I Need Some Help.

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

I Need Some Help.

Postby epitaph on Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:39 am

Ok, so im re-skinning the default skin to how i need it i have trimmed most everything out and set my start up page to the "movies" screen i edited the look of it and edited the "movieviewer" screen aswell.

Here comes my question. I have downloaded trailers for the dvds that are in my collection the reasoning is i have friends over and they ask me "whats that movie about" and so now im trying to create a trailer button. however i am having much difficulty specifying the proper trailer to launch.

what is the best way to go about this?

i had thought somthing like take "movies<display" and copy that entry such as "pulp fiction" and then apply that as a filter for the trailers database so it will find the "pulp fiction" entry and know it needs to launch that trailer? im really not to sure how else i could achive this.

please anything would be of help :) thanks

Ep.
epitaph

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:13 pm

Im currently doing it so that i launch corresponding file directly... If u get the filtering aproach work, please let me know. Cause i want to get cross refencing between databases to work so i can jump to music section and corresponding OST or score for the movie...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby epitaph on Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:54 pm

How do you mean? you just browse the file and find the approprite trailer to launch?.

Some Xlobby Guru has got to know how to do this ;) flex your cyber muscles and help me out
epitaph

Re: I Need Some Help.

Postby m_masta on Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:28 pm

epitaph wrote:Ok, so im re-skinning the default skin to how i need it i have trimmed most everything out and set my start up page to the "movies" screen i edited the look of it and edited the "movieviewer" screen aswell.

Here comes my question. I have downloaded trailers for the dvds that are in my collection the reasoning is i have friends over and they ask me "whats that movie about" and so now im trying to create a trailer button. however i am having much difficulty specifying the proper trailer to launch.

what is the best way to go about this?

i had thought somthing like take "movies<display" and copy that entry such as "pulp fiction" and then apply that as a filter for the trailers database so it will find the "pulp fiction" entry and know it needs to launch that trailer? im really not to sure how else i could achive this.

please anything would be of help :) thanks

Ep.

Have you looked at this?
How to set-up trailers:
http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19152#19152

masta
m_masta

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:50 pm

epitaph wrote:How do you mean? you just browse the file and find the approprite trailer to launch?.

Some Xlobby Guru has got to know how to do this ;) flex your cyber muscles and help me out

Im wondering which one of this Masta dude actually read... your question or document he was offering. prolly neither.

Anyway i have path to each movies trailer in movie database in a new field and for event i use OS|execute file (or something in that line) with that field as a variable. So im not doing any interdatabase referring, again, if u manage to get that working let me know cause im very interested.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby epitaph on Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:10 pm

yeah i read that whole article however that states you wanting to launch random trailers before a movie such as a real theater, im looking to launch a specific trailer associated with the proper movieviewer profile, if that makes any sence.

so basically i have a dvd collection, i can look at all the covers of the dvds i have in my collection, then i can go hey whats this pulp fiction dvd about and i select it, thus taking me to the movieviewer screen which displays the director/actors/plot/runtime/etc etc of pupl fiction.. and now i want to set up a button called Watch Trailer and when i click it it will look through the database called trailers and locate the pulp fiction trailer and launch it. im assuming this is how i have to do it.. if im wrong by all means tell me.

im also trying this way, i click the trailer button and it takes me to a trailer search screen however i still have to search all my trailers for the "pulp fiction" trailer manually i was wondering is there anyway to take the movies>display line which for this movie would be "pulp fiction" and place it into the input text box automatically on load? and do this for all movies? so if i was in the "Braveheart" movieview and clicked trailer it would search movies>display and copy "braveheart" and place it into the input text on the seach page automatically? this way all i have to do is name all my trailers to the approprite movie names. and i could even have braveheart (theatrical trailer), braveheart (small trailer), braveheart (yet another trailer) and ALL 3 would be displayed since my filter would only filter for braveheart. jeeze does anybody understand this concept? i feel i am rambling but i really really want this to work.

(Yes i will forsure let you know if i make any progress P3rv3rt B3ar)

Ep.
epitaph

Postby epitaph on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:04 pm

after fooling around i figured it out, im doing it the Search way. i just set it up so when i click watch trailer it will filter my search based on the movies<display so it will only list the trailers with the name of the movie title, this way you can have more than 1 trailer for each movie and then you can select which to watch. its pretty easy to do. ill work it out and post back the details. i might just fix up my Skin with some photoshop buttons and backgrounds and clean it up and post it for you to look at.

Ep.
epitaph

Postby starlabs on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:42 pm

I'm interested in this as well. Definitely post the details when you have it all worked out. :)
starlabs

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:44 am

epitaph wrote:after fooling around i figured it out, im doing it the Search way. i just set it up so when i click watch trailer it will filter my search based on the movies<display so it will only list the trailers with the name of the movie title, this way you can have more than 1 trailer for each movie and then you can select which to watch. its pretty easy to do. ill work it out and post back the details. i might just fix up my Skin with some photoshop buttons and backgrounds and clean it up and post it for you to look at.

Ep.

Please, post details of event in newbie (thorough description) mode. I tried to do this same thing for OSTs by adding imdb# field in both (music and movies) databases but i couldnt get it work using custom search event... please sppon feed me a bit :)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Colby on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:17 pm

My skin from some years ago by default does this:
-Category of movies.
--Select a movie and enter.
---Overlay opens with movie info (plot, actors, etc.)
----On the bottom there are some buttons, play movie, trailer, rate it
-----I click trailer button and get to watch the selected movies trailer in the preview window of the skin, or make fullscreen. viola!

Is this different then what you are wanting to do?
Colby