a zones distribution in stereo
and a 7.1 restitution in one room
alamata

Re: multizones and 7.1

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:57 am

i would like to know if it's possible to have

a zones distribution in stereo
and a 7.1 restitution in one room

If you use two 7.1 Audigy cards, and the KX drivers, you should be able to keep one as default (don't mess with the KX DSP), and use the other for a 4 zone system (follow my example)...actually, you would have a total of 5 zones then. This is acheivable as each card has its own DSP routing map. For the sort of application you want to achieve, you would only use one "default" .ini file for controlling the 4 zone card in PervTalk. Leave the other card's DSP alone and don't make a .ini file for it. You should be fine. Well worth a try.

Just remember two things...make sure your Audigy 7.1 cards work with the KX drivers. And don't run the KX drivers along with the Creative drivers...supposedly they don't work well together.
Marbles_00

Postby alamata on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:17 am

thanks a lot for the information :D
and for its rapidity...

just one more confirmation...

so i could have an audigy 7.1 for 4 zones
and per example
an Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 for the main place
with an 7.1 restitution through spdif and a standard home theater installation...

thanks for your comprehension...
alamata

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:28 am

Allthough i dont know this particular card u gave as example. It really should work like that.

EDIT: well except ofcourse i dont think Zoneskin is built for 7.1 zone thought, its strictly music player. I was referring that technology underlying the skin should work.

but if u plan to take 7.1 out as digital anyway... couldnt u accomplish all this with just one audigy card? directing 7.1 to one of digital outs and use analog outs for stereo zones?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:43 am

couldnt u accomplish all this with just one audigy card? directing 7.1 to one of digital outs and use analog outs for stereo zones?

I don't think so (though my value cards admittedly are different), but if you look at the default settings, all the fxbus lines go to the xrouter. Where: 4/5 go to xroute front left/front right, 6/7 go to xroute rear surround left/right, and 8/9 go to center/lfe. If I recall, the side surrounds come from 0/1 going through an FXMix and some other plugins before going to the xrouter. This would be if playing movies from the harddrive. The prolog is used for the DVD-Rom which connects the xrouter in a different location, so one may be able to do that then. Be worth experimenting though.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:55 am

Marbles_00 wrote:
couldnt u accomplish all this with just one audigy card? directing 7.1 to one of digital outs and use analog outs for stereo zones?

I don't think so (though my value cards admittedly are different), but if you look at the default settings, all the fxbus lines go to the xrouter. Where: 4/5 go to xroute front left/front right, 6/7 go to xroute rear surround left/right, and 8/9 go to center/lfe. If I recall, the side surrounds come from 0/1 going through an FXMix and some other plugins before going to the xrouter. This would be if playing movies from the harddrive. The prolog is used for the DVD-Rom which connects the xrouter in a different location, so one may be able to do that then. Be worth experimenting though.

This is bold statement, but im pretty certain it can be done. If u remember my test with ASIO, it was established that we r not in reality bounded by entry points like 0/1 4/5 6/7 and so on, but can feed signal to any line in FXbus as long as software or filter in question makes it possible. From there on its simply exercise of routing signals to right output points at epilog, and most of the cards (yours is exception?) exposes analog and digital outputs as separate lines on epilog. I really cant see any reason why would it not work.

So lets assume that we leave normal inputs for main zone (5.1)... then spice up winamps controlling other zones with ASIO plugin and set suitable channel offsets for them so they wont interfere with FXBus lines reserved by default for mainzone. Now we route mainzone to digital outputs of epilog and extra zones to analog ones.

Problem with that example is though that we r not actually sending out AC-3 coded signal, but regular 2 channel SPDIF times 3. That should work fine as long as ur using creatives own 5.1 system. Problem is ofcourse connecting to regular AV-processor, im sure this can be done with means of kXs AC3-encoding, its just i never tried it on myself so cant comment about it much.

Key point is however u should have analog outputs left available for ASIO spiced winamps and all those other stereo zones.

And also i believe ASIO plugin is not only software out there which allows u to route signal to any kX DSPs input (on FXBus), but i believe that there are dshow filters too which also allow this to be done channel by channel basis...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby alamata on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:30 am

hey

sorry for de delay of this post...
first i would like to say thanks for the complementar information

but if i have well understand...

the most of the cards exposes analog and digital outputs as separate lines on epilog

we r not in reality bounded by entry points like 0/1 4/5 6/7 and so on

its "simply" exercise of routing signals to right output points at epilog

That should work fine as long as ur using creatives own 5.1 system

if i want that run must i buy a sound system 7.1 from Creative
with a audigy 7.1 or can i buy a normal a/v processor

thanks for your comprehnsion
alamata

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:04 am

alamata wrote:if i want that run must i buy a sound system 7.1 from Creative
with a audigy 7.1 or can i buy a normal a/v processor

thanks for your comprehnsion

Pretty much everything i said on that post is still just theoretical speculation, and remains so until somebody tests it in the practise. So dont make anykind of buying decisions based on that, unless u bank balance shows billion euro, in which case ill take that ashton martin u are compelled to buy me as bd-gift with pink paint. :D

(Its just id love to hear from police scanner: "We r in pursuit of pink ashton martin") 8) martiny, martiny eu quero martiny :D

Seriously though u dont wanna use Creative speakers on u HT zone :shock:

Im for one curious to test my theory... so mayby if i win this lazyness someday soon, i have a change to proove meself right 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby alamata on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:42 am

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote: Seriously though u dont wanna use Creative speakers on u HT zone :shock:

at this time

i come in a old house in several weeks
to live there

and i would like to have multiroom audio

and at this moment i must buy a audio card

so why not buy an audigy audio card 7.1
because it permet with xlobby to have multiroom audio...

and i have planned to have a 7.1 restitution in the future
in the first main place which is not big

but i have planned to have a multimedia room
there there is a lot place
and it will be the real multimedia place

so my question was for the first small place
to have a temporaly small place with 7.1 restitution

for the real multimedia place it will be other things

but i can at this moment have a simple stereo restitution
in the small first place and wait for the real multimedia place...

in these case i ll buy probably an audigy card who permet
in xlobby to have ...stereo.. mutliroom...
alamata