XScan www

Xlobby plugin development

XScan www

Postby dgemily on Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:34 am

#
http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/dgem ... -small.JPG
##
This software allows you to scan all types of multi-media files in the aim of building your xlobby databases
###

XScan by M51: XScan.v2.2.6.exe

This software allows you to scan all types of multi-media files. (it can replace the Xlobby scan “advantageously”, it is much more powerful ;)

Here is a brief view of its new possibilities:

(1): Information: Import or export under AMC (Ant Movie Catalogue) different basic data format
(2): Scan to AMC different file type: Module Pictures Scan §2, Module Movies Scan §3, Module Music Scan §4. As the same time of the scan it is possible to recover cover and IPTC data
(3): In particular for movies, pictures. The data importation and cover for the recipe cook, Net Radio, Games is to be managed like a picture scan.
(4): Possibility to export the AMC database in small IPTC cover: Module export §6.5.1, to exchange cover (exchange of recipe cook, movie cover, Game, Radio Net,…) or save data in your pictures. We use AMC as editor of IPTC writer.
(5): Possibility to export Xlobby file to AMC: Module export §6.5.2, in the aim of editing the Xlobby database, or to save under another format.
(6): Possibility to scan files directly to Xlobby while recovering the cover with tag IPTC, EXIF, Tag Windows: Module Scan Pictures §2, Module Scan Movies §3, Module Scan Musics §4.
(7): Possibility to export a AMC file towards Xlobby: Module export §6.5.2.
(8 ): Possibility to build a xlobby database directly using IPTC data
(9): Possibility to export the Xlobby database in IPTC cover: Module export §6.5.1, to exchange cover (of recipe cook, movie cover, Game, Radio Net,…) or of safeguard of information for your pictures

Which formats are recognized by XScan:[/i]

For pictures: jpg, bmp and gif , other formats will not be converted into jpg,
With jpg extension, XScan will be able to recover tags : IPTC, EXIF and Windows

For Videos: Very many formats, which makes it possible to recover the information stored in the video file: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs : DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)

For Audios: Very many formats, which makes it possible to recover the information stored in the audio file : OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...

[i]Modules list

- Module Scanning Pictures/Various Images
To make a fast database of its pictures, possibility to recover the tag: IPTC, EXIF or Windows (IPTC not implemented in Xmedia2 skin for the moment)
To update its base of radio, recipe cook, Manga,… (not implemented in Xmedia2 for the moment)
Possible directly export to AMC or Xlobby

- Module scanning Movies, DVD series TV
To make a database of its movies, series TV according to a hard disk, automatic DVD Recoveries of covers and data movies according to a standard data base like CDDB (provided in French sorry)
Possible directly export to AMC or Xlobby

- Module scanning Musics
To make a data base of its musics mp3, aac,…
Possibility of classifying them according to Genre, artist, album, year…
Possible direct export to AMC or Xlobby

- Module USB device
Possibility of ordering Xscan in line of order, and of making imports since a hard disk, key USB (not implemented with skin Xmedia2 for the moment)
To copy, erase, scan files according to Xlobby on its PC, USB stick, PSP,…

- Module IPTC Writer
To check the IPTC tag of the images, cover movies

- Module Template Writer , XML file
All the data bases are configurable ad infinitum according to the templates (more than 120 fields available for video, audio, image,…)

- Module export IPTC covers
Allows to export data in images according to an AMC or Xlobby file in order to exchange data. (movies Covers, radio, recipe cook, games,…)

- Module Xlobby<>AMC
Allows to convert a Xlobby file (xml) to AMC and AMC to Xlobby
Ideal to use AMC and its scripts as basic editor of data of pictures, movies, recipes, games, covers artist,…

- Module Editor of virtual DVD:
Allows you, according to a text file, to create virtual DVD on your hard disk in the aim of supporting easier the scan and the search for covers.
Last edited by dgemily on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dgemily

Postby M51-France on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:13 am

For information, it's possible to download a movie cover pack (compatible XScan) in french sorry :wink: but it's interesting to test XScan (the major of cover have an original name tag in English and should be usable with your movies).

Covers available here: [url]http://m51a.free.fr/XlobbyFiles/Pochettes_Xscan/PackN°1_Pochettes_Film.rar[/url]
M51-France

Postby M51-France on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:17 pm

Hi, no feedback after 3 weeks :(
Anybody used or tested my software ? Even so, I think it's very interisting to scan your media file (particulary your movies ...)
M51-France

Postby dalanik on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:43 pm

As far as I'm concerned, for me it's mostly because I can achieve all I need with built-in XLobby import functionality, and xAnt/AMC.

Second thing - It's not very clear what this plugin does, probably because of French translation to English. I.e. what does the followin sentence mean? :-)

"Possibility of ordering Xscan in line of order, and of making imports since a hard disk, key USB" ...

:-)

One thing that I understand is that it can import EXIF info from pics, but for the time being, I'm to lazy to tag my pics :-)

D.
dalanik

Postby dgemily on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:55 pm

dalanik wrote:. I.e. what does the followin sentence mean? :-)

"Possibility of ordering Xscan in line of order, and of making imports since a hard disk, key USB" ...

this mean, that you can use xscan by command lines ( w/o gui) and you can scan and import your media fron your external hard disc, mp3 player, or usb stick....

you can also try to use it, you will see, you can configure the language and there is also an english documentation inside.

dalanik, xscan is not an alternativ as xant, at all... it's a complement.... ( ie, it can catch video information: format etc....)

later
dgemily

Postby msmulian on Sat May 05, 2007 6:07 pm

Can you help with scanning movies to AMC

I have created dummy folders but when I scan I get the following error

N° Node: 10 File: information, Template: offline

Xscan is configured as follows:

Scan Folder: F:
Movies extension Scanned: avi/mov/wmv/ogm/mkv
Covers Folder: D:\Program Files\xlobby\applications\XScan\IPTCCovers
Covers extension Scanned: jpg/bmp/gif
Save As: D:\Program Files\Ant Movie Catalog\Catalogs\sample.amc
Export to AMC Selected

Top Template: Blank (no option available)
Bottom Template: MoviesCoversAMC-Xlobby.xml (as installed - unmodified)
msmulian

Re: XScan www

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:17 pm

dgemily wrote:XScan by M51: XScan.v2.2.4.exe

Dg: Dead link...can you please send me this plugin if you have it? Thanks!!
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:05 am

Sharp,

I've got it. Give me a moment, then you can link it from my googlepages.

*UPDATED*
Added to my googlepages (link in my signature). Sharp you can link to it if you want.
Marbles_00

Postby rika on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:59 am

If you look at http://www.france.xlobby.com/telecharge ... lications/
You can see that the version now is 2.2.5

Rika
rika

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:51 pm

Thanks rika,

Will be updating my googlepages to accomodate.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:57 pm

Marble_00: Thanks for the offer to link to your site. I am getting away from linking to everything on other sites, as you can probably tell by the way I have set up my googepages...I am trying to get away from deadlinks. Either I am using googlepages to keep my files or a free files host called mediafire.com. I hope this doesn't burn me in the end.
sharp_1

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:59 pm

bad thing on mediafire is the popups, other than that, no problem with it :) I don't have anything really to host as I'm not inventive on skinning lol
cmhardwick

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:21 pm

I have a script blocker plugin installed on m firefox...I don't get popups.
sharp_1

Postby dgemily on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:28 pm

update: XScan.v2.2.6.exe

some bugs fixed....
dgemily