sayin waddup

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

sayin waddup

Postby pratok on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:10 am

hey guys, new to xlobby. f-ing awesome steve. been looking at htpc for a few months . this is by far the best ive seen. cant wait to get it all set up and try it out on my new 46 in. toshiba. like the way it integrates with zoomplayer,(which im also a newb at) xlobby has way more than i expected from an app in todays environment,. most pc people dont see the connection between home theatre and computers.(YET !!). anyway im stuck on the skin thing. i downloaded colbys , unzipped to file "colbys skin" in skins dir. but not guven the option of choosing new skin, just default. tried clicking change and restart but get a message warning about unknown authors" is that a windows sp2 thing? the warning window i believe has a option to run it but its hidden by skins window. any help with this and also plugins...(xoap weather) would be cool. PS... whats up colby? cool skin! we neighbors?
pratok

Postby Colby on Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:28 pm

Welcome aboard.
First make sure my skin is in the correct directory at the right level Xlobby>Skins>Colbyskin
My next skin already has xoap weather integrated
I suppose I should package what I got so people dont have so much trouble.

pratok, we are definately nieghbors, I work in Lenexa.
Colby

Postby pratok on Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:13 pm

cool, nice to meet you . i got your skin working. apparently i when i ran the xlobby pre 14 it wasnt there. your comment made me check the other xlobby 2. I ran it and there it was. looks good. need to play with it awhile. like what i see so far though. lenexa , thats cool. i get to work all over the city. im a carpenter(mostly drywall). u say ur working on another skin. cool, how long down the road? ill work on the xoap thing too, really new to the xlobby thing, (less than a week) so im kinda pokin around. anyway thanks!
pratok

Postby Colby on Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:10 pm

Yeah, I am finishing up my skin soon, Its basically the same skin only refined. Steve and I are gonna troubleshoot it tonight hopefully. I plan on releasing most of it real shortly.

I would hold off on the weather page, since ours will be basically identicle. :)

Anyway hopefully soon.
Colby