XCTpvr Beta TV-Plugin

Xlobby plugin development

Postby DeanB on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:02 pm

Thanks Joel - that worked a treat !! - now using the control button for CTPVR.

Carm - When is there going to be another release as mine has expired now - just as i was getting used to it :wink:

Dean.
DeanB

Postby lar282 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:22 am

DeanB wrote:
Carm - When is there going to be another release as mine has expired now - just as i was getting used to it :wink:

Dean.

He said prob this weekend
lar282

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:22 pm

Sorry Guys,

I never uploaded the release for Feb. I just did it so it should now work.

http://ctpvr.com/downloads/XCTpvr.msi

As lar282 mentioned I'm shooting for a release this weekend that includes an EPG.

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Includes an Early stage EPG

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:46 am

Hi All,

I uploaded a new version of the XCTpvr plugin. This one includes an early stage EPG. I think to continue its development I will need input from Xlobby users. Operating the EPG can be akward since Xlobby uses the arrow keys for navigation. If I were to use them in the plugin, Xlobby would lose focus and not respond to your input. You can't click on any of the items in the EPG window. I am still trying to figure out the best way to handle the user interface. Some ideas would be helpful from here on from anyone who tries the plugin.

Issues:
1) There seems to be a refresh problem for the contents controlled by Xlobby. This is the show information in the upper right side of screen. As you navigate the shows this data will not always refresh.

2) Creating and Deleting a schedule will sometimes cause the EPG window to disappear. The only way to get it back is to restart Xlobby.

3) Screen fonts and slots does not always scale properly. I will be providing the ability to change the fonts properties. You will also be able to change the colors used in the EPG.

Fixes:
Found a memory leak the caused graphic rendering problems.

To install follow the instructions at the start of this thread. If you are upgrading from an older version, You need to enter the plugin setup in Xlobby(F2 Key). Find the XCTpvr under the plugins tab. Click on the button labeled "Restore XCTpvr Screen". This will delete the older versions of XCTpvr windows. If you have customized your screens this will overwrite them so make backup copies.

The EPG requires CTpvr be installed on your PC. Even if CTpvr has expired, you can still use CTpvr manager to download your listing for the plugin.

I'll provide more information as the need arises. The EPG can be used in multiple screen and different sizes. You need to follow the sample in my screens. They run an event when the screens load to adjust to your desired object. Both the TV viewer and the EPG do this. The commands "viewer" and "epg viewer" control this action.

Jowaldo,

Give me a few more days to find a solution for runing playlist items instead of the open dialog window.

Regards,
Carm.

ComputerTimeCO

Re: Includes an Early stage EPG

Postby jowaldo on Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:04 am

ComputerTimeCO wrote:Jowaldo,

Give me a few more days to find a solution for runing playlist items instead of the open dialog window.

Awesome! Thanks for all of your hard work on this! :)
jowaldo

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:44 am

jowaldo,

I added a couple commands that can be used for music and video playback.

play>music
play>video

with these commands you have to send the playback filename as a variable via the events manager. How you would do that I'm not really sure. I included a sample event item under XCTpvr called "PlaylistMusic". This will play the song you click or press enter on in the playlist. How you would handle the rest is the magic question.

I also added a few text variables.

Command Input: plugins>XCTpvr>nowplaying>
Variables for command:
%positition% or %elapased%
%duration% or %total%
%volume%

Sample Text Input: plugin>XCTpvr>nowplaying>%position% / %duration%, Text Output: 0:00 / 0:00
Sample Text Input: plugin>XCTpvr>nowplaying>Volume: %volume%, Text Output: Volume: 60

I also changed the text variables for the EPG.
Items that started with XCTpvr like:
plungin>XCTpvr>XCTpvr epg title is now plugin>XCTpvr>epg>title
the above is true for:
title, subtitle, channel, desc, times

I hope you can get something going with file playback. Also I communicated with Steven and he is willing to make changes to help. I just do not know exactly what is best thing to do is yet. Maybe you'll have some ideas.

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby jowaldo on Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:25 pm

I'm gonna start working on this right now!!!

Thanks!!!
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:09 pm

Hmm... I can't seem to get this to work. Hopefully Steven can help out with this.
jowaldo

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:02 am

An updated version is available. Includes an extention of the expiration date until the end of March

Added: OSD Show information on channel changes.
Worked on a fix for refresh problem with selected EPG item.

http://ctpvr.com/downloads/XCTpvr.msi

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby erikt on Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:59 pm

Hi Carm,

I'm in the middle of a re-build of my HTPC, along with re-working lots
of the functionality of Xlobby to suit my needs. I plan to integrate
your CTPVR plugin into my skin, but it hasn't been my #1 priority yet.

I see from another thread that the future of Xlobby CTPVR plugin is
uncertain, and from your post that the CTPVR plugin has an expiration
date. Since I don't want/need any EPG functionality, and I am happy to
continue to use Foobar/Zoomplayer as my mp3/movie players, I suspect
the current version of the CTPVR plugin will suit my needs.

Is it possible to get a release of this plugin that will not expire, in its
current form/version? If you do plan on continuing to develop this
plugin, then great! Otherwise, it would be a shame to see the work
you've already done go to waste.

Regards, erikt.
erikt

Postby Bubblegum Bandit on Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:37 pm

Hi Carm,

I'm new around here and had a few functionality questions.

My current set up:

Server in the basement with Xlobby on it for my movie room with HDs shared over Network.
2 Comps, one in the bedroom and one in the living room, both running xlobby a using the shared hds to pull media files from.

My question is, does CTpvr and will this xlobby plugin allow for each box to record a different show at the same time? If they will, do I need three copies of CTpvr or could the client version provide this functionality?

Thanks for your time,
BGBandit.
Bubblegum Bandit

Postby hvcpvr on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:43 am

Bubblegum Bandit wrote:Hi Carm,

I'm new around here and had a few functionality questions.

My current set up:

Server in the basement with Xlobby on it for my movie room with HDs shared over Network.
2 Comps, one in the bedroom and one in the living room, both running xlobby a using the shared hds to pull media files from.

My question is, does CTpvr and will this xlobby plugin allow for each box to record a different show at the same time? If they will, do I need three copies of CTpvr or could the client version provide this functionality?

Thanks for your time,
BGBandit.

First of I dont think carm visits here very much anymore. It seems he may stop developing this plugin. From the testing I have done with this plugin I do not think it records. What ever I schedule to record using the plugin shows up in CTPVR. So my guess is CTPVR does all the recording. I currently have 1 license of CTPVR and it allowed me to install and run it on 2 systems using the same key. I have never had a problem recording different shows on the 2 systems. I have not seen a client version out yet so I hope its coming soon.
hvcpvr

Postby lar282 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:11 am

Carm still haven't decided if he will continue to develop this plugin. He will post here when he decides
the plugin uses ctpvr to record and schedule

//Lasse
lar282

Previous