Need HELP with XScript / InTheater SCRIPT

Xlobby plugin development

Need HELP with XScript / InTheater SCRIPT

Postby CarolinaGuy on Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:29 am

I really need some help.

I want to download and use the InTheater Script (http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4154) and there are instruction there that state "This script utilizes the XScript plugin written by ptrinchi. To call this script, install the Xscript plugin as described and located here:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3758" (Unquote).

I have download XScript.zip.

I extracted the zip file to my desktop and it created a folder XScript on my Desktop. I added these subfolder under the PLUGIN fold in the XLOBBY directory and copy the files contained in the folders on the desktop to their identical sub-folder under PLUGIN.

I.E.

Folder XLOBBY

Sub Folder - PLUGIN added CScriptClass.dll

Sub Folder - XSCRIPT added XScript.dll

Sub Folder SCRIPT added Example text document.

I have no IDEA if this is correct or what to do otherwise. Can someone please give me some follow-up advise on the proper installation method for XScript.zip?
CarolinaGuy

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:11 am

Actually tswhite is moving towards using XScriptNG. But anyways, the easiest way to verify that the .dll plugin is in the proper location is to now load up Xlobby, goto "F2" setup, then select plugins and verify that Xlobby "sees" the XScript plugin. If it does, then, exit xlobby, follow the intheater forum thread to setup the script, load xlobby, setup your theater screens, do a refresh database and that should be it.

The other key thing is to setup you zip/postal code in the plugin command (tswhite does an excellent job in describing how to set it all up).

I found using tswhites skin that he included a wonderful way of seeing how he applies the features to control and view the results for the script. Which then you can incorporate into your own skin.

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby m_ski on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:05 pm

If you open up the zip file you will see the folder structure of where the dll files should go. I think you need to extract to the xlobby folder and extract retaining folder structure rather than just copying the files (as one of the dll's needs to go in the xlobby folder) - I had the same problem.

I think you are one folder level out - Cscriptclass goes in xlobby folder, xscript goes in plugins folder, etc.
m_ski

Postby CarolinaGuy on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:40 pm

Marbles_00 & M_Ski,

THANKS again. OK I'm certain I have everything where it should be.

I have the IN THEATER Radio Button on my Menu along with the refresh button.

When I select MOVIES - IN THEATER - REFRESH; the script does not seem to execute even though at one time I thought it was working.

If I select F2
Events
In Theater
Refresh In Theater
Command
Then select the TEST BUTTON - I get UNHANDLED EXCEPTION
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative or less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: Index.

Can you help with this, PLEASE
CarolinaGuy

Postby tswhite70 on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:24 pm

CarolinaGuy -

Start Xlobby and hit F2 - select: Eventgroups\Skin\intheaters\Refresh intheaters
Select “plugin” in the right hand window,
choose “executescript” and put the following in parameters.

Code: Select all
intheaters_getmovies.txt COUNTRYCODE~POSTALCODE RADIUS

So for my location it would be:
intheaters_getmovies.txt US~77004 10

The above is for XScript Plugin - if you are using the XScriptNG plugin I believe the parameters need to be in quotes.

intheaters_getmovies.txt "US~77004" "10"

If it still doesn't work let us know your zip code, maybe there's a problem with movietickets.com and your zip (doubtful, but maybe...).

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby CarolinaGuy on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:43 pm

TSW

I am using XScriptNG plugin.

"The above is for XScript Plugin - if you are using the XScriptNG plugin I believe the parameters need to be in quotes.

Code:
intheaters_getmovies.txt "US~77004" "10""

It now returns:

Status Scan Completed
Files Imported 0
Time: (0 Hrs 0 Min 0sec)

My Zipcode is 27360
Thomasville, NC
CarolinaGuy

Postby tswhite70 on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:50 pm

Status Scan Completed
Files Imported 0
Time: (0 Hrs 0 Min 0sec)

Well, somethings not right because the message above is not from XScriptNG and it's not from the InTheaters_GetMovies script. Reads like an Xlobby database import message. What exactly do you see in the Eventgroups under Eventgroups\Skin\intheaters\Refresh intheaters after hitting F2 (describe the commands exactly, or if you can post a screen shot).

What skin are you using? The default skin with the InTheaters additions or something else?

Do you already have a database named intheaters? Look in C:\Program Files\Xlobby\Databases - if you have one already then physically delete it from the folder and restart Xlobby.
tswhite70

Postby CarolinaGuy on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:58 pm

TSX, Marbles_00 & M_Ski,

I went back and checked my work. I think I have made a mistake. In the original ZIP file for XScriptNG there is a folder labeled SOURCE that contains XSCRIPTHOOK & XSCRIPT folders and many other files.

Where do I place these folders & files? Do I just copy the SOURCE FOLDER and all its Contents to the ROOT directory of XLOBBY?
CarolinaGuy

Postby tswhite70 on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:31 pm

No - SOURCE is the source code for the plugin, all you need is the dll's located in the "XScriptNG Files" directory of the zip file.

There are 2 dll's associated with XScriptNG.

XScriptHook.dll - should be in the root Xlobby directory
XScriptNG.dll - should be in the Xlobby\Plugins directory

That's it, make sure the two files are where the are supposed to be and restart Xlobby. Go to F2, Plugins - make sure XScriptNG shows up as "Online" or "Configured" or whatever the terminology is.

Now you need to make sure the InTheaters_GetMovies script is available to XScriptNG. You have 3 options:

1) If you have the original XScript installed then put the intheaters_getmovies.txt file in the Xlobby\Plugins\Xscript\Scripts directory.

2) Create a folder called Scripts at the Xlobby root, put the intheaters_getmovies.txt file in the Xlobby\Scripts directory.

3) Create a folder called Scripts in the root level of the SKIN you are using, put the intheaters_getmovies.txt file in the Xlobby\Skins\YOURSKINNAME\Scripts directory.

Once you have the plugin configured and the script located in one of the above locations restart Xlobby. XScriptNG compiles the scripts on Xlobby startup, anytime you make a change to a script or move it from one location to another you must restart Xlobby for the changes to take affect.

tsw
tswhite70

Postby CarolinaGuy on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:38 pm

TSW
THANKS for working with me on this and thanks to all who have contributed.
I am using XScriptNG plugin.

I'm using the Steven’s Simplicity Default skin download from this page:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... eaters.zip

I DO NOT have a database named intheaters?

XScriptHook.dll - should be in the root Xlobby directory - VERIFIED, they are there.
XScriptNG.dll - should be in the Xlobby\Plugins directory - VERIFIED, they are there

That's it, make sure the two files are where the are supposed to be and restart Xlobby. Go to F2, Plugins - make sure XScriptNG shows up as "Online" or "Configured" or whatever the terminology is.

XScriptNG is available in the Active plugins window.
XScriptNG -------Scripting--------Allows C# or VB Script to run

1) If you have the original XScript installed then put the intheaters_getmovies.txt file in the Xlobby\Plugins\Xscript\Scripts directory. THE intheaters_getmovies.txt IS LOCATED IN THIS DIRECTORY (Xlobby\Plugins\Xscript\Scripts )

All of this has been verified and it still does not work. When I was installing the Simplicity Default skin I didn't quite understand one step. There is a folder that says "Copy Files To Root Level of Default Skin". Where exactly are these 7 files located? Should they be in THE SKINS or THE DEFAULT FOLDER?
CarolinaGuy

Postby tswhite70 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:14 am

"Copy Files To Root Level of Default Skin" - these files will go in Xlobby\Skins\Default.

Goto F2\Plugins, click on XScriptNG and choose Configure. Set the Scripting Language to VB.NET. (I'm not sure this matters to be honest but that's how I have it configured.)

I also want to double check since it seems that you're new to Xlobby (based on your number of posts) that you are running the latest XL.
Go to F2\About and check your build date.

tsw
tswhite70

Postby CarolinaGuy on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:36 am

TSW

"Copy Files To Root Level of Default Skin" - these files will go in Xlobby\Skins\Default.

VERIFIED

Goto F2\Plugins, click on XScriptNG and choose Configure. Set the Scripting Language to VB.NET. (I'm not sure this matters to be honest but that's how I have it configured.)

WAS ALREADY SET TO VB.NET

I also want to double check since it seems that you're new to Xlobby (based on your number of posts) that you are running the latest XL.
Go to F2\About and check your build date.

BUILD DATE: July 31, 2006, 9:59PM
CarolinaGuy

Postby CarolinaGuy on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:48 am

TSW

I went into F2, SKINS and changed from default to Steven’s Simplicity Skin.

Now XLOBBY will not load.

May have to start all over - reinstall.

Is there some config file that I can delete and it will reload.
CarolinaGuy

Postby CarolinaGuy on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:51 am

OK, I deleted the XLOBBY.XML file in the root folder and it reloaded.
CarolinaGuy

Postby tswhite70 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:49 am

Ok, now I'm confused. Steven's Simplicity skin should be the default skin, ie the one in the folder named default.

Download the full install from here: http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2prerelease1.zip

From the zip file copy the Xlobby\Skins\Default folder to your Xlobby\Skins directory. Move the skin files from the my InTheaters zip file to the appropriate folders in the new Default skin. Start Xlobby and goto F2\Skins and under the Select Skin dropdown box choose Default.

Goto F2\Download and hit Download List. Now select the items in the window that are RED and click Download. It will ask you if you want to restart Xlobby, click yes.

Now from a executable & Skin perspective you should be ready to go. Now we need to configure the Refresh Event for InTheaters. Goto F2\Eventgroups\Skin\Intheaters and set the Refresh InTheaters event as described earlier. Since you are using XScriptNG make sure that Command parameters look as follows:

Plugin:
XScriptNG (I'm wondering if you maybe have XScript here...)

Command:
ExecScript

Variables:
intheaters_getmovies.txt "US~77004" "10"

You can either click TEST now or exit F2 and go to Movies, hit the InTheaters button, then the Refresh button. (btw if you hit TEST Xlobby will lock up while the script runs which may take quite a while depending on your intheaters parameters.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Next