Help with getting more than one double disk to show up

Help each other out

Help with getting more than one double disk to show up

Postby nhasby on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:21 pm

I'm able to get a double disk to work by making a disk 1 and disk 2 subfolder under the movie folder. I have the folders setup like e:\media\movies\moviename\disk 1. I'm using iso files because they are the only thing i could get to play. It imports it into xlobby and the movie shows up under my movie database, I can play the movie just fine. When I click on the coverart for the movie I get two sub pictures for each disk. Here is my problem, as soon as I try and put a different double disk into xlobby the other one disappears. It doesn't show up anywhere in xlobby but its still in my dvd profiler database. I can keep importing the movies and each time it says it import 2 and the other one disappears. Any ideas on what is wrong here? Thanks.
nhasby

Re: Help with getting more than one double disk to show up

Postby nhasby on Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:47 am

Anyone? I've also noticed that the double disk always shows up first in alphabetical order even though it shouldn't.
nhasby

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:29 pm

I have my double disks showing up just fine. I import from DVD Profiler. To ge them to show up correctly, I have my directories like this
movies\movietitle\movietitle-disk 1\files
movies\movietitle\movietitle-disk 2\files
etc.
This way, DVD Profiler information matches. they still show first in the listing. This is because, since there is an extra "layer" in the directory structure, the top layer is treated as a genre entry by the sort routine apparently. So it's sorting those "genres" up front, then the other movies.

Actually, I have quickly gotten used to this and like it because that way, I know those are multi-disk movies.
cmhardwick

Postby nhasby on Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:22 pm

When you go into xlobby and edit your movie database does your double disks show up with 2 sub movies in under it or is there just one with no subs?
nhasby

Postby nhasby on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:14 pm

That seem to work for me. Thanks a bunch, I was pulling my hair out over this.
nhasby