Mirage 3D *UPDATED 11/2/08* www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Re: Mirage 3D *RELEASE 2/2/08* www

Postby lar282 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:45 pm

can't u put the files on stevens server?trying to download but google wont let me

//Lasse
lar282

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 am

I know that you are working with the freeware version of xl when developing the Mirage skin so here's my problem with moving xl to my program files. I have the pay version loaded to it...so if I overwrite my c:\xlobby to my c:\program files\xlobby things my get alittle out of hand. It's the only way I can keep things striaght for now.

Any other ideas? Maybe I could change the name of my c:\program files\xlobby to ...xlobbybak for now, whatayathink?
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:48 am

So right now the pay version is in Program Files? Yeah as a temporary thing you could change the name, move the freelobby and try it out. It should also work with the pay version/pre-release, no reason it shouldn't...Ijust don't have a way to check it. I have no clue as to V3 though.

Lasse...moving it over to the xlobby server. I will post the links when it is ready.

*EDIT*
Alternate location to download from http://www.xlobby.com added, view first post for "Alternate" links.
Marbles_00

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Sharp, I have 2 copies (free and pay) on my system, both under program files. I just installed one in xLobby (the default) which is the free version and the other in a differently named directory (changing it during the install) so that everything is pointed correctly. works like a charm
cmhardwick

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:32 pm

cmhardwick,

Does this mean you've tried the skin out. Is it working okay for you, navigation wise, as I understand that my requirements could be different from others.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Marbles_00:

I was able to change the directory of xlobby freeware and open your Mirage skin and take a look at it. All I can say is WOW!!! I really like the way xmenu works to navigate thru to each screen with a few issues. I guess the main thing right now is getting resolution right. I changed the skin to 960x540 and still am having issues with text... fields that are too small. But really, this opens up new doors for me in terms of "the coolness factor".

Nicely done!!!
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks.

I'm both happy and relieved that you got it working...though I was expecting Xmenu placement issues, as I have found that Xmenu does not place itself in relation to the skin, but more to the system resolution, I wouldn't expect text issues...especially trying the skin out at the same xlobby screen size that I designed at.

Yeah, the French Team did a good job with Xmenu, and once you understand the concepts, really opens alot up. Just too bad that the actual developer is nowhere to be found. I sent him an email to verify if he would have any issues if I included the install executable with the skin, to which there was no response (even tried to translate the email to French, with the hopes it would be easier for him to understand). Allowing for more commands to be sent when either rotating to postion or making an actual selection would really open things up.

But in the least, I hope that I was able to explain things enough in the user manual to allow you to really modify XMenu to get it looking the way you want. I've got some future plans of trying some different things (once I complete the Mirage skin cleanup).

Have fun.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. Maybe a note in the install docs that indicate the install into the c:\program files\xlobby is required would be a good idea for future skin users. Just a suggestion.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Yepper, a note will be added.
Marbles_00

Re: Mirage 3D *UPDATED 11/2/08* www

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am

Updated Mirage, see first post to download and what has been changed/updated. Mainly added additional PPC screens and changed the existing PPC graphics around.

Enjoy
Marbles_00

Postby dgemily on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Marbles,

I have a new version of xmusicovery modified by badubo ;)
it's not published yet, but you can try it : http://france.xlobby.com/forum/dgemily/ ... covery.rar
in this file there are the application and a demo screen with the eventgroup

userguide
execute xmusicovery.exe by a command os:execute file with the following command lines:

xmusicovery -reset : refresh the application
xmusicovery -stop : close the application

and xmusicovery without command line : start the application

to integrate the musicovery window in a screen use xmovewindow plugin:
create a new txt zone
in ID : screenname_Musicovery (use your screen name ;) )
in text: plugin>XMoveWindow>Musicovery(Title.XMusicovery)

Later
dgemily

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Okay,

Cool, thanks for it. I will try it out when I get a chance.
Marbles_00

Postby dgemily on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:03 pm

There was an error in this rar...

it's ok now... same link
dgemily

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Dgemily/Badubo,

It installed and started fine. I get that stupid google ad popping up and I can't shut it down. Is there anyway that it can be killed? Also when shutting down, I get the following error:

Code: Select all
Could not create a SingleInstanceTracker object:
Failed to send message to the first instance of the application.  The first instance might have terminated.
Application will now terminate.

I'm going to try and recreate the error, but in the meantime, I'd thought I'd bring it to your attention.

I just tried it again and did not receive that error message.

One other thing, is there a way to define the language. Currently with this new .exe, the display is in French. How do you change it to English?

Just also want to say that it is great to see some of you guys from the French Team still here.
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:12 am

Pretty excited about this and thought I would share. In Mirage's next release, I will have a more complete zoning control system setup that will integrate with my music server and ZoneSkin4. I already have music source select and zone volume control worked out. But here is a little image of music info from the server. Get this, normally to get this info, the computer has to be connected to the server via XNET (or in the very least XNET must be running). Though XNET is running on both machines, they are both servers, hence the Mirage machine is NOT a client of the music server and is not connected to the music server by any xlobby means....yet I was able to poll for the music info...pretty cool. Though I have to work out the formatting of the text, this early shot shows some pretty neat things that are being developed and integrated in the land of Marbles.

Enjoy. :)
Marbles_00

PreviousNext