how to? object (rectangle overlay) show based on dev val

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

how to? object (rectangle overlay) show based on dev val

Postby kuntakintay on Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:36 am

Working with the default skin, nothing special. I have a house image as the backgroun and am trying to make the individual rooms grey if a device from xseer plugin is turned off, and yellow transparent if it is turned on. then obj grey rectangle click would turn on light and obj yellow click would turn it off. I know how to make the obj click trigger an event, but cant figure out how to make the grey obj only show up if the light is off and vice versa.

my question is more with the xlobby skinning then xseer plugin, I know how to use the ext plugin calls and its working great for variable text and buttons clicking changing devices ... Just trying to go a little more advanced for my lighting control with variable objects.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Toby
kuntakintay

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:32 pm

For every gray and yellow object you want to give a unique ID then show/hide the image for every event that requires the specific images. These steps may help.

1) So in the skin editor, select a gray image for example.
2) Select the Default tab, and in the window next to ID, give the image a name.
3) Check the Hidden box.
4) Now you can show the image in multiple ways.
a) is to show the image by selecting another image. This is what I do in my Zoneskin2 to show what is going on in the zone map. This is easily done by selecting another image, then goto the Advanced tab. There you will find a box called Show and Hide. If you look at the box, you will see all the unique ID that you have given. Select the one that you want to show.
b) the second way is, and the way I think you want to do is to use event commands. These commands are the button show and button hide commands found within the "Xlobby" command list (F2 Setup/Events-right side of setup window). Again for each you must give the ID name of the button image you want to show/hide.

You should also read Colby's Event Variable Documentand Skinning Document for more details.

Now you should have something to go on to get it working for you.

Hope this was helpful.
Marbles_00