##
Plug-in integrates MyHD application with Xlobby

update 2007/03/18 - xMyHD 1.2 (beta) released

update 2007/03/14 - sister plug-in xMyIR released:
xMyIR is a plug-in for RS232 IR receiver and MyHD remote controller
###

See this link for xMyHD
See this link for xMyIR

NOTE: I did not have time to update my skin yet; however I did update documentation.

Change Log:
2007-03-16:
- This is a complete re-write of the plug-in (hopefully for the better); almost everything has changed,
including commands, settings, etc. If you are upgrading from the previous
version I would advise to uninstall previous version and start fresh (sorry 'bout that!);
however, new plug-in will retrieve applicable info from prior install. I'm not going to
list all of the changes here simply because there are too many of them,
but just to name the few major ones:
- added - plug-in is capable of replacing MyIRC (except USB receiver support,
RS232 support thru sister plug-in xMyIR)
- added - schedule reservations directly into registry (no TitanTvHelperApp pop-ups)
- added - management of existing reservations
- added - management of recorded files

Live TV
EPG
EPG Search
Last edited by art on Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 24 times in total.
art

Postby Sutekh on Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:48 pm

I'm surprised no one has replied to this yet - it looks great. I don't have the EPG set up in Xlobby, and thought it had been taken out. Do you have a link to any docs on setting up the EPG? Is it possible for you to post a link to the skin you are using with all of the files, or maybe just the ones you have added for MyHD? I'll start playing around with this tonight and see what problems I run into.

Thanks for the great post!
Sutekh

Postby art on Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:56 pm

Thanks Sutekh. My skin is a real mess now and it's quite customized to my needs, but I'll try to clean it up a little over this weekend and I'll post it, so you can see what I did.
EPG is quite easy to setup - I use xmltv.exe to download my lineups. When you finish downloading copy, your output file (mine is "xmltv.xml") to xlobby\xmltv foler. Next start xlobby, create new screen in Skin Editor. After you add your screen on the bottom of the skin editor there is a section "EPG", click on the "xmltv" and then on "Add" button and you should now have your EPG :) If you need more detailed instructions on EPG let me know.
Last edited by art on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
art

Postby Sutekh on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:15 am

I downloaded xmltv last night and printed the docs, but that's about as far as I got. I'll try to do a little more tonight, but it may not be until the weekend that I can get it running. Have you done anything with MyTheatre? My hope at some point is to be able to use my htpc to do everything and the tv as just a big monitor (if I can ever find one that I like - things are starting to look very interesting with the new lcos sets - just wish they would input 1080p - I may end up getting something like a Sony A10 and wait a couple more years for them to get things right.)
Sutekh

Postby art on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:46 am

No, I never did anything with MyTheater, but as far as xmltv, it is quite simple, first if you already don't have one, setup account with http://labs.zap2it.com. Next, setup your lineup(s) - I have 2, one for OTA and one for cable... Now you need to configure xmltv - open command prompt and to configure cable lineup type:
c:\xmltv\xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --configure --config-file=cable.dat --dd-data=dd.xml
providing that your xmltv is in "c:\xmltv" folder. You will be asked some questions of 'course, now for your OTA lineup type:
c:\xmltv\xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --configure --config-file=antena.dat --dd-data=dd.xml
Now to download your epg type:
C:\xmltv\xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 13 --output=cable.xml --config-file=cable.dat --dd-data=dd.xml
C:\xmltv\xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 13 --output=antena.xml --config-file=antena.dat --dd-data=dd.xml --reprocess
C:\xmltv\xmltv.exe tv_cat cable.xml antena.xml >xmltv.xml
This will download both lineups and combine them into one output file "xmltv.xml" for 13 days.
Last edited by art on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
art

Postby Aaron on Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:27 am

I thought MyHD had direct integration with TitanTV?

it says it does here...
http://www.digitalconnection.com/Produc ... mdp130.asp

just wondering why you'd need a separate EPG?
Aaron

Postby art on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:32 pm

Well, that depends on your preference. To use titantv guide you need to go to their webpage and use it from there, which you can do in xlobby and that's what I had to do in the past, but if you use remote it is not all that easy plus they have some adds which takes too much space...., etc, etc.
Last edited by art on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
art

Postby Atlas on Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:49 pm

Thanks art! I've been wanting something like this for awhile. Hopefully I'll get to play with this some over the weekend. I don't like using TitanTV just for that fact it is a webpage and I have to grab the mouse to navigate it.

Looks like you are right down the road! :)
Atlas

Postby Aaron on Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:54 pm

art wrote:Well, that depends on your preference. To use titantv guide you need to go to their webpage and use it from there, which you can do in xlobby and that's what I had to do in the past, but if you use remote it is not all that easy plus they have some adds which takes too much space...., etc, etc.

I see... so it does not integrate seamlessly... that sucks.
Aaron

Postby art on Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Aaron wrote:I see... so it does not integrate seamlessly...

no it does not, titantv has something called "Titantv big screen" where you can navigate with arrow keys, but I always had a problem with switching back to xlobby - I couldn't bring back focus to xl.
Last edited by art on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
art

Postby art on Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:51 am

Sutekh wrote: Is it possible for you to post a link to the skin you are using with all of the files, or maybe just the ones you have added for MyHD?

Edit: see top post for link

Here is my skin
It's still a mess, but you should be able to figure out what I did...
art

Postby Atlas on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:55 am

art,

I've installed and followed the instructions on your plugin. I also downloaded your skin to test out the setup. I'm having a couple of problems. One is if I go (using your skin) to Live TV or Guide, myHD starts in 'Favorite mode' even though I told the setup not to. I only have OTA and chose "RF". "Use Fav in myHD" was unchecked.

The other issue is when I select a program from the guide and choose "watch" myHD changes to the composite (Analog video in) input. The lineup.xml file your plugin creates list

<myhdInputNo>1</myhdInputNo>

I'm using the latest xlobby2 and 1.66 version of myHD.

Any clue? Thanks in advance!
Atlas

Postby art on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:21 pm

You first problem is quite simple - those setting that you set during setup are for "Surf Mode" in EPG; when you go to any screen command "Start_MyHD_(videoAreaID:InputMode)" is responsible for setting "Input Mode" in MyHD, so in XL press F2 to get to setup, go to events and find command "startMyHDonTV" in "xMyHD" group and change last part of parameter from "TVFAV" to "TVANT1" this should start MyHD in Ant1 mode - do the same for EPG.
As for your second problem could you email me your MyHD file with backup of your channels and your xmltv.xml file to (removed).
Also, from your previous post I'm going to assume that when you using titantv guide everything is OK, right?

One more thing there should be a file "program.tvvi" in "xlobby\plugins\xMyHD" folder, could you send me this file as well.
I'm asking for all those files 'cause I can't reproduce your problem on my setup, so maybe with your files I'll be able to do that...
Thanks
art

Postby Atlas on Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:17 pm

Thanks for clearing up my confusion on the settings. It makes sense now. I changed the events and that is working correctly now.

I sent you the files that you requested. Let me know if you need any other files or info. Also everything is working fine through TitanTV.
Atlas

Postby art on Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:25 pm

Atlas,
Please check your email. It looks like setup can't make a match between MyHD lineup and xmltv data, I will look into it this evening...
art

Next