correctly but not the Last.Played.str on the "Dummy" screen (but it does update the Last.Played.str in the musicDB along with Played, Played.Count.

Does all of this make sense???

I would like if everything gets updated in the music DB no matter what which is how I think its supposed to work but not for me :?
scottw

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 am

i now understand what you are saying, but i have no idea of why....

this is how the plugin works-

every second i check the current song parameter,
if its changes bring up the album for the current song and load it into xMusicDummy (the cat on the dummy screen), i do this using a SendCommand("music", "select playing", "xMusicDummy").
i then look for a song with the same paramter as the current song
when i find a match i use SendCommand("category", "variable set", xMusicDummyDetails, Field, Value) to either update or add the played info

In reality none of this is acting on the playlist.

If the dummy screen is showing updates i cant see why its not updating the music database.

Is anyone else using the plugin? If so does it work ok for you?

Scott, i am currently using the pre-release versions but up untill xmas i was on the free version (March 4th???) and never had any problems. See if anyone else responds and if not i will try and dig out a copy of old lobby and double check that its working.
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:16 am

Scott, i noticed that you have been "using" this for a while, did it ever work or as it simply stopped working?
S Pittaway

Postby scottw on Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:06 pm

S Pittaway wrote:Scott, i noticed that you have been "using" this for a while, did it ever work or as it simply stopped working?

That's where my issue lies...I don't know :lol:

I have been using it for a while (although I have mainly used it for sorting by "Date Added" or track added which ever one it was) and remember testing all of that out but don't remember if it was thru a playlist or just playing a song and seeing if it updated. It is just now that I planned to utilize this function since my wife asked me for a way to queue up the whole music DB and randomly play tracks, so figured I would use your "smart shuffle" to do this. However I can queue up the whole DB and play them randomly and thanks to xMusic I can see the songs being played in order unlike how xlobby does this normally. So what I do now is when you click the button to queue up the whole db it adds the whole db to the playlist, runs the "database.add extra fields" which changes the shuffle.pos value (the database.add shuffle command does not seem to do anything, for me) and sorts it by shuffle.pos. Cool thing about this is everytime database.add extra fields is run it changes all of the numbers in shuffle.pos hence the random part 8)

It would be nice to have the "smart shuffle" working but it is not horrible the way it is. If you get a chance and can test it out that would be great, when you have time, just to make sure it's not something on my setup or me having something setup wrong.

Thanks for a great plugin......and supporting it :D
scottw

Postby dalanik on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:31 pm

I just can't get this working....

1) copied xMusic.dummy.xml to my skin folder
2) made text with %variable>xmusic.play.pause.button%

When I use XLobby's pause/play, nothing changes, it just displays "4".
When I use XMusic's play/pause toggle command, it works.

Is this supposed to work only with play/pause from within Xmusic?

D,
dalanik

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:38 pm

nope, it should change if you pause the song using the normal xlobby command
the default button text for playing is 4 and pauses is ; (if you use wingdings they are play and paused chars), there is a command to change them to other values...

i have had it running for the last year or so, so its definitely working :)

I had a quick look at the code and i read the play status from WinAmp are you using it or are you on foobar or the internal player?
S Pittaway

Postby dalanik on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm on winamp...
dalanik

PreviousNext