InTheaters plugin via XScript - Discontinued

Xlobby plugin development

Postby tswhite70 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:09 am

I checked out version 2.3 and it's still getting stills correctly. I got 601 stills on 57 movies. Two things to try on your end. Open the debug log (Xscript\Scripts\intheaters_debug.log) and search for:
Code: Select all
Start Pattern Matching on MultiURL for pics!

Look below this and see if you see "The request has timed out!". If you do see that message then the HTTP request for the still image is timing out. Search for the following in the script:
Timeout = 5000

Increase the value to 10000 and try it again (it's milliseconds btw). Note if you are running XscriptNG you'll will need to restart Xlobby to recompile the code. If that doesn't work then try deleting your intheaters database and the Intheaters stills/coverart directory and starting from scratch.

Let me know!
tsw
tswhite70

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:29 pm

Okay now things are wierd. I can see that stills have downloaded for a movie as they are sitting in the same directory as the covers, yet it appears that the category>Xintheaters>stills does not work anymore, hence the reason they are not displaying. Does that make sense?

Also in the log, under "Start Pattern Matching on MultiURL for pics!" I have this statement "# of pics found: 0". But as I mention above, if I go to certain movie directories, along with the coverart are still images.

Example, the movie "Click", if I go to its directory, along with the coverart, I can seen 22 additional pics which are screen captures of the movie, yet they are not displaying in XLobby.

*EDIT* It would appear that the last update with stills for me occured around June 24th (those are the dates attached to the Click stills). All newer movies since have had no stills downloaded...the log is reporting that as well. I'm kind of surprised that there are no stills for movies like Talladega Nights, Pirates of the Caribbean, Invincible or Accepted (some nice women in bikini shots for sure).

As well, I'm still confused as to why for the movies that I still do have stills for, I'm not seeing them?

*Further UPDATE* I'M AN ASS!!!! :oops: :evil: :oops: The version on this computer I've been playing with, I now realize was version 2.2, not 2.3. Updating the script, and blowing away existing database and imagery and starting from scratch seemed to do the trick. I know my other system, that I first noticed this "stills" problem, is running version 2.3, but I will blow away the database/imagery there as well and start over again. I've also moved over to XScriptNG, which I figured I should because that is the route you will be going in future releases.

So I don't think I'm having a problem after all, just my stupidity :oops:

Sorry to bother you tswhite....I'll be looking forward to your updated script.
Marbles_00

Postby tswhite70 on Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:31 pm

Glad you got it workin! :lol:

tsw
tswhite70

Postby zap on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:01 pm

I'm using this plug in and it works great. (Thanks tswhite for all your great work on this!) I have one issue though- one theatre in my area has movie times that contain <a href links in them minus the closing tags. These crash xlobby.

I go in with PSPad and add the closing tags as a work-around, but is it possible to keep links out of the data in the first place?
zap

Postby tswhite70 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:30 pm

Zap - what's your zip code and the theater name? I'll take a look at it and see if I can avoid the problem.

tsw
tswhite70

Postby zap on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 am

My zip is 90028

The problem theater generating links is the ArcLight Hollywood.

Any fix you can find is greatly appreciated!
zap

Updated v2.4 - 11/11/2006

Postby tswhite70 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:11 pm

Updated...
Fixed the showtime regexes to fix the problem that Zap found with abnormal purchase links.

v2.4 11/11/2006
Steven’s Simplicity Default skin files & script:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... eaters.zip
(No changes were made to the skin files, so if you already have them you can just download the script.)

InTheaters_GetMovies script only:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... movies.zip

Let me know if you see anything else weird!

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby zap on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm

tswhite,
thank you! It works great.
zap

Postby hvs69 on Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:11 am

I have downloaded the latest 2.4 version but I can't get stills to work.

I downloaded the xscriptNG plugin as well, also deleted my old database. The getstills variable is set to "1".

During the progress, the script does not seem to be making an attempt to download the stills. I am wondering what is going on.
hvs69

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:18 pm

I noticed that even with 2.3, and yes even after I corrected my own mistakes :oops: , stills worked for a while then just stopped again. I was going to update to 2.4 to see if this helped, but maybe the problem is persistant.
Marbles_00

Postby tswhite70 on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:13 pm

I ran an update last night and I'm pretty sure I got new stills, but I'll double check. You can double check your Intheaters directory where the stills and coverart get stored, just sort by date and check the new movies to see if any of them have stills. Let me know what you find - include the version of the script you are running (found at the top of the file) + your zip code and radius setting if it is still not working

I will say that you won't always get stills for a particular movie for a couple of reasons:

1) Movies.com where the stills are parsed from doesn't seem been adding stills as much as they used to.

2) MovieTickets.com (movie details & showtimes) and Movies.com (stills) movie titles don't match, or the search function on Movies.com returns bogus/unusable results for the particular movie title. A perfect example of this is the new movie "Turistas". MovieTickets.com has the title listed as "Turistas Go Home" - which is incorrect so you won't get any stills (or HQ coverart) for this movie.

3) Make sure you running the latest version of the script - latest version is v2.4 (although v2.3 should still be working for stills).

I've been working on some changes to the script that I outlined in an earlier post to improve the info & stills collection. It still won't be bulletproof and it will make the script slower (it will be an option) but for those of you (like me) who prefer complete info on all the movies it will hopefully do the job. Now that Steven has fixed the single item category bug and is back supporting XL I'll do my best to get the new version out before the holidays.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby tswhite70 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:18 am

I checked the stills this evening - deleted my intheaters directory and ran a refresh. I got over 320 stills for 45 movies.

Can those that are having issues delete their intheaters directory and try a refresh. Check the actual directory after the refresh and see if there are stills (remember, not all movies will have stills).

If not I may have you zip up your debug log and send it to me so I can try and figure out what's going on.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby hvs69 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:48 pm

Thanks TSW for looking into it.

Here is an example from my debug-log:

The request has timed out! URL= http://searcha.movies.go.com/?q=The Fountain

MovieDetails_m failed - no stills moviedetails available at movies.com!

This is true for all the Movies !

I tried changing the timeout from 5000 to 10000. That does not seem to help. I am not sure if this is zip-code specific but my zipcode is 95403

Hope you can help.

Thanks.
hvs69

Postby tswhite70 on Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:44 pm

The stills section of code doesn't rely on zip code so it shouldn't have anything to do with your location (I only asked in case your location had weird movies or something). The fact that you are seeing the
The request has timed out! URL= http://searcha.movies.go.com/?q=The Fountain

on all your movies suggests a couple things to me, either your connection is SLOW (are you still using your 14.4kb modem?:)) or the Movies.com search page either wasn't working at the time or was running really slow (maybe they have that server connected with a 14.4kb modem! ;)).

Two things to try:
1) Bump the timeout way up like 60000.
2) Open the URL that shows the timeout in Internet Explorer and see how long it takes to the load the page and set the timeout value to that plus a few seconds.

I have noticed Movies.com running slowly on occasion (especially Saturday mornings), maintenance time I assume.

BTW I'm connected via cable modem, which is why I set the timeout so low to begin with - I forget what the default timeout is for an HTTP request but seems like it's something like 60 seconds which if the site is not available and your making 10's or 100's of requests to that site you'll be there all day...

let me know what you find!
tsw
tswhite70

Postby hvs69 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:24 pm

Speed is definitely not an issue here. I am on comcast broadband.

One thing I have noticed lately on my HTPC that it takes a few seconds for initiating any http requests. I am pretty sure that is due to my DNS settings, since I was tinkering with DNS server addresses not too long ago. This might very well be causing the timeouts. I will increase the timeout values to very high numbers and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks.
hvs69

PreviousNext